rf2 graphics quality expectations

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nazirull Safry Paijo, Feb 18, 2013.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

christ yeah tell me about it, left the thing overnight many times to build a map only to find an annoying bug the next morning and have to recompile all over again :D

Totally agree with what you mean about the tools, it's something that's severly lacking compared to FPS games where as you say those tools are widely made by the big names and handed out to whomever licenses their engine. Spent countless hours in all the Quake editors and UnrealEd..which when released was a simply terrific tool :)

2. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

I don't think many of the car sim developers around have such tools, I don't really know why. Maybe because environments are not that complex (yet!) in racing sims as in some large scale action/adventure games. Assetto Corsa will have such built-in editor for car editing, but I don't know if there is something similar for tracks.

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

personally I just think it's because Sim racing companies/games are just behind FPS companies/games by a few years, look back to how big iD Software & EPIC MegaGames (as they were then known!) were in the late 1990s early 2000s. Many more FPD games than Sim back then and their tech was far advanced especially graphically, Sim companies will get to the stage and although in theory they should be there now it just goes to prove how hard it is in a niche market that they have to deal with. There again FPS games are and have always been much more popular thus generated more money for those companies to bring in better tools as they've had the staff to do so.

4. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

Sure more budget allows better tools. We cant really compare the design of standard first person shooter environments to a racing sim environments. In first case you basically design how the whole game plays, in latter you design it to look as close to real as possible. Track makers don't have to think about if it is fun to play.

5. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Gjon Carmack

6. daWave

daWave Registered

+1

Thats exactly what i did for some time now. This game is completely different and looks even better and much more dynamic than iRacing or PussyCARS. Also enable Ambient Occlusion in Nvidia Inspector pumps dynamics even more ;)

Just all of you try to adjust your TV or monitor settings (brightness, contrast, gamma, colors) while ingame sitting in cockpit. The same for nvidia driver color panel, try these settings i use for my 46"-LCD-TV:

Brightness: 100%
    Contrast: 30%
    Gamma: +0.50
    Digital Color: +26%

Tosch's HDR-profiles make these settings even more brilliant, so works perfectly together, just try it.

7. coops

coops Banned

i went back to driver 310.90 for a gtx680 4gig FPS was shocking updated to the latest driver 326.41 and the FPS is doubled plus some thank god i don't know if this is nvidia side of things or isi side... either way im happy, so with more optimization and nvidia doing there bit i look frwd to more FPS in the future.

8. maniac618

maniac618 Registered

rFactor 2 looks good enough for me on my new i7 4770k, 16gb ram, gtx 770 4gb PC.

It's a sim at the end of the day and it's more about the feel than the look. HDR makes enough of a difference and with all settings on max I feel immersed enough visually as well as with the feel. As far as I'm concerned the graphics as they are now, could be the final graphics for rFactor 2 and I would not complain.

9. KILL BILL

KILL BILL Registered

The quality of the graphics I like, lacking only the high fps in reflections. For example I have 80-120 fps, but by car about 10. And Poly can be increased, For full happiness :)

10. FAlonso

FAlonso Registered

The graphics do not like much. In 2013 I would like to see graphs of 2013, but if not possible, I would like that much better optimization.

I hope the guys at ISI find the solution soon.:rolleyes: