[WIP] Nordschleife by German Modding Team

Discussion in 'Locations' started by GTClub_wajdi, Feb 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mario Morais

Mario Morais Registered

I have GTR EVO and my first look of the track i see a poor road mesh.

As you can see the section of the road has only two vertices! What are the edges. For rf2 is like driving a farm tractor :). I hope they have made the circuit in 3ds max.
    View attachment 6170

2. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Id like to know if the steam version will do too please Aleksss, as i like what i see dude, very nice pics & cant wait :cool:

3. Mauro

Mauro Registered

very good question Mario

4. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

Never even heard of GTR Evo here.

Looks good, not the best though. Feels3 has them beat there.

5. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Seems that FONismo doesn't like feels circuites!:confused:

6. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Hmmm where did i say that? I love Feels work but these look better in comparison to anything else released so far. These look good with daylight settings for a start, look at the comparison with the GT5 pic, it looks fairly close lighting wise, impressive. Maybe it's the nords factor that makes them even better, who knows. I do hope time is spent on this though and not rushed but already it looks really great, please work on AI though. I can't race against the AI on 70% of rF2's tracks as they are useless and online is not matured enough yet to take serious.

7. philmcqueen

philmcqueen Registered

Yes amazing !!!

Nice to see you here Mr Hompe

8. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

I also have GTR-Evo, it's not that I'm moaning, rather just want to know how will those two games function together? I will install their track in rFactor mod manager and every time when I want to drive on that track I will need to log into my Steam account too? Or just enter GTR-Evo key somewhere once and that's it?

9. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I was just kidding!:)

10. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Nope it should just work like the GTL disc check does for HistorX, checks once only for the disc during the install, once checked, you will not need to do it again until you reintstall it again on a fresh rF2 install

Not sure how that works with rF2's new install system as it's different to rF1 but it will be similar.

11. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

Wheres the thread saying they dont mind? :p

12. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

ohh and cant wait for this ..... have evo :)

13. nordlover

nordlover Registered

Lighting looks good but I am surprised to see that many of the incorrect assets remain from the Gtrevo version. For example, sign positions are off and sizes of the signs are way too big. The Yokohama signs need to be sized down around to 66% of original size for instance. Also, fonts used are Arial instead of Helvetica like in real life. Did you also fix the misspellings Simbin made? How come the KM signs are not updated with the black numbers and newer Bilstein logo and sized down to around 80% of original size to be realistic? Also, the font on the Opel sign at the Karussel is supposed to be Arial Black not Arial Bold.

Are you going to make new tirewalls in the correct position? Are you going to resize and fix the stands and pitwall at turn 1? How about updating the armco in various places to get closer to real life. Are the 2 bridges that run across the track going to be raised to proper height? Also... the the darn weird oversized, mishapen, way too elevated castle going to be fixed? It looks ridiculous in the original version. As much as I like the new lighting, all these "little" things should really be sorted out as they all add up to a great deal. I am really only stating some of the more obvious things that need to be fixed and updated but there are many other little things to update/add as well. (I'd love to see you add the extra building to Hotel Nordschleife)

You've got a lot of work ahead of you still it seems. Good luck though.

By the way, how does Simbin feel about this? Com8 cancelled his version quietly due to pressure from his new employer I presume. So this version has a green light from them?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2013
  14. RafBR

RafBR Registered

I went to steam store and the game costs about $10 so if GMT release it for free it would be not that expensive, and simbin will be glad :D

15. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Great conversion project !
    I've got this track from RaceInjection (Race_Steam.exe) as I can remember so please don't forget to include this game in your "cd check".

16. hoover

hoover Registered

Great news, I'm really looking forward to this release, it will be a great (if not THE GREAT) addition to rFactor 2 ;)

Uwe

17. TurboGigi

TurboGigi Registered

Wow,
    The ring is coming ...

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2013
  18. Hermmie

Hermmie Registered

Since im not really into track modding and conversions, time-wise, how big of a rough timeframe can we be looking at? Due to the sheer size of the track and trackside objects to deal with.. early summer?

19. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Even though, I have to close this on our forums, by request. Thanks for your understanding.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.