Graphic Settings

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by shuffles, Feb 8, 2013.

1. shuffles

shuffles Registered

Hi Guys,
    Just installed the game last night and tried tinkering with a few settings but couldnt seem to get it looking as good
    as some videos I have seen people post, to be honest it looked more RF1 then RF2. I have it set to the max resolution that my monitor can use 1920x1080 and although I understand some basics with this stuff but my knowledge is limited.
    I know there are many threads about this but I thought to post a new one as everyone has different set ups and with less or
    capabilities and that will effect what they turn off/on. As there seem to be alot of techy guys on here thought I might get some great feedback. I believe me PC is capable of running the game at max on on everything while still having good FPS " correct me if im wrong". If possible please advise me what options to select in "configure sim" option on the client and also the adjustments I can make once I have loaded the game.. Please see my spec below. Thanks Guys

Proccessor - AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition Six-Core Processor - 3.30 GHz, 9MB cache
    RAM - 8gb Corsair 1600mhz
    Graphics - Radeon HD 6970 Graphics card - 2 GB - GDDR5 SDRAM

2. canastos

canastos Registered

well, your system's specs seem enough, but, what track and car are you loading?, know how many fps you are getting? (press Crtl + F ingame); 1920x1080 is max resolution for your monitor, but is that it's native resolution?
    Anyway, my first attemp would be running everything the same but with resolution 1600x900 and see if there is any difference

byyyyyyyyye

3. shuffles

shuffles Registered

Hi canastos.
    Many thanks the the reply, yes 1920 is the native. At the moment I have been using the Clio at Monaco. After tinkering with the settings I have it looking quite nice and flitting between around 40-50 FPS using different cars and tracks etc. Also one thing I notice is once in a race while using theClio the engine revs as they go up the sound goes all distorted and almost goes quite. The higher the rev the worse it is? Any idea?

Is my FPS ok? Or should I play around more to get it higher?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

4. canastos

canastos Registered

About Clio's sound, it's a known issue, already addressed, that will be solved in a future Clio mod update (no date by ISI)

About FPS, I would be more comfortable around 60, but having in mind that Monaco is one of the heviest tracks, you have a good beginning; I would try lowering some settings, like opponent details and so, making them high instead of max; have you already tried lowering resolution a bit?

byyyyyyyyye