rf2 graphics quality expectations

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nazirull Safry Paijo, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Sorry couldn't help myself :p

2. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

i know...rf/rf2 is a community platform anyways

3. Jize

Jize Registered

how is 6/2 = 27/3 ?

4. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Some new form of math I guess?

5. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

@ Nazirull Safry Paijo
    +1
    we agree... :)

6. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

The Clio in rF1 is better than the one in rF2?!

7. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

I don't know. What I DO know is that rf2 clio plus Poznan hypnotic!

8. Rik

Rik Registered

No

9. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

10. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

Putnam is a great circuit, not only cus its a fun layout but I can max out every option on triple screens and it still runs at 60-70fps! And then it looks just as great as the youtube clip
    For the first time I actually finished a race against AI just cus I was immersed so much compared to how I always drive (shadows low, no HDR, no fxaa, ...).
    Too bad that when I wanted to try the same at Lime Rock it dropped to 15fps ;(

11. shum94

shum94 Registered

I reinstalled rFactor 2 and full with max filtering, it's not bad but it still needs work. I got smooth fps on Putnam everything maxed out but any other tracks is bad fps wise, what's it's secret ?

Rain however is bad, very bad looking.

This was at it's time a great looking graphics game, i remember watching a video where they were explaining a trick with rain where solid snake was producing rain drops splashes to unload the system for better fps.
    Maybe there is an idea to try for sim.

12. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

The secret ? The track is in the middle of nowhere, there's one building and four trees. It's obvious that since there's not much to show on screen, the fps won't be the same that a track like Monaco...

13. Duvel

Duvel Registered

I assume you mean graphically. Not sure i agree even on this point, but i'm sure ISI can do better and i hope they do, especially super hi res/poly cockpits please. In terms of the driving feel, there is probably no fwd car that behaves anywhere near as well as the rf2 Clio, it's stunningly ahead of anything else by a massive margin, especially rf1 mods.

14. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

I didn't play this as i was scrolling down the page and the starting image actually made me think it was in real life...until i read the title. Gonna watch it now.

edit: Just watched it. God damn the graphics looked great with everything set to high.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2013
  15. Duvel

Duvel Registered

Not sure what made that video look so like real life, but it doesn't look like this when i put everything on max. Must be the way he filmed it. Looks amazing. If ISI can get the shaders really nailed, just look at the potential there.

16. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

Haha, it looks like it has been shot with video camera from screen (look at the 3:10 mark, you'll see borders of the monitor). But then again, video footage does not look REAL. It is not comparable as what we see with bare eye. It feels like video looks more real than what we see with our eyes in real life because we are so used to watch videos. This is the gimmick what many modern games use to make their games appear realistic looking.

17. kill_em_all

kill_em_all Registered

For sure some things look overdone (like the red phase of sunset being too red) or others look poor (rain), but overall rF2 does the best as far as immersion using the lighting in the cockpit. The way light falls on the windshield from both sides outside and inside, during daytime and night is really lifelike imo. Way better for me than the path pCars took. Screenshots may be worse but during play, much better.

18. Nick Jongeneelen

Nick Jongeneelen Registered

hoe do u get so much realistic graphics? i play rf2 aswell.. with clio but it looks cartoony.. most i drive LRP etc. online..
    that graphics are bad compares with ur video.. how did u get so max gfx?

19. ForthRight

ForthRight Registered

It's amazing how the track quality (textures, lighting, build quality etc) can affect the whole experience.

I was driving the new F1 car at Sepang and with that particular track the sim still looks dated and cartoonish to me. Then I loaded up Poznan with the same car and it's like looking at a different game! The textures on the road, the lighting... it makes such a big difference when it is done well.

When the track is built correctly rFactor 2 really isn't far away from Assetto Corsa or pCARS in terms of visual quality. I am of course only talking about the cockpit view - when you watch from replays it all starts going a bit wonky again.

20. Duvel

Duvel Registered

If you turn up your brightness really high, this vid looks pretty real to me, was done at 4pm:

With a bit of work on ISI's part (and it will come), rf2 is going to look more real than any other sim, i'm sure of it.