Build 146 tires are alive!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nazirull Safry Paijo, Feb 4, 2013.

1. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I do not quite understand... could someone just give yes or no answer based on this. Can tyres blow up?

2. TurboGigi

TurboGigi Registered

Yes,
    Today in Sebring i received a shock from another car and the tire was deflated!

3. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Must see myself to believe :D but sounds cool.

4. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

Not if it happens to YOU in a race... :eek:

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I'm not sure you understand what "physics blow-ups" means. In trying to wear the rears right down I got the reported temps up around 1000°C - at which point one of them blew apart. Not just deflated, but expanded to about 5 times (no exaggeration) the size of the car. I tried to repeat it twice and rF2 crashed both times.

*on the previous build...

6. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

ISI working / updating tire model is great news!

Can anyone who knows the facts explain what this "physics blow up" thing is ??

7. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

Lazza just did

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Here's a physics blow up... I didn't get it at full size, hence trying to do it again twice but had an instant crash each time the tyre exploded...

GRAB_000.JPG

9. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Lazza

Lol -I take it it's just some sort of strange software crash,

Does anyone know what's happend with the f1 masters? Are these much better now? (f1 ISI -I think this is the same thing)

10. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

11. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

With it described as a physics blow up, I would presume that at a certain point the physics becomes totally messed up, and they are not actually talking about the tire blowing up. If they were talking about the tire blowing up I think they would have said that the tire physically blows up or something like that.

12. tjc

tjc Registered

My god!!!

:eek:

:eek:

13. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

That's a graphics blowup, not a physics blowup. Totally different.

14. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

wrong

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Well that 'graphics blowup' just happened to throw the car into the sky. Hence the background on that pic.

When it started to let go (I watched the replay in slow motion) it looked like the sidewalls let go, the tread oscillated side to side a bit, and then BOOM - it expanded massively and the car was launched.

Obviously with the ttool you design the tyre and run it through a series of 'tests', and you define the test parameters (pressure, temperature, etc), and the bin sections of the tyre are built from the results. So in game it still really just has a number of points to work from, and it interpolates (or extrapolates) based on where the tyre is currently at. Obviously at very high temperatures this extrapolation was causing some pretty serious issues, so now it'll stay at the last tested values for the geometry side of things. I'd expect ultra high temperatures will still result in 'grip damage' and lower grip due to heat response.

16. vyrush

vyrush Registered

Anyone here tried the C6R at Essington yet,
    The tirewear is pretty intense i must say.. The grip on good set of tires only last 2-3 laps.. after that its all about nursing the tires..
    tried a few long runs.. but unfortunately, at the end or near 10laps.. LF are completely worn out..

17. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Maybe the degradation is happening at an accelerated rate for testing purposes :)

18. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

Yeah, after 20 laps on Lime Rock my LF is dogged out. I did roughly 30 minutes on Lime Rock Park and my LF was down to about 14%. I initiated pit-in and coming out the second to last turn I went into severe under-steer and smacked right in a wall and watched as spectators roasted marshmallows over my roasting engine. So close to the pits yet SOOOOO far away.

19. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

This will add to strategy aspects, lovely!

20. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Enlighten me then Jim Beam, how is it that physics has anything to do with tire size of a model? Are you saying that they are using air pressure expansion due to heat in the tire to round it out and that has gone haywire? Does the physics have anything to do with how the tire shape is drawn in game or is it just used to determine when certain things happen?