IS RF2 meant to be this atrocious....or am I missing something?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 65GTO, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

Well I personally think you're all wrong on this one. From what I read one of his PRIME motivating factors for moving forward with rFactor was his friend and what they talked about doing. A little background of why he's here in the first place and why he has the system he has. But some type some of the most idiotic collection of words to form a forum post. I wonder how many would say the same thing they just typed if this were a face to face situation. Very few I would assume.

2. hammad800

hammad800 Registered

Just talked to 65GTO and he purchased a computer from his friend with the following specs.
    Processor: Core 2 duo e6750 @ 2.66ghz
    GPU: GTX 460
    RAM: 4gb ddr3
    Will this be sufficient to run rfactor 2? They seem fine to me except for the processor.

3. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

I've got one of those cpus lying around here collecting dust. I would have given it to him along with the mobo and ram attached to it. Shipping wouldn't have been too much if he's in north america.

Edit: I only looked at this thread because it's getting long. I usually ignore rage posts. :p

4. Pits

Pits Registered

I like Mars bars (it's also where woman come from or is that Venus) so ty Jim this is indeed a tempting offer, I know nothing about computers so I'll trust this is a fair deal, would they go into the ACDC holder it's where everything else I've upgraded goes.

I had a dual core pentium with two of those 460 cards, not good, I think you need a bit better cd holder than that

5. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

Well - isn't it a LITTLE bit obvious why I responded and noone else did?

Anyone?....Guess....?.....because it was directed to me......duh ;) But yes sorry - I didn't bother reading this post again for ages - so my response was belated.

How about you take your foot out of your mouth, and stop calling people fools in a rather hypocritical/ironic manner?

What is uncalled for, is the OP responding to me (directly) by referencing a friends suicide - something that has nothing to do with anything at all, and whose only purpose was a stunningly low blow by trying to push that guilt on a random forum member.

Try and keep on top of what is happening before actually throwing flame.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2013
  6. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

Now - assuming someone had come here without an attitude but the exact same problem - I would have suggested they read these two articles:

Can A New GPU Rejuvenate A 5 Year Old Gaming PC?
    http://hothardware.com/Reviews/Can-A-New-GPU-Rejuvenate-A-Five-Year-Old-Gaming-Rig-/

Can Legacy Dual-Core CPUs Drive Modern GPUs?
    http://hothardware.com/Reviews/GPU-Redux-Can-Old-DualCores-Drive-A-Modern-Graphics-Card/

...because underneath my firm, moustached, manly exterior, I am actually quite helpful, resourceful and loveable.

EDIT: Put your system details into your forum profile so we can see exactly where the weakest links lie - every PC has them (a weakest link).

7. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Thanks for that last post. Hopefully any negativity on all sides is gone now...

Sent from a mobile device using Tapatalk

8. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

LOL, Ahh the memories

9. Whykonen

Whykonen Registered

Yes that's definitely good enough. I have a 2.4ghz of that processor series, same videocard, same amount of memory but slower (ddr2)

Runs rfactor 2 fine on medium-high settings on one screen in 1680*1050

10. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

How about just keeping out of peoples disagreements? Is that an ok request? What a crap thread.

11. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Yes, with adjusting graphics settings, and they dont even have to be that low and you can get steady 60fps out of the game. I had that GPU not that long ago and worked fine.