T500 Vs G25/ G27

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by slingshot, Feb 16, 2013.

1. slingshot

slingshot Registered

I Just purchased my Father a T500rs integral with The ferrari wheel for his birthday. I have used it for about 4hours since yesterday.
    This wheel is very very nice. I thought my G27 was doing a nice job (hated the rattle) but thought it was doing well.

After driving with the T500 now I know how to explain the difference between the 2 wheels. The FFB from the g27 is telling you that something is about to happen,or has happened. The T500 is telling you what is about to happen.

I instantly became a better driver with this wheel. At places where if I pushed the car hard many times before, I would get into non recoverable spin. Now many times I do not spin or I feel it getting loose early enough that I can recover!!!!!!!!!!!
    It is truly amazing!!!!!!

I thought about maybe a Fanetec.
    I am selling my G25 and both of my G27s and buying T500 !

2. LowRider

LowRider Registered

good choice ;)

3. Paladin

Paladin Registered

Best combo for the money is a T500 wheel with the Club Sport V2 pedals.

When I started I got the G27. I was hooked on racing and that lasted about a month before I upgraded to the T500. Worth it big time! I agree it is night and day.

Upgrading to the CS V2 pedals was also huge.

IMHO of course. :)

4. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Coming from G25 to T500RS I can only agree with your conclusion. I was really happy with my G25 as it is a very good wheel and I had tons of fun for years with it. Having now the T500RS is an huge improvement in handling and FFB. I'm really happy about T500RS pedals (I only know G25 and T500RS one so can't really speak about other) , and added the TH8RS shifter, a great peace of hardware! I'm really happy with this combo :) The T500RS wheel have more subtilities on FFB side, more precise, and the fact is belt driven 'instead of gear for G25) is really a good advantage.

5. Paladin

Paladin Registered

I also got the TH8, it is indeed a great shifter. :)

The thing I like the most, and the thing I would most convey, about the T500 is it has serious strength. It feels like a real wheel. It is STRONG in the way it moves and feels. it springs back like an actual wheel and is strong enough to feel like you are actually trying to turn a wheel and move huge tires while sitting still. You can feel that. The FF is wonderful as well.

It is just a serious wheel.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2013
  6. coops

coops Banned

i have the gt2 fanatec great wheel, th8 great shifter, cspv1 with a v2 upgrade. but Logitech owners should realize there is a great product out there for the brake pedal called... (the perfect pedal) have used a m8s and its as good as the load cell.

7. Jadran73

Jadran73 Registered

TRS Official Loadcell Brake Mod :D

[​IMG]