Real road that tries to be realistic

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Aleksi Elomaa, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Aleksi Elomaa

Aleksi Elomaa Registered

As we all know, rFactor 2's real road works at accelerated rate. It was ok when the first public version of the game was released (as long as it didn't rain), because you couldn't load rubbers from previous sessions. But with current builds, you can load rubber from previous sessions and with Autosave selected in server settings you can see how the track evolves over a few days of practice people are doing on server. Atleast that's the way it could be, but the pace rubber is coming down the road is way way too fast to have proper dynamic track, because it doesn't take too long to get the track 100% rubbered in, so you can't really see the track gaining more grip over a week you could see with somewhat realistic settings.

And with rain it's even worse. If you have two cars on track, the car behind gets massive grip advantage because the track dries out very fast. And with more than a few cars the car behind the line gets completely bone dry track even with maximum rain you can get.

Thus, I hope ISI gives us some kind of realroad acceleration setting, or just tunes rubber buildup and wet track drying to somewhat realistic settings.

2. Bloody

Bloody Registered

3. Twista

Twista Registered

Even better would be the ability to control the rate of the rubber being laid down on track from the session detail screen, similar to the way we can set weather.

4. Arcanum

Arcanum Registered

This is exactly what we need.

5. Joonas Sorri

Joonas Sorri Registered

I agree. Repairing the real track is crucial for league based racing.

6. Golanv

Golanv Registered

7. Neuro

Neuro Registered

I just couldn't agree more than the others. For league racing it is a must. We really can't do nothing serious with rubbering up the track so fast from null to full black. If there is no 'beta' tag anymore, we deserve this to operate like real or at least a switch to have options, just like time acceleration has.

So +1

8. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

9. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

They said somewhere it was accelerated for testing purposes. It's still a beta, so it makes sense.
    But once it's set up properly, an acceleration setting at least for developer mod would be useful.

10. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

People don't read, this information is in the known issues readme as well. :p

11. Thiago Lima

Thiago Lima Registered

12. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Looks like you didn't read first post either :)
    I agree with posts above. This is actualy something I proposed a while back.
    ISI is still working on real road (to get it properly connected to what's happening with tyres) and this accelerated rate is somewhat useful for testing / modding.

But it's been over a year and who knows how long we will have to wait for proper real road. So in the meantime it would be nice to have a setting for real road development rate - at least in Multiplayer.ini for online races. That would already change a lot and wouldn't even require this option implemented in menu.

From ISI's point of view, this may be completely unnecessary, but then again - it would be very nice of them if they gave us such temporary solution.

13. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Then I don't understand his english because he basically asks for realroad to not happen at an accelerated rate. That's how I understand it anyway.

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

He wants the accelerated effects (which we all know is accelerated, as confirmed by the readme) to no longer be accelerated, or be configurable. Not too hard to understand is it?

So what you've done is misinterpreted and assumed he didn't know it was known to be accelerated, when what he's asking for is a change.

15. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Known issues describe real road as working at "artificial, accelerated rate".

"Artificial" because it was not related to actual work done by tires and "accelerated", because it evolved fast.
    We're not asking ISI to provide full implementation of real road right now - it may remain "artificial", but at least we want some means to control how much "accelerated" it is. This way we will be able to enjoy dynamic weather much more and it doesn't seem like too much trouble to implement.

16. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

FWIW, do we know how accelerated it is now? Is it 10 times faster than normal? or what?

I would also add that ability to select a multiplier from "realistic" would be a great feature to have once the implementation is working correctly. We can choose time-scaled tire wear, mechanical failures, etc., so it would make sense to have a selection for this, too.