Cub Sport Wheel owners

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Miro, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Miro

Miro Registered

So after talking to the familly boss there is no chance I can aford Leo's wheel ever.
    BUT it's easier now to get the CSW!

So I just wanted to ask you guy's what's your experience meanwhile with this wheel on rF2?
    Cons/pros all is welcome and which wheel did you use before and how are the differences?

Cheers

2. Golanv

Golanv Registered

I would like to hear from folks that could compare it to T500RS, I'm not about to trade mine into CSW, but just out of curiosity.
    Mrslfrsl, if you are Mrs. in the family... you are the boss ...and your title says Cub. :p

3. Miro

Miro Registered

No sadly I am not the boss but fortunately I am not a Mrs. lol. The Mrs. is the boss. :D
    Long time ago I just needed a nickname and I had no better idea.

4. Oldie

Oldie Registered

This are my last 3 wheels

T500RS
    CSW

back to T5000RS

csp cons

insufficient FFB
    insufficient precession

far to much trouble with defects

csp pros

can't remember of any

5. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Which rim were you using on tge CSW out of interest?

Also do you not mind the fixed shifters on the t500?

6. Oldie

Oldie Registered

CSP was a tipo sorry. But as i bought the CSW with the CSP i had booth. I still use the CSP

7. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Lol, I changed my post with another question after realising as much but here's one more...

Dud u stick with the CSP?

8. Oldie

Oldie Registered

Not sure what you mean. My wheels until now. MS Sidewinder, Momo, G25, G27, T500RS, CSW, T500RS.
    It doesn't took me long to accustomed to the fixed shifter.

Edit:

yes i use the t500RS now with the csp

9. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

If he doesn't know which rim he purchased I don't think he was using the clubsport wheel. :p

10. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Oldie, which wheel rim did you use on your CSW?

I'm trying to decide whether to jump ship with my csr elite to a t500rs or not. My csr-e recently crapped out on me but it was one made back in January 2012. I've seen (what is believed to actually have been) Thomas the CEO of fanatec saying that these problems were to do with a faulty batch of motors at the beginning of csr-e's production and that it's not the case any longer, but I'm not overly satisfied by that response because I've seen a fair few horror posts regarding replacements being in worse state that the one that developed a fault in the first place.

I'm also interested in the strength of the t500rs compared to the CSW in your experience with specific rim you used and how big the difference quantifiably was. Since a heavier rim can affect the rotation speed and possibly strength too.

11. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Well... T500RS doesnt come totally fault free, but the support in Thrustmasters end is so good that I dont even care if my wheel would crap out... again. My flaw is minor and I can still drive without a problem so who cares... other than me and my OCD self.
    I'm just so bloody lazy that I just cant get mine into a damn box and call them to pick it up for maintenance. I have had RMA for 2 weeks now, someone give me strength.

12. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

What was the problem?

13. Blue fellow

Blue fellow Registered

At first when I read family boss I thought you were talking about the mafia :p

I'm also leaning more and more towards getting a CSW (currently using a GT2). I'm interested in how it compares to the CSR-E. I still play Xbox 360 a lot with my friends, but it doesn't really take advantage of my wheel at all. So I'm wondering if I should just get the CSW and keep the GT2 for 360, instead of getting a CSR:E for both.

14. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Wiggle in the wheel towards the top marker on the rim. Common in T500RS and fixable with home remedies except in my case where they have glued the screws in the factory that I would need to tighten or as I would do it, just change them into longer ones, is impossible to accomplish.

http://insidesimracing.tv/forums/topic/2669-t500rs-loose-wheelsteering-shaft/

Some have the "issue" some dont, either case it doesnt effect the driving at all, and unless you are as anal as I seem to be, you can just leave it as it is.
    Tim has T500 and his wiggles, but he didnt know it till I made him wiggle his, and I'm sure that I got him addicted to wiggling, even if he isnt admitting it.

See...

15. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Lol

About the being anal thing, I don't view OCD as a negative thing unless it is actually affecting your mental health (e.g. You believe that you must end with an even number of footsteps when walking somewhere or else something terrible will happen to your family.)

16. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Yeah I agree. I dont have OCD, but on somethings I can behave little as such, as alot of people do about the things they find most important to them. I do have panic disorder tho, but thats a story for another time.

I can full heartedly recommend T500RS to everyone, especially the ones who have ~$600 laying around and a need for a great wheel, should seriously consider it.
    For me it was a choise between CSW base+CSW rim+CSP+CSR Shifter Set = 1000€ and T500RS+TH8 RS = 600€, and I figured I would get same quality set (determined by reading/watching reviews/user comments) with almost half the price, it was a deal I couldnt refuse, and I have had no regrets.

But this post is about CSW so... I do have to say that I like the GT rim for CSW better than I like the T500RS one.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2013
  17. Oldie

Oldie Registered

Ah sorry, my english is not the best and mostly i need googe etc to translate.

I had only the BMW rim. The plan was to buy the F1 rim later, but this never happens.

I am afraid only Thomas himself knows, if this is true. I for myself can't trust him any longer, after all this trouble with this Wheels and sluggish support despite all kinds of made promises.
    And a Set of Wheel & Pedals for 1000,- Euro should more possess than only a nice looking design.

If we are talking about FFB. IMO the T500RS is much stronger and gives more feedback what the car is doing.

18. 64r

64r Registered

I'm keen for some feedback from owners also as I am looking at getting a new T500 with the F1 wheel. A bit of hunting around and I found this which may interest a few people, looks like the Ubaldi (which I have no connection with) have a special offer this week so the T500 with the F1 Wheel is €399 delivered (£340 + delivery). The RRP is €600 so I think I will go for it unless anybody thinks the Fanatec wheels really are that much better to justify the extra expense.

http://www.ubaldi.com/jeux-video/ps...rrari-f1-wheel-integral-ps3-et-pc--150932.php

19. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Wow, that's a cool deal. How come it's "1 year warranty"? I thought it was mandatory minimum 2 year warranty for all electronics sold in the EU, no?

20. coops

coops Banned

i own the gt2 as well have not ordered a new CSW yet as my gt2 is orsm and never had a problem. i know longer play console so not sure if i should get rid of it or keep it as a spare.