rFactor2 Build 146 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Feb 4, 2013.

1. SVO

SVO Registered

It is unfortunate for you. Just as a reference, my G25 was completely untouched and actually feels very good. I did do a full install and then put my saved packages (9 gigs) and my saved userdata file back into the fresh install. Anyway, hope you get it figured out. Nothing worse than trying to fight steering settings. Really ruins the immersion.

2. tjc

tjc Registered

Mmm... the only time I ever had a similar problem was when I`d inadvertently killed the profiler but you say it`s never been touched and working ok...

:confused:

Sorry, not much help to you...

3. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Steering help is controled with the F1 key by defalt , it has 4 settings off, low, med, and hi .. same thing happend to me in a race once .. I went crazy ,well crazyer ..trying to figuer out wtf was up .. simple key press ended my frustration , I hope thats your issue ! easy fix ..;-)

4. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

Anyone find loading times have slowed with this build?

5. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

you need to manual adjust wheel range in profiler and in game.is not working any more here to.i try it last night an wheel range was always on 900 degrees in my case because in my profiler was set to 900.i try everything in game when my wheel was set to 900 in profiler but nothing changed so i manual adjusted range to 540 for 3,5 renault...

6. CalgarySimRacer

CalgarySimRacer Registered

Yes Vali was absolutely correct.

It was a simple change that the update did on my settings in the difficulty settings under steering assistance. When I booted up rF2, it was at easy settings for steering assistance. Turned it off completely and got my full accurate wheel motion back.

Thanks everyone for your help. Had me worried. When you touch nothing and discover a unwanted change, it really frustrates me. All in all, it's minor now. Thanks again.

7. FatCity

FatCity Registered

Not sure if this has been asked but with the new tyre wear, is this adjustable by a Modder or is it just a set tyre wear parameter in the game.

8. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

the wear is adjustable but i "think" flatspotting is hardcoded

9. slingshot

slingshot Registered

Update seemed to work perfectly!! Thanks for the update ISI the car really feels nice. I mostly drive the open wheel cars f2 isi and such. FFB seems to give you a better feel of the road than previous version. Bumps and curbs feel perfect.

But now to the problem. Has anybody figured out new settings for the G27. I get the nasty clunky rattle on road now. ( what previously happened in the stones and off road. It is not all of the time, but if car gets a little loose FFB kicks in and there is the rattle. If a new thread has been started on this please point me in that direction.

I am ready to sell off the g25 & g27 if I have to live with this. The problem is I have 2ea g27 and 1 G25 and I just finished modding 1 of the g27 put a thrustmaster ferrari add on wheel on it. That means all that work for nothing. (IT WAS A BI*CH)

10. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Is it possible you are feeling flat spots on the tires? Have you locked the brakes at some point causing flat spots?

11. slingshot

slingshot Registered

Yes that could be it, but not before the first turn I do not think. Is a flat spot tire going to be simulated so much that you feel like you are driving in the gravel you think? I really like the feel of the car I just wonder with all of the rattling of the gears is it going to wear out or break the wheel. If I had it to do over again I guess I should have bought a t500 or fanetac.

Thanks for your response!

12. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

From when they had the flat spot working before, it felt like an almost constant rattle and it would change depending on speed. As for the rattling causing wear on the wheel, somewhere in the past on these forums there was a discussion about it and it was mentioned that there would be no significant wear on the gears or wheel because of this, it would just be annoying to listen to. You could try and adjust the slider a little to filter the effect a little more and see what that does for you. The default value I think is 4 and changing it to 8 or even as high as 16 would have positive results for the noise level, though you would lose a little bit of sensitivity because of the filter.

13. slingshot

slingshot Registered

Thanks Gearjammer.

Yea I read I think everything on the web about that. Before this update I Tried a lot of the settings in the .ini folks were talking about. After the update at this point I have the car specific setting set to .85 the FFB smoothing set to 15. If it really is not going to kill the wheels I will not worry about it. I wear head phones for audio, so the only one who hears it much is the wife and she is not bothered by it. I think though it hard to believe that so much noise out of plastic/ composite gears that they will not loose teeth or get worn prematurely. And the car feels great and the sim overall I think is the best!!!!!! I just started driving racing sim again because I saw F1 2012 and bought it. Then I started reading online about Rfactor. After I drove Rfactor I think I have launched F1 2012 twice!! It is very cool but compared to Rfactor the feel of the car sucks (im MY opinion) sorry Codemasters

14. Twista

Twista Registered

After doing a full re-install, and porting over my packages and userdata, I'm not seeing the tire visual effects like wear or the flatspots. But I do feel them through the wheel. Anyone else had similar issues?

15. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

im getting an old issue recur with this build.

no matter what i do to the texture settings, the cars are always low. in game settings, plr settings, catalyst settings all set to high/full and still low cars.

i read somewhere its to do with the pace car textures, but how do i sort that out?

i had it with previous build (and rf1) and changing the plr compressed textures to 0 seemed to work, but not this time.

its doing my head in

16. motojase171

motojase171 Registered

howcome you can't download limerock anymore? :S has anyone got a link or something please?

17. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

Download page is dead?

18. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

It's on the downloads page (which isn't working right now) in the exact same file as it was before, the Racing School mod.

19. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Yeah, we have reported it to the host.

20. GT_ONE

GT_ONE Registered

Open rFator2 launcher ,clic update and automatic update.