Released TrackMap 0.92beta for rFactor2.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fazerbox, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Deadpedal

Deadpedal Registered

I've been a huge fan of TrackMap and GID for a long time and was disappointed that v.92 crashed like some others have related in this thread. I found a FIX for 0.92 crashing on this page: http://www.internationalsimracing.com/forum/index.php?topic=1677.0 and it worked for me to get v.92 working for me (I had to resort to v.91 before this).

Another problem still exists for me. I've found that there are 2 tracks that will not load a track map despite having extracted the .GDB and .AIW files for them: Lienz & Croft v1.0. Oddly Croft v1.0 will load a track map using if the croft.gdb and croft.aiw from the earlier v.91 but not the .gdb and .aiw files extracted from the from Croft v1.0 MAS. Any ideas?

2. fazerbox

fazerbox Registered

Hi,

1) For Croft v1.0
    I have just now done same tests and it works on my system. I don't know why it doesn't load map on your system.
    Be sure to have these 2 files:
    <rFactor2>\Plugins\TrackMap\Tracks\CROFT_ROAD_COURSE.AIW
    <rFactor2>\Plugins\TrackMap\Tracks\CROFT_ROAD_COURSE.GDB

2) For Lienz v0.90
    Map is not loaded because TrackMap has a trivial bug that doesn't remove comment from lines readed from AIW and GDB.
    This bug has been solved but not yet released.

Workaround:
    Open file
    <rFactor2>\Plugins\TrackMap\Tracks\LIENZ_GP.GDB and remove comments from TrackName and EventName as follow:

TrackName = Lienz GP Long
    EventName = Lienz Week 4 - GP Long

This is ok because this file is used by Trackmap only.

Cheers,
    Max.

3. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Hi Max,

Any news of the fix that would cure the "hosting and playing with the same pc-->flickering trackmap plugin objects" problem? :)

4. fazerbox

fazerbox Registered

Today or tomorrow I will release a version.

Cheers,
    Max.

5. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Great! :)

6. Deadpedal

Deadpedal Registered

Thanks, Max. I'll give Croft v1.0 another try and will edit the Lienz files.
    Many thanks for this great plugin and thank you for continuing to improve it.

7. coops

coops Banned

wondering why its so temperamental its either the plugin or build but 1 minute it works next time turn on pc no work next time it does.
    sick of it and wont be using till more stable or till next build.

8. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Was hoping to get new version for tonight...any chance?

9. Deadpedal

Deadpedal Registered

Editing the Lienz .gdb worked. I know the track well enough but at least I can tell how far behind my opponents I am now :)

I can't say for sure why Croft v1.0 was giving me so much grief but I got it straightened out after some hours of screwing around. I don't think it had anything to do with the plugin. I cleaned every trace of Croft v.91 and v1.0 out and re-installed v1.0 from a fresh download from feels3's website.

What a debacle getting rid of Croft v.91 though! Two rfmods had it linked. I hadn't realized that I'd not updated the PIXSIM Lola T280 to use only the rfcmp version so it was still linked to v.91. Then I discovered that the R8 Gordini v0.3 rfmod also had it linked. I uninstalled it only to realize later that it was the only rfmod left that had referenced Mills Metro v1.3. Because I'd updated the Clio Cup to the v1.41 Multi Comp version, the new Mills got uninstalled with the Gordini mod! That forced me to reinstall the ClioCup v1 rfmod with the Mills v1.3 (not yet available as a comp), copy out the track folder, uninstall the old Clio and finally replace the new Mills track back in the Locations folder. When I was done (or so I thought), I fired up rF2 and all was well with Croft v1.0 coming up with the TrackMap v.92 working, yeah! BUT, next time I go to run Croft I get this GMotor2 error saying there's an error loading RACESURFACE_24.gmt. I tried and tried to get the track to load but this persisted until I just restarted my PC (damned if I know why that fixed it!). All's well that ends well I guess. I do hope this tendency by mod builders to bundle their cars up with tracks goes the way of the Dodo soon. It's some annoying when you want to get rid of obsolete content.

Thanks again, Max. Looking forward to the next iteration of your TrackMap plugin.

10. zim2323

zim2323 Registered

Does anybody else have issues with the new Vette release where the plugin blinks on and off constantly/randomly?

11. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I do not believe it has nothing to do with new Vette.

I have on and off blinks when I host and play from the same pc.

12. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

It also blinks with certain flickering modes when driver labels are enabled. AFAIK, Max knows about these issues.

13. fazerbox

fazerbox Registered

Just now released a new 0.93 version that solves flickering when hosting a race.

Enjoy.
    Max.

14. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

And just like previous versions im geting CTD on rfactro2 startup - its caused by d3d9.dll, any solution pls?
    (GeForce GTX TITAN)

15. fazerbox

fazerbox Registered

Do you get an error message?
    Did you install DirectX9 runtime and Visual c++ runtime library as reported in manual?

16. zeXav

zeXav Registered

17. fazerbox

fazerbox Registered

Because you have to change grid.txt file inside <rFactor2>/plugins/trackmap/Images/HUD folder.

or on track:
    Press ALT + SPACE ---> Select Objects > ---- > move on Grid row and press Return ---> Use CTRL UP or DOWN to change num drivers ---> ALT + SPACE to exit from menu,

Cheers,
    Max

18. Steven Mosley Jr.

Steven Mosley Jr. Registered

I like your plugin, but I for the life of me can not figure out how to disable the track map in the game menus and the replay. It just makes absolutely no sense to have track maps there.

I read through the manual and looked through the config file and could not find anything that pertains to the track map in the menus and replay.

19. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Lol... I had this 'problem' too.

You simply need to press 0 key (to the right on the keyboard) to swap between map - zoomed map - no map ;)

20. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

First of all many thanks to Fazor for this great plugin. The additional Information I can get with it are very usefull and important for me. I really like it :D

I have one question:
    Since I 've changed my hardware setup to a tripple screen solution with nvidia surround I have more free space (on the right and left display). So I have tried to
    put some information as the grid box or the sector time box to the left or right lower part of the display. The advantage would be a clear center screen for my racing view.
    If I need some information a quick look to the left or right shows me the needed
    Information.
    Unfortunately the Info boxes are not visible all the time. This happen only on the left and right screen. Infos on the center screen are always visible. It occur all Infos (on left or right screen) they are all visible or all unvisible. This happen randomly more then once per lap.
    I dont know maybe it is local problem of my setup?
    Can anyone confirm this?
    If yes is there a workarround available?

My Setup: fresh installed build 198 with actual content. Nvidia gtx670 4GB with newest beta driver nvidia surround is on with three Iiyama 24" and 5860 x 1050 resolution. I also use the ir tracker, motec and fanaled plugins.
    Tested with ISI F3.5 mod on Portugal GT layout.

thx for support

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk HD