Race incident! Who is to blame ?!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GTClub_wajdi, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Bill Paradise

Bill Paradise Registered

It's all Bush's fault.

2. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I think that the overtaking car did cut in too early and caused the incident. I can imagine that the another car was suprised by that move and had nowhere to go. Could have backed off more but as I see it he did not expect the overtaking car to take that line at that point.

3. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

Having looked at that video one car at a time.
    If I had to call it, I'd still put it down to a racing incident. No penalty for either driver.
    There didn't appear to be any malice.
    Both guys four-wheel drifted into the turn...the first guy more than the last. He was slightly more responsible for the accident since he was the trailing car at contact.
    Still I would not have called him a name. You guys were not out for a Sunday drive...you were racing each other. That said...
    Spa has lots of potential passing areas. From the video, it looked like you guys were on the approach to Campus from Turn 13. I'd have backed out when he got out of shape and 'done' him at Courbe Paul Frere or Blanchimont. That would have been safer for both of you.
    The line for the upcoming turn was also a factor in the collision. That scramble to get over for the upcoming turn didn't help.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2013
  4. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

True, but if the turn after that is right hand turn then the outside line would have been good choice too (not sure if it is right hand turn :D).

5. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

6. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Sooo, are you now going to tell us which one were you? The one in the front? :rolleyes:

7. Will91EST

Will91EST Registered

I agree with this statement. No matter how slippery it was for him, he should have known that you were at his back and be more careful after outbraking himself.

8. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I was the overtaking car and I was behind him for 2 laps and I couldn't overtake him because the guy was cutting the Eau Rouge every time!
    Ps: I was 24th in the start grid because I have joined the server in the last moment, but I was already 7th at the Eau Rouge, because you can immagine what happened at the first corner!:rolleyes:

9. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

Mmmm, Spa? Was his fault %100, BUT, you know he is so close and knowing he is coming to take the line again, to avoid this you must open a little, you must know he his gonna take the line again and gonna hit you.

10. Robert Gödicke

Robert Gödicke Registered

And I can only see 4 posts so far which do not contribute anything to his topic, two being #10 and #29. And I've rather got the impression that you want this guy to leave altogether. If you expected "whining" in this thread (I think almost everyone expected a video with an incident in it and the question who is to blame for the incident shown), why did you click on it in the first place? If you don't want to read it you can always ignore the thread altogether. But having to read over and over again that you don't like sth. others are interested in can get very annoying.

On topic:
    I'm with the majority on this one, being part of the admin stuff of a league I'd say it's cleary the fault of the driver who was at front first. On the other hand, I made the experience that it's completely useless to discuss an incident when it happened on a public server. Especially the oh so famous divebombs... You need a controlled environment with independant stewards if you bump into a driver who doesn't see his own fault. Simple.
    When I get wrecked on a public server, I just laugh and yell at my monitor for like 2 seconds and move on. It can still be fun catching other people when you're sitting in a wasted car and are still the fastest on track, hehe.

11. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

Who cares... How my points, IR or SR did you lose? :eek: Oh wait - - wrong game.

12. Twista

Twista Registered

It's a racing incident, no point arguing over it. You both could have avoided it if you'd given each other more space.

13. frankwer

frankwer Registered

You gotta just let things go, or else you will get insane in the membrane. People will learn from mistakes, don`t expect everyone to be familiar with the game, setups, tracks and so on from the get go.

14. worthy1066

worthy1066 Registered

totally agree with Guy , You could see that he seriously lost his braking point and went off line .As you clearly had 3/4 car infront he should of back off or give you enough time to get your rear past

15. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

One of those "it happens" situations. One bit of advice though and if everyone followed it we'd have MUCH better racing online. Much like driving in real life, I ALWAYS assume the other guy is a complete idiot and I always leave room or prepare for "what's the most stupid thing this guy can do". I definitely wouldn't have went as wide as you did when passing him. I would have only did that if it's with the guys I race with normally who I know already.

16. Whykonen

Whykonen Registered

Give a lot more space, this always happens. Recognize the kind of situation and anticipate for next time :)
    Not your fault, but can be expected for amateur online racers like most are.

17. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Equal split, for me, although I would lean towards the passing car being more wrong. Rejoining car should have stayed where he had slid when he made the mistake, as passer was alongside, and passer should have given more space to someone who was clearly struggling at that moment, and not closed the door like that. Both drivers got what they deserved and the incident could and should have ended with that. :)

18. Duvel

Duvel Registered

Same feeling here. If you see someone losing control of the car, leave a lot more room than that. In real life it would scare you to see that happen and you would leave a lot more room.

19. Golanv

Golanv Registered

It wasnt losing control of the car, it was drifting wide and trying to fix their mistake but steering into the overtaking vehicle. See the video again in slowmo or something, cause I have no clue how you two can come up with that ruling. In F1 that driver who hits the passing car would get stop and go for sure, as he steers into it.

20. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Then you probably shouldn't have posted here asking for opinions you didn't want. :)