Load new cars with least possible priority

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Diablo, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Diablo

Diablo Registered

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...t-expectations?p=134911&viewfull=1#post134911

This one made me think. This concept has been with us for a very long time now. As I see it, this is done, because loading the newly joined car happens at the same priority level as the rest of the simulation.
    IsnĀ“t it possible to do the loading asynchronously in a thread of its own, which runs at the least possible priority, so it does not disturbe your driving? While this has not finished yet, leave the temp car as it is, but it should finish loading eventually and you can put the real car in place of the temp car.
    On my system there are still plenty CPU resources vacant, while I am driving, judging from the CPU graph. Or does this have to do with the graphics hardware? That bar is always at full load in my case.

Kind regards,
    Marcus

2. Koellefornia

Koellefornia Registered

No reply yet?

3. redapg

redapg Registered

Maybe i'm on the wrong way, but...

In the Multiplayer.JSON you have 2 Entries that should help in this case.
    The first is:
    "Delay Vehicle Graphics":true,
    "Delay Vehicle Graphics#":"if true, delay loading vehicle graphics when clients join in order to reduce the pause",
    But because that is set to "true" by default, it should be OK.

The other is:
    "Download Custom Skins":true,
    "Download Custom Skins#":"whether to automatically download skins from when clients join server with custom skins",

Maybe here is the problem.
    I don't know if it helps, but you could try it with setting the Value to "false" in your Multiplayer.JSON.
    But i don't know which consequences it may have if custom skins don't get downloaded.

And to be honest, i'm not a friend of this "custom-skins download allowed on a Server" feature.