T500RS Recommended settings?

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by MarcusarilliuS_IRL, Feb 14, 2013.

1. MarcusarilliuS_IRL

MarcusarilliuS_IRL Registered

Hey guys,

Just got the T500 the other day and am wondering what the best settings are to give true unaltered force feedback.

I wanted to make sure that the t500 config in windows is setup properly so I get the FF the devs intended.
    I know on the G27 the recommended settings for spring and damper were 0 but dunno if it applies to the T500?
    Also what is the best force strength setting?

Are the default settings in game ok, the force mult and the filter, or should I change filter from 4 to 0?

Cheers,

Mark.

2. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

I use those ones with my T500RS and I'm happy:

Steering: 1080 degrees

Overall Strength: 60%
    Constant: 100%
    Periodic: 95%
    Spring: 0%
    Damper: 0%
    Auto-center: By The Game (recommended)

For filtering in game is more a question of personal taste and depend of tracks. I keep it to 4 mainly, and raise a bit for some track to avoid too many check of my office, like Lienz with pavement where I put it to 8. If you like it raw (and can, due to your rig) you can try 0 (no filter). I think we have other threads talking about it (try the "search") ;)

Edit: and I never had to touch the FFB multiplier in game so far.

3. Digi Lauda

Digi Lauda Registered

Good luck finding a correct answer:rolleyes: Since rF2 beta is released i´m testing very much with the FFB and for me it seems to be impossible to find a setting that fits to all cars, tracks and conditions.
    And that´s all just with the original ISI content. I´m afraid that it won´t get better with all the community stuff, when every modder models his work to his personal preferences.
    Even the devs were asked in the past how the FFB should be set and actually we got some answers. The conclusion - in my perception - was: "do whatever you want and feels good to you".

In my opinion this all is very unsatisfying.............

But i´m using a Fanatec GT3, maybe you have more luck and more consistend feeling with your Thrustmaster.

digi

4. tHenOrthfAce

tHenOrthfAce Registered

On the driver side i have the following settings:

Steering: 900 degrees

Overall Strength: 60%
    Constant: 100%
    Periodic: 100%
    Spring: 100%
    Damper: 0%
    Auto-center: By The Game (recommended)

These settings are even recommended on a iRacing FFB-Guide.
    For ingame adjustments you just need to download an install a pedaloverlay plugin which is also capable of indicating FFB-clipping.
    Using that clipping bar you should decrease the car specific FFB-Multi until there is no clipping during normal driving conditions. Typical FFB-Multi values at my end are 0.6-0.75.

5. Digi Lauda

Digi Lauda Registered

Aha,

very simple.....but........

controller.ini **************
    Steering resistance coefficient="0.10000" // Coefficient to use for steering resistance. Range: -1.0 to 1.0
    Steering resistance saturation="0.10000" // Saturation value to use for steering resistance. Range: 0 - 1.0
    Steering spring coefficient="0.00000" // Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0)
    Steering spring saturation="0.10000" // Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0)

As far as i know, can see and feel, the Spring setting on the wheel does nothing when there is no coefficient defined!
    (I´m not talking about and confusing it with the the auto-center-spring, which has to be disabled for sure!)

But there is a coefficient defined for dampening (resistance)! Use it or not?
    Ok, all the Pros will say "no", but i´m really not sure about this after all my testings. In many circumstances it feels really much better and gives me more confidence into the car with damper effects. And..... sometimes not.

Maybe it´s just the unfinished game (tire model,real road and so on) which gives me inconsistent FFB feeling throughout the game. I don´t know.

digi

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2013
  6. MarcusarilliuS_IRL

MarcusarilliuS_IRL Registered

Cheers lads. Will try the settings you recommended.

7. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Is anyone having auto-restart problem with T500rs? Sometimes the steering wheel just boots itself in the middle of the race and then it's impossible to continue, it's necessary to quit and restart the simulator.

Tried different USB ports, last firmware but it's still happening both in rF1 and rF2, occasionally it happens in Sinbim product too. I totally lost the confidence on this hardware...

8. LowRider

LowRider Registered

Never had any problem like this with my T500. So i doubt its the wheel. Sounds more like a connection lost to me.

9. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

I hope you are not using a USB hub or the front ports on the computer case.

10. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Since T500rs has an external power supply, it shouldn't suffer by lack of energy, I'm guessing here the USB energy is insignificant, so the issue must come from a data connection lost, indeed. The question is why... it's a very annoying issue.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2013
  11. Panigale

Panigale Banned

FWIW - T500 - 100/100/95/92 overall 100 and in game depends on car but .99 for the C6R feels good at LRP and Sebring.

12. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

No, I'm not. I'um using USB 2.0 located at the back of the tower (the Mainboard hub). USB 3.0 hub shows the same problem by the way. :(

13. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Never had such problem with mine. Do you have last T500RS firmware available?

14. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

15. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Do youo have a lot of high drain USB devices connected like external hard drives?

16. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Not many but you gave me a good idea, I'll disconnect every USB stuff and test, it'd be also a good check for some port conflict.

17. bokoboko

bokoboko Registered

I think iv experienced this also,once(maybe twice? cant remember) in rf2 so ur not alone.
    Dont know what u mean by reboot but suddenly ffb stopped working..
    In race room iv also experienced it but more often there,but i have a lot of time now to have this issue again,maybe race room got fixed or something with the updates? Dont know..
    Btw the first day when i had t500 happened and i was shocked O_O
    Anyway,i searched then in forums etc etc and everybody was suggesting connecting it in the mainboard and not in the front usb's..

18. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Yes, that's what I did. I left the front panel USB for the low-energy stuff only like wireless mouse etc.

BTW, some people is also relating this issue with USB cable extensions, when the PC is far from the wheel location. I have given up these cable USB extensions because they're really cheap low quality being useless due the energy losses. But T500rs shouldn't depend on USB energy, this port should be for data only since there's a exclusive power unity for the steering wheel.

19. bokoboko

bokoboko Registered

Ah,i also have to tell u that even i had these problems i never made the change to the mainboard usb's cause first i couldnt accept it :p and second i wanted to see if it will make it again etc..
    I still have it in the front usb's :D(no problem so far for quite some time now)

20. perplex

perplex Registered

hey t500rs family :) happy too be with you guys now.

wondering where to buy or pre order the new add on wheel for the t500... ferrari 458 challenge wheel... anybody got some infos ?

While i searched for the new addon wheel i found this ... maybe interesting ?! ;)

https://www.logicnet.org/TRS-Official-Loadcell-Brake-Mod/product.html/eid_2707888/?bk=UmFjaW5nLVdoZWVsL1BDL3Byb2R1Y3RzLmh0bWwvY2xzXzUxNS8,

edit : ok sry for making you guys nervous. heheh

found it https://www.logicnet.org/Thrustmaster-Ferrari-GTE-Wheel-Add-On/product.html/eid_2757419/?bk=dW5rbGFzc2lmaXppZXJ0ZS1Qcm9kdWt0ZS9wcm9kdWN0cy5odG1sL2Nsc180MzYv