Sebring Server - Race

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by C3PO, Feb 3, 2013.

1. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Session up!

2. Miro

Miro Registered

I'll join too but I am seriously slow in this car :(
    Was never GT guy

3. Miro

Miro Registered

Well, can't join, SERVER CONNECTION FAILED.
    Mod installed and I can join other servers. This sucks now really. I'll just give up on the online racing.

4. Butch Nackley

Butch Nackley Registered

Just keep trying, normally you will get in. I am not sure, but think it may be when two people are joining at the same time. I too have gotten the message before only to try again and get in.

5. C3PO

C3PO Registered

9 clients in now -- looking good :)

6. C3PO

C3PO Registered

All good so far -- one of the client's was showing his car up as a grey box on track ... why would that be?

Otherwise 13 connected on a 700kbps up, 5Mbps down connection. No obvious problems.

7. Francesco H.

Francesco H. Registered

Was great session with training and qualification - when changing from Qualy the race I had unfortunately CTD. Maybe next time, and a lot of fun ;)

8. Miro

Miro Registered

Yes that was great, I had also to leave after the training session.
    Had to spend time with the kid. :)

Have to spend more time in the GT cars, that was really fun.
    Day-night-day was also impressive. rF2 surprised me again with the atmosphere.

9. Duvel

Duvel Registered

shame about the restart which made the track totally green just before the start, really threw me off the race, and a lot of guys left :(

10. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Yes, I'm sorry about that that was totally my fault :( I should have restarted race from in game but was not aware of that option and went to server to do it and then -- bang! Green again. My cock up unfortunately. :(

11. Butch Nackley

Butch Nackley Registered

Thanks for hosting. Lots of fun. Sure glad you changed it to 50 laps,,,, we'd only be half way there right now, lol.

12. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Well, apart from cocking up the race restart on the server (caused by a few crashes of cars into other cars and missed joining times from people) that was a fun race.

I was very impressed with the way the track rubbered in dynamically (not following a pre-prepared rubbering-in path) and the daytime transitions (at x5) worked a treat. Gorgeous going from afternoon-->evening-->night at Sebring. Maybe x5 is a bit too fast but it makes it great to race in.

I binned my car a couple of times and suffered a 290s repair and a stop-go penalty which ruined the race per-se but nontheless had a hugely enjoyable time. Had to change my pit strategy because of the unscheduled stops and this made things more interesting. Was very grateful for the in-game pointers about fuel and the number of laps done etc...

I think one or two people had issues with connections but I was stressing my bandwidth with 700kbps upload. Also restarting the server was not the best option after my cock-up. Thank you to all those who took part from the afternoon, my apologies for not getting it right with the server restart but I have learned a huge amount.

Bring on driver swaps and higher resolution mirrors and this sim will be a total beast. Thanks again.

View attachment 5992

13. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Well done to you and Mike_P!

14. Butch Nackley

Butch Nackley Registered

You did fine mate. I have been in long standing leagues with problems from time to time restarting the servers, or events. No big deal. Didn't take you long to get it going either, so all's good.

15. D!2T

D!2T Registered

Just a heads up for future races. If you use the command /callvote restartwarmup it will keep the track rubbered up, good to use if all race restarts have been used up.

16. sg333

sg333 Registered

The setup on this car is killing me. During practice/qual several guys were running 2.00.xx and 2.01.xx which is bloody insane, and on my absolute best setup im doing 2.03.8x.

Can someone point me in the right direction setup wise? Where are you finding the most speed? I lowered air pressure to 132 lbs all around, 29 rear wing, 1 front air damn. Car feels stable, turns and rides the curbs well but im not getting speed out of it :confused:

17. C3PO

C3PO Registered

They're just faster. I accepted this a while ago in sim racing. Just the way it is.

18. sg333

sg333 Registered

Not 3-4 seconds. Setup is a big part of it and ive very little experience at making them. There are always people faster than you, yes, but they can setup AND drive ;) I know my setup sucks and im loosing at least a second on that.

19. C3PO

C3PO Registered

I'll send you the set up of one guy in the 2.01s..let me know how u get on. Cant do it right now tho. Just be aware that 3-4 second differences are rarely set up issues.

20. sg333

sg333 Registered

Thanks :) I moreso want to compare a good setup to mine and see where im going wrong, so i know in the future. I've got 0.5 seconds off just with a couple of lbs of air pressure.