Zero motion blur, amazing!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spinelli, Feb 18, 2013.

1. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

yep, uncapping or capping, makes no difference to the outcome of the strobing effect being successful in reducing/removing motion blur. :)

Spinelli, whilst it is a lot of money, i don't think it's really as much as i would have expected it to be actually based on the costs for a monitor that is of that size and has that high a resolution and has 3D and has lightboost and has lightboost in 2d built in without any hassle and has Nvidia G-Sync (amazing to have that in the mix too!....good bye stutter and screen tearing forever if you have that) and all this at 144Hz as well and only 1 ms response time and has an 8-Bit TNT panel display (not that i know what significance that brings only that the range from 6 to 8 bit increases the range of "whatever it's for" by 4 folds).

That's a lot of leading edge technologies you never find bundled into one product. And each of those on their own are pretty expensive and that's normal but for have all these combined, the price they are asking seems really reasonable (not that i or most mainstream people would buy it for whatever reasons, e.g. too highly priced for your budget, etc). But in the grand scheme of things, i would say that's a bargin...like being offered a sports car with a 30-50% discount imo (but again the car is not in my personal budget even with the discount :p).

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2014
  2. Axeslayer

Axeslayer Registered

If you $800 a rip off come to England and pay £719.99 which is $1233 . Nice monitor if can live with the price .

3. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Have any of you guys confirmed that 3D and 2D strobing can be finally done at the full 144 Hz refresh rate, or are we still limited to 120 Hz in those scenarios?

Assuming the ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q can match the super low total input lag times of the ASUS VG248QE, and the BenQ XL2411Z/T, XL2420Z/T, and XL2720Z, then three of these Swifts, as of now, will hopefully (if funds permit, lol) be my next monitor upgrade.

4. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Cheers guys I'll leave it uncapped then :)

5. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Did you look at the 2D strobing instructions on the blurbusters website for specifically the samsung models, Mr. Coanda Exhaust? :)

6. adaptable1

adaptable1 Registered

I've had 3 Acer HN274H 3D monitors that I picked up cheap (~$200-$300 each) for 6 months and happened to stumble upon the blur busters website yesterday. I was able to use the registry hack to get lightboost to remain on after I turn on 3D, test it once, hit control+t during the test, then turn 3D off. It remains on until I reboot. It looks freakin amazing. rFactor2 at 120hz almost looks like reality....no blurring, especially on the side monitors. I have to play Assetto Corsa at 100hz, but it still has the same silky smoothness.

Does gsync do this kind of thing, but only at lower frame rates? I've seen reviews that said that Gsync looks like 120fps, but with the game only putting out 45-50fps at 4k. It's wonder if it can maintain the same kind of CRT smoothness. If so, there might be a new monitor in my future. Maybe even this on http://www.blurbusters.com/acer-predator-xr341ck-34-144hz-g-sync-ultrawide/

7. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

So I may be able to get 120hz from my TV which would be nice :D

8. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

A. 99% of TVs don't sccept a 120 HZ signal and won't output that 120 HZ, it's mostly marketing crap,

B. This is not a "regular" 100+ Hz mode, it's using the strobing capability of the monitor )like a traditional CRT TV) to almost completely eliminate all hardware-limitation induced motion blur. Regular, non-strobing 120 Hz still has a TON of blur.

Click the OP for more info and links, or look up "Nvidia Lightboost", "ULMB" (Ultra Low Motion Blur), or BenQ "Blur Reduction Mode". You need a monitor capable of strobing/flashing/blinking the backlight.

Some TVs are starting to come out with this now, but it'll be at 60 Hz, and also, TVs just have all sorts of other crap which affects the image and/or experience like interpolation (fake added frames for fake 120/240/600 Hz), input lag, and all sorts of junk.

9. adaptable1

adaptable1 Registered

That said, most true active 3D HDTVs do except a 120hz signal. If you can still find a plasma, it will look like a CRT anyway. I'm holding out for a large 4k or ultra wide (32+ inches) with gsync/lightboost. I'm tired of messing with drivers and SLI, etc. that break with updates. Big, wide, and smooth!

10. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Ya, plasmas have insanely short pixel response times but how many are out there that accept and output true 120 Hz?

And then, out of that extremely minute amount of TVs, how many of those have extremely little input lag?

It's a small fraction of a tiny fraction.

11. adaptable1

adaptable1 Registered

I have one (4 years old 60 inch LG that looks great for gaming!)... I see Plasmas at Costco every now and then. 3D ones are pretty rare nowadays. Too bad there isn't any 4k plasmas.

12. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

I followed the links in this thread and apparently quite a lot of TV's have inbuilt 120hz.
    changing edid or using toastyx can unlock this.
    I will be trying/testing tomorrow so will let ya know.

I can see refresh rates up to 200hz in ccc,this is with a vga connection to my TV.
    The other pc has HDMI and nothing like that shows up,so I'll also test that with the DVI to VGA connector.

But how could I check if it's been successful?

13. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

The screen also has to have a strobing mode as well.