REPLACED Chevy Corvette C6.R GT2 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Feb 1, 2013.

1. kr1nz

kr1nz Registered

I didn't like this this car on a first run...but after driving it for some hours, I'm in love!

2. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

But set the ffb to 1.8 kills the ffb! it makes the ffb too "full", too filled! today I made a lot of tests and finally I found a proper setup that fit with my driving style, but I have to agree with Hedlund that the rear is too slippery in the low speed!
    I hope the ISI doesn't return to the old simulation concept " hard is simulative" or "slippery is simulative" !
    I say it again, endurace cars shouldn't be a difficult to drive specially the modern endurance car !

3. sg333

sg333 Registered

I find the rear and the brakes just impossible to predict on this car. I have tried every brake bias/pressure/balance there is and the car just wont stop in a straight line. It stops like a 60's Corvette, which is saying something.

I lose the rear end coming out of a corner, 1/4 throttle going in a straight line.

4. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Registered

Maybe your right I don't know lol. But, I found at default setting my wheel had no resistance, and I was barely feeling any feedback. At 1.8 it feels like I have a steering wheel in my hands, and I can tell when front end locks or rear goes loose.

1.8 works well for me, but perhaps a lower setting, like 1.4 would be better for you.

5. ucfquattroguy

ucfquattroguy Registered

Soften springs a few clicks front and rear. Take a couple of clicks of rebound out of the rear dampers. That should get you started. Oh...and actually treat the tires with respect and you'll be amazed what the car will do... ;-). Like someone said earlier, "this isn't FORZA".

6. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I don't understand why you bring fms or GT5 in this 3d but I can tell you that GT5 has many cars that are so difficult to drive and the same thing in Shif, but that doesn't make them more simulative than rF2!

7. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Hey m8 try lowering your cockpit fov so u can just see the shift light at bottom of screen, this really helped me get a feel for the car i know whats doing now from visual a sense from how the front squirms about going light then digging bck in in turns &crests ect . give it a try it may help.

8. baked bean

baked bean Registered

9. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Hi baked bean! thanks for your advice but I have already set my FOV to 20(I have a triple screen and I always use a low FOV)! however now and after 4 days of testing I can finally drive this car! I made 1'22.1 at Med-Ohio that gave me the pole postion(online race)! I know that it isn't a great lap time, but I'm getting better and at least now i can feel the car!

10. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Good stuff dude glad your getting the hang of the vette shes very rewarding if you treat that thing right :D GTR is felling good now days too.

11. Digi Lauda

Digi Lauda Registered

In my opinion it is very important to get the FFB right. Otherwise i can not feel what the car is doing and what the car wants me to do.
    This Video wants to show something different, but you can see me drifting a little bit with the Barber. That´s impossible for me when i get the wrong feedback from the FFB. No Aids of course, except autoclutch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhwK6T4HTH0

If you want i can make a video with the Vette on Mills Loop C or something. Not easy to be fast, but predictable and fun to drive.

digi

12. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

An online lap at Med-ohio:

13. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Can someone show me a picture of the real vette where the rear-end looks like the model we have!?

I could be wrong but is the rear of the ISI car different than the real thing?

Should it be this one?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2013
  14. Fabio Pittol

Fabio Pittol Registered

I show you a whole gallery: :D
    http://www.motorsport.com/alms/photos/main-gallery/?sz=6&d=331&y=2009&s=2&p=2

And yes, it's exactly the one you posted. It's the ALMS GT2 2009 spec represented by ISI's version.

The rear-end looks really odd, but that's how it were back then. Good is that it changed for better on the following years, but sadly the one we got is the black sheep. :p

15. Hectari

Hectari Registered

Here's a pic from that gallery. I had actually just found out what the 3 dots are for on the door panels, to show if the car is in the top 3 at night, pretty cool.

[​IMG]

16. tjc

tjc Registered

Nice one Hectari... I always wondered what those three lights were for too.

:)

17. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Cool pic Hectari.

http://www.alms.com/alms101/leader-lights

So theres 12+ GT challange cars that have the lights on at any given time.

18. Flaux

Flaux Registered

...hmmm...

the diffuser should go up and not straight... that makes it looks so different...

19. Fabio Pittol

Fabio Pittol Registered

That's pretty cool indeed.

BTW, does anyone know if the glow-in-the-dark number stickers already work on rF2's version?

If doesn't, ISI any plans?

20. Hectari

Hectari Registered

Whoa! Shocking finish! Just read that Bergmeister(Porsche) didn't get a penalty for driving Magnussen into the wall and kept 1st place.

Yeah looks like the model we have, that video is from the last race of the 2009 season so should be but will need someone in the know to confirm.