rf2 graphics quality expectations

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nazirull Safry Paijo, Feb 18, 2013.

1. stonec

stonec Registered

2. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

1 fancy building doesn't decide the complete atmosphere and overall quality of a game ;)

3. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

Yes, that is the problem. Overall inconsistency in everything.

4. 7xu5

7xu5 Registered

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

this is the kind of graphics that we all want to Rfactor2. but we only have the old-style graphics

5. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

I always wondered : if you all don't like the sim, why are you still here ? For the pleasure of trolling ? :confused:

6. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Acually, pCARS has very weird sunsets.
    What you have in pCARS and many other games is black-orange color scheme for sunsets, while it should be blue-orange. The same often happens to sky in games - goes from blue to orange and then straight from orange to black.

In reality, sky remains blue during and after sunset. It's only the horizon that gets orange.

Seriously, some game programmers should take a break, go outside and see what real sunset looks like ;)

pCARS guys did a nice job on reflections. Their 3D artists and texture artists do great job as well. They still have lots of features missing, though.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2013
  7. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

That was uncalled for.

8. 7xu5

7xu5 Registered

troll? uhmmm!!. I like the sim but it would be much better with next-generation graphics. But then, I guess it's better to follow ISI as a lamb. And only with its magnificent FBB is arranged everything.

Don't you have anything to say about the graphics quality of Rfactor2 in compararción with other "similar" products on the market?

:confused:

Best Regards from the troll's house.

9. C3PO

C3PO Registered

I'm not getting this in game in pCARS.

10. bander

bander Registered

ISI tendria que dar algún adelanto de lo que va a ser la versión final.Ya es hora no?

ISI would have to give a preview of what will be the version final.Ya is time not?

11. 7xu5

7xu5 Registered

You use FXAA and SWFX?

12. Davy TASB

Davy TASB Registered

I'll say one thing about nearly all of these super shiny racers compared to rFactor. You are lucky to get 16 cars on the track at any one time with most of them and nearly all of the super shiny games that some of you crave rFactor to be like are not true simulators but classed as simcade or arcade games.

AC may (and hopefully will) buck the trend on the PC but it will be a year or two before you get all of the features already found in rFactor 2.
    (you know, rain, dynamic road, dynamic lights, night racing, pit stops. etc)

When AC does get these features, the question is, will AC still run good and look as pretty as it does now with its basically "featureless" tech preview.

13. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

That question is somewhat a loaded question as there are "Games", "Sims" and a mix of both worlds. As far as sims goes, some focus on graphics more than physics, others focus more on physics. Which is right for you, only you can decide. I have not driven pcars, nkpro or others so I can't comment on which does physics or graphics better.

As to the graphic quality of rF2, sure it would be nice to have better, more realistic graphics, but if it comes at the expense of realism in the physics area, then I can live without it.

14. Alesi

Alesi Registered

why should it? they cant make both???? physics and graph??

15. Davy TASB

Davy TASB Registered

Name a race sim that currently has super shiny graphics and all the features rFactor 2 has?

16. Alesi

Alesi Registered

1. there is no games at all (they all in alpha, beta - in different stages)
    2. big expectations on AC.. maybe sometime cars

17. Davy TASB

Davy TASB Registered

Your first answer is bang on and is why I think some people are being a bit too harsh on rFactor 2 at the moment especially when you see the gradual improvements in graphics and HDR profiles with each build that is released.

(Yes, I know some things could be better but my point is that rF2 graphics are not nearly as bad as some people are making out, stuff like Poznan with the HDR proves my point)

18. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

I am not sure about your system, but currently my system is not capable of real time physics for up to 35 cars and all that is required to have graphics like pcars.

19. stonec

stonec Registered

I still feel the problem is way over exaggerated. ISI has stated that all old content will be re-released as components soon, only then can they be used as judgement of what the current graphics engine can do (bear in mind, some tracks like Sepang were built in 2009). At the moment I would only judge rF2 graphics with the currently released components, that is, Lime Rock Park and Brianza and I would also include the latest work of feels3, Poznan. Any other tracks are either quick conversions or not made with the current rF2 engine. For me, the quality of the latest tracks is totally adequate, with the exception of HDR overexposure when driving in closed-wheel car cockpit view.

20. tjc

tjc Registered

Mmm... neither is mine...

Would be nice though...