REPLACED Chevy Corvette C6.R GT2 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Feb 1, 2013.

1. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Dont forget lads to re-do your set ups after the update :D

2. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

I hate to say this, but if you have already lost control of the car, hitting the brakes will do nothing to help you recover. Ideally you should turn into the slide and depress your clutch pedal if needed to allow the drive tires the chance to regain some grip. All hitting the brakes does is force the weight of the car further into the direction you are already going, causing 2 out of 4 tires to have no chance of gaining traction.

3. GaryL

GaryL Registered

Has this been updated since the initial release the end of last week?, i held off getting it then as Tim stated an update was coming very soon for it, so i saw mention of the word "update" a few posts back and i would like to know if the link in the first post is now the updated version or do i need to get that anyway and then apply a seperate update file?.

Thank you

4. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

That is what I tought. I have no clutch pedal and I think 270 degrees steering rotation is also limiting my efforts to catch slides (not impossible but I have seen videos where some do make catching slides look much easier, probably 900 degrees steering ratio).

I have palyed around with various settings, so not much gain from that anymore, I believe.

5. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

There is no update for Corvette. I think Tim meant that this newest build (146) will also change the feeling of Corvette.

6. GaryL

GaryL Registered

*sigh* i am so easily confused, thank you TIG i am off to get the Vette now i suppose :).

7. BrokkelPiloot

BrokkelPiloot Registered

Same for me. The Formula Two cars struggle to get past 60 with min. tire pressure and aggressive driving. This was on modern Spa.

8. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

all the tyres before the corvette will need to be updated to current spec for wear/temps etc...thats why you are having issues with your temps

9. TurboGigi

TurboGigi Registered

You're right.
    After the update, I continued to use the old setup (rear very soft) and I just verified that NO longer good!!

10. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I spent some time with the Vette last night for the first time. I'm surprised how much movement I get with it. It's a little squirmy on the road. I thought it'd be fastest driven on rails- point and squirt monster, but this car is fun to drive!

11. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Im glad that you like this car, but sadly for me its a undrivable! I hate to say it, but this car makes me hate rF2! I will wait for the next car but if it sucks like this I will go elsewhere !
    You will say that am a bad driver? maybe but I want to have fun when driving, but sadly I dont have fun with this car!

12. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

How is this undrivable? It drives realistically. If you don't want realistic, then wait for something that drives itself for you. I'm sure someone will release it soon.

13. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

14. kr1nz

kr1nz Registered

This car might be fun, but it seems that I still don't master it..gonna look at some setups or make my own to see if it suits more my driving style.

15. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

I'm just wondering how it is undrivable. You didn't give any details.

The car is very drivable. It's a high horsepower rear-wheel drive, heavy car. It's going to be a little wild if you are just mashing the throttle.

This is probably the best car ISI has released to-date (tin-top speaking).

16. kr1nz

kr1nz Registered

Even while not smashing the throttle with needs some wheel adjusts while cornering :) This thing literally makes my desk go crazy with so many forces going from the wheel, and to the wheel :p

17. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Don't mess with setups if you can't drive it with the stock setup. Adjust the steering angle to what you are used to, set the brakes to what you are used to and that's it. If you have trouble with the car and then try to adjust the setup you will end up hopelessly lost. the stock setup is pretty good.

But yes, it is a high HP, heavy RWD car so easy with that throttle and remember that the brakes are screaming for mercy in every corner so don't abuse them because the front tires will punish you for messing with their BFF.

18. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

Don't agree. Have a hard time keeping it pointing in the right direction with default setup, when I change setup to bit more rear wing, and less camber (front and rear) it is way better for me!!! Most other parts of the setup I don't use though, and I guess that especially with the springs it is easy to break the balance (well, if you don't know exactly what you are doing ;) )

19. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Instead of using the rear wing to add downforce, try and soften the rear springs a little. This should help keep the back end under you a little more. You can also lower the front rebound and raise the rear bump a little to set the weight onto the rear faster.

20. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Listen to gearjammer!!!! It's not the HP that makes this car fun it's the crap tonne of torque the engine has!!! :p