REPLACED Chevy Corvette C6.R GT2 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Feb 1, 2013.

1. gpfan

gpfan Registered

You can see here this vid, with the 2008 version i think is edentical to RF2

You see the drver applying the clutch each time he downshift......

Completly diferent of the modern version......

2. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

On the next!:confused:

3. I_Bellett

I_Bellett Registered

@Tim Wheatley
    Will this be a bug though the name of Mod disappears from the Mod launcher when C6.R Mod is installed?
    Moreover, does not installing it again when individually deleting it from "Show Mods Only" manage to become it either?

4. Luke Dykstra

Luke Dykstra Registered

Im having trouble with install as well, will not show in mod manager. Have read through this whole thread and nothing working. Only thing I have noticed is every other file in my packages foler is an .rfmod file where as this is .rfcmp?

5. KittX

KittX Registered

I know that this is just a monitor record. And thats shame, because the day lighting and colors there are just perfect. I wish the actual game's daylight looked that good.

6. Andii

Andii Registered

Hm... I think the lightning in cockpit is actually pretty good..

[​IMG][​IMG]

7. jerrymcc

jerrymcc Registered

I am too. But, the .rfcmp's should be in the "show other mods" section. So clicking that should show it. However, ATM, it doesn't for me either.

UPDATE: Redownloaded it, and it does show up in the rfmods section, lol. Installed fine now.

Agree with the rest; Great looking, great sounds, a little tail happy. A great addition to rF2.

Now just fix those little niddling things: finish physcis and tires, get the wiper blades mapped to the correct axis, get weather finished, pit crew's back, driver swap implemented, mod making and install simplified, etc. and I think you might have something, lol.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2013
  8. iceRasta

iceRasta Registered

I love this car ! Awesome physics! After some edits in the setups the car feels really good :)

9. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

LMFAO! Umm... OK... Maybe they will put cruise control on you someday.

10. squeech

squeech Registered

I can't install it.... well maybe i could. But i can't see C6R when im opening "Manage mods". Neither when "show mods only" is checked, nor when its uncheckt. I did a fresh installation of the game yesterday. Maybe any advise?

!!!EDIT: Redownloading did it for me, too.

Greetz Flo

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2013
  11. Sam Moss

Sam Moss Registered

Great work but why do you insist on the bonnet cam being at the side instead of the middle? At least let us edit the cam files instead of going backwards in what we can mod :confused:

12. gotBurner

gotBurner Registered

Great!!

13. TiTaN

TiTaN Registered

yeah my auto blip was on. but I fix it with the auto lift=1 and auto blip=1

now when changing gears, with sequencial shifting, no longer revs to max rpm every time I change gear.

14. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Sorry?!

15. Pandamasque

Pandamasque Registered

The 2008 GT2 version is a COMPLETELY different car independently prepared by a different manufacturer (LG Motorsports). So much so, that GM had sued them out of homologation, when the factory team was moving from GT1 to GT2. The rFactor2 car seems to be the 2010 version of the official GM-backed GTE Corvette by Pratt and Miller. It didn't have paddle-actuated shifting and that F1-style wheel early on.

EDIT: according to rFactor website page, it's 2009 (the car debuted in the middle of the 2009 season), so it's actually based on a GT1 chassis and has a bigger 6.0l engine compared to the later 5.5 V8.

16. Tony

Tony Registered

mm.. I'm looking with interest at the cockpit view in the vids & it looks like the dev team have made some nice tonal improvements -with a darker contrast inside, especially where it's in shadow ..great!

17. argo0

argo0 Registered

Hi, great car, looking forward to the update. Keep up the good work.
    Only bug I've seen is the alt skin on the yellow 'vette has very strange stripes all over it.

I should add it looks fine in the showroom. The stripes are when the track has loaded.

18. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

40 laps of Mid-Ohio later and I'm very impressed! It does feel a little slippery but somehow it seems very manageable (I only had a big slide twice, caught both of them). Atm I'm really keeping in mind Tim's post that it's going to be adjusted slightly soon but I'm enjoying at as-is right now.
    Just one obvious problem so far, the HDR "white-out" of the track seems very... acute in this car! I hope that can be sorted out soon.
    Thanks ISI, another great job. Well worth waiting for. :D

19. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Is it just me or are the tyre sounds much more expressed than on other vehicles?

Great car all in all, but some setup tweaks are "a must". Besides some regular stuff, I've put the rear wing all the way to 35 deg. and rear camber to -2.5 to tame down the rear end, it was kicking like a mule :D

20. gotBurner

gotBurner Registered

What do we need to do in order to host a server with the new vette? The HOST option from the launcher does not display a game database of ALL CARS. Thanks in advance.