Paint Guide

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Feb 9, 2013.

1. 4L0M

4L0M Registered

Ok, thanks Gearjammer.

I can get the skin to show up on the LMP1, but not the LMP2 car as of yet.

I'm off to the pub now anyway so i will investigate further tomorrow.

2. Deadpedal

Deadpedal Registered

Again, as per my earlier post, LMP2_35 does not need to be part of the skin's filename but it does need to be a folder name where the skin is deposited:
    C:\...\rFactor2\UserData\player\Settings\Pescarolo_LMP\LMP2_35\ is the path to your LMP2 skin
    C:\...\rFactor2\UserData\player\Settings\Pescarolo_LMP\LMP1_04\ is the path to your LMP1 skin
    In this case you can even use a single skin for both classes...just copy it, no need to even rename it.

Again, alt can be anywhere in the 10-character file name, not just at the end (although it is almost universally done that way).

3. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

I will have to do some digging around to make sure, but there have been skins for me that didn't work if the "alt" was not at the end of the name before the period. Will let you know tomorrow if I can narrow down the cars this was an issue on.

4. ViSo

ViSo Registered

Guys, read a bit more ...
    - There is no mather where you put the ''ALT'', (Im using it like ''ALTxxxxx.dds'' and works fine.)
    - The DDS file must be less than 10 characters, so, I understand t is 9, or less.

Knowing that, I didnt had any problems with skins, and having skins using DDS, or inside a MAS file.
    About the skins in the folder, I saw that if you put a single DDS file in a folder and search it ingame, it wont load, but if you put 2 skins (a second copy with a random name) then you can change between both skins, and now you can delete the second one, and the first one will be loaded as usually.
    I know is a bit annoying, but it happens to me and it works for me and for friends who have the same problem.

5. Deadpedal

Deadpedal Registered

6. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

There was someone a while ago that mentioned he had issues with a skin to where he had to put a duplicate in to see his livery. I guess he wasn't alone.

7. 261trb

261trb Registered

has any1 figured out how to make the the new high res logo's invisible on the MR01.

[​IMG]

8. ifrans

ifrans Registered

I asked Tim and he asked his staff but was waiting for their respons, I expect he has an answer soon. I posted it in "difference between marussia 1.0 and 1.42", when he has his answer I will post it here also.

9. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

that probably because we are not beign provided with all the maps, only one of the diffuse maps, the one meant for paintjob. there is some stuff you cant get rid of on pretty much every car (f.e. GTR has the text "nismo" on its hood also on specular map, which is not beign provided to change, so even tho you can remove the text from the "painjob" .. the reflections will always show it

10. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Funny that. In rF1 you just replace the spec map. rF2 you can, but here's the kicker! You now have a mod that needs to new mod ID so it's no longer online compatible.

The modeller of the car should never use a livery set up on either the Alpha or the Spec. These things show through on any other liveries just as you've mentioned. That's just poor management but also a common issue in mods.

Like I say, A easy fix but not if you want to use it online.

11. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Have you looked at the alpha layer of the template to see if it appears there? If it does, then you need to edit the alpha to be accurate with what you have done on the paint.

12. ReaperNZ

ReaperNZ Registered

Tim thx for the post its been a big help but where can i find the windows templates for all the cars ?

13. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Any chance of a helmet template?

14. ifrans

ifrans Registered

15. chogger

chogger Registered

I am having a strange problem, when i save as dds (with alpha channel selected) and use dxt5 interpolated alpha the alpha channel won't be saved by adobe photoshop? am i doing something wrong or what is the problem?

16. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

When you save in Dxt5 format with interpolated alpha, it saves the alpha as well as the RGB data. Why do you feel it isn't saving the alpha channel?

17. chogger

chogger Registered

When i reopen the file the alpha channel is gone...

18. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Is the alpha there in the first place? The save format your using wont delete the alpha channel. DXT1 will but you do get a warning message. Need to know what the template is your using.

19. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

what file are you reopening? Are you editing a DDS file? If you are editing a psd and save as a dds, the psd is unaltered, you are just saving a new file with a dds extension.

20. Hanjin

Hanjin Registered

Hi guys!
    can I get here's a color?
    [​IMG]
    if Yes,then show me how to do this?