C6vette no engine sound

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by zim2323, Feb 4, 2013.

1. zim2323

zim2323 Registered

I installed the C6 Vette a few days ago and was unable to get any engine sound from either my speakers or my Astro A50 headset. I get all other sounds except engine. I get all sounds including engine for all other cars. All sounds work fine from rF1 and other racing sims.

Not quite sure what to do. Corrupt download? I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling with no luck. Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks!

2. P3R

P3R Registered

I had the same problem, no engine sound in corvette and track brianza crashing on loading.
    Tried several times to download install/uninstall to no avail.
    I believe the only thing i did before this was to run a profilechanger.exe file to change my profile name.
    I dont know for sure if this was the root cause of my problem because i always make a backup with ghost before trying out new things.
    In case of problems i just roll back.

3. zim2323

zim2323 Registered

I don't have problems with any other cars/tracks in the game. The ONLY issue I have is no engine suond while in the Vette. All other sounds such as tire scrubbing, other player/AI engine sounds are there. I can hear the engine in replay.

4. Bee

Bee Former ISI Staff

I doubt the source of the download is corrupt given this is the only report of this issue, but try downloading it again, perhaps from a different link, and reinstalling it. I'm not sure if the Vette relies on any other content to be installed (i.e. it's currently using a car sound from another vehicle) but given it's a GT2 addon, I'd make sure you have all the GT stuff installed properly (v1.0 and all updates). The following statement appears at the top of the content downloads "You will need all these files, including both v1.0 and later update files, to avoid issues." but I'm not exactly sure what it refers to. In any event, it seems evident you're missing a file somewhere so I'd backtrack and make sure you have all files related to that series.

5. zim2323

zim2323 Registered

All simulation files passed verification when doing a Verify.
    All mods installed and work based on my testing.

Which vehicle sound is it using? I was under the impression this car had it's own sounds, given that such hype has been made around the sound of the car, etc.

View attachment 6089

View attachment 6090

View attachment 6091

6. Bee

Bee Former ISI Staff

Like I said, I don't know if it depends on other vehicle components. The sound file may be there but it doesn't mean it contains any useful data or some other file that controls the usage/volume of the sound is unaffected. Again, and in the process of elimination to resolve the issue, I'd try downloading and reinstalling it. Failing that, I'd try a clean install with just the GT series and the vette and see if your install hasn't somehow become corrupt over time. Or see P3R's post and determine if you used some tool or did some editing to the game that may have changed something.

7. _qq7_

_qq7_ Registered

I had that problem too,
    I have uninstalled all and installed the full version of the game.
    During re-installation of the mod I noticed that in the previous installation I had not
    2012 FIA Formula Two
    Renault Clio Cup
    maybe they are involved in the problem ...

8. zim2323

zim2323 Registered

Working now!

As suggested, renamed folder, reinstalled, copied player and plugins folder and ran rfconfig.

Vette sounds great!

Thanks Bee!