REPLACED Chevy Corvette C6.R GT2 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Replay and I'll take a look? Not that I am a pro, just offering some help, hell you may even be faster than me lol

2. JETninja

JETninja Registered

That's one of the silliest things I've read. So there are no great handling American cars? I can count maybe 10 worldwide that are on par with a current Z06. Hell, I own both a track setup '95 M3 and a semi track setup '04 Z06 and both handle unreal good. The Bimmer is more tossable, the Vette much more "on the rails" feeling. And they handle that good even with a cross talk leaf springs, put coil-overs on and they improve quite a bit more. The Vette even weighs less, but you have to respect the power...the M3 is not even close in that department though its still quite quick...

I would expect a C6R or the current GT2 ZR1-R to handle quite well, though you are dealing with great power and much lighter weight than a street car, with a lot more tire. To drive them fast you have to be butter smooth.....and live with the twitching and jumping around that current GT cars do....

3. racechicken

racechicken Registered

After driving some laps with that baby i must say...FUUUN! ;)
    But while looking replays there was the feeling that somewhat with the car isn´t right. So i search for pictures and i think the dimensions of the rims or the whole wheels aren´t correct. They have a bit the "Need for Speed after installing SP3 tuning package" look. If it´s possible to fix that in one of the upcoming patches? Or is that a copyright thing because Michelin?

[​IMG]

View attachment 8624

4. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

If it is because of Michelin, how can the car itself have Michelin logos on it?

5. racechicken

racechicken Registered

Your point. :D

6. TTupsi

TTupsi Registered

Are you sure you're comparin the same cars because iirc the ISI Corvette is from 2009 or so...

7. racechicken

racechicken Registered

the shape of the car is a bit different but the tires / wheels hasn´t change over the years.
    Here is a Picture of the 09 Vette as used in rf2.
    View attachment 8630
    View attachment 8629
    And hey...i wouldn´t make trouble here because i´m a member who is mostely quiet but if i found (for me) important issues... i post it. ;)
    While looking at this picture..there is another mistake at the mesh at the rear of the car. But anyway I don´t know which spec or blueprint of the vette is using for making that car and the final words should be made by ISI Staff. Thanx in advance.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2013
  8. TTupsi

TTupsi Registered

Now that I do a little research, the rims do actually look a bit odd compared to any picture of Corvette Google can show me :D

There was also some discussion about errors in the Vette model (this thread maybe?) but Tim/ISI confirmed that the model is right. If I remember correctly that is... ;)

9. tjc

tjc Registered

I`ve noticed this bug in the C6R template. :(

[​IMG]

Same kind of bug that the MR01 had when first released. Iirc I don`t think this bug was around on the C6R before it was updated but I may be wrong about that.

10. GTrFreak

GTrFreak Registered

yea, have it too.. Only it's a black area on my side.

EDIT:

You say it's template related, but I don't think it's in the texture of the car. It's the same bug that was present on the Skip Barber and the Marussia. (and still is if I remember right..)

Those black 'faces' caused huge black boxes in some previous builds which later was partially fixed (now those boxes are gone but the faces themselves are still present)

11. tjc

tjc Registered

I think it`s template related as I don`t think I`ve seen it before the update for the C6.R was released (with an updated template) but I may be wrong about that.

Also, it could maybe be reflections related as when the reflections are turned down/off it doesn`t seem to show up...

Btw, it also appears as a black area for me sometimes too... it depends on the angle I think.