Lack of Dunsfold Aerodrome (Top Gear Track) Servers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by D!2T, Jan 31, 2013.

1. D!2T

D!2T Registered

This location has been long awaited, anticipated and released recently.. At the moment there are 4 servers running it and only 2 that are accessible (but not quite) The 'mod download failed' problem is constant.

So I ask please, if someone can create a server .vmod that successfully installs with the 'get mod' function so we can create a session. Preferably with 60's cars or Lola's if possible.

Thank you kindly

2. Jos

Jos Registered

Rf2 mp in a nutshell.

3. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

I'd say because it's a test track and not a racing circuit. :rolleyes:

Plus open server racing is boring. :p

4. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Becuase Top Gear is a test circuite! it is impossibile to make clean races in this track!

5. D!2T

D!2T Registered

I don't care if do time trials there (with other pple preferably), I just want to be able to access it for a go..

Thought it was a figure 8 layout which means laps would be possible, no?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2013
  6. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Means a lot of spectacular incidentes in that crossroad! like I have said before, we need this in that corner!

[​IMG]

7. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Maybe I can make vmod sometime (I know how to make 1kb size vmods). At least on my server the get mod has functioned ok. You just have to have the car and track ( 1kb vmod is only for making track+car compination, no component downloads there).

I agree that racing in that track is quite impossible (it's called test track anyway).

8. canastos

canastos Registered

I had been thinking about making a vmod and run a server on my computer tonight (wouldn't be my first time), but as you can see, there is at this time 4 servers with Dunsfold loaded, different cars, 3 of them open, and all 4 are empty, so thinking better, I see no need to do it; better pick a buddy and join one of those ;)

byyyyyyyyye

9. Pits

Pits Registered

We have changed the Mod on the ORA Server and got rid of the track d/load out of it, we have made it All cars Mod now so a small d/load to get in now.

Dare I say it again, this track is very very well done (the extra "very" I placed in there should not be lost on anyone) and we will run it till something better comes along, really can't see that ahapnin for a while.

10. D!2T

D!2T Registered

I have to agree with you Pits.. I was on a server this morning with 12 or so clio's and when all go out together to chase it is probably one of the best experiences yet on rf2. Something a bit faster would be fun too, thanks for this mate.

11. D!2T

D!2T Registered

Are the corvettes included in this new mod? If not, can they be and also if possible can someone upload the mod file here so others can join also please :)

12. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

The vette @ Dunsfold is a totally fun for me...it's a challenge to find the way all the time, it's like fighting with a dinosaur who want kill you every single corner...love it..:)

13. vicent-sollana

vicent-sollana Registered

Totally agree,is for now my perfect choice

View attachment 5953

14. D!2T

D!2T Registered

Top work btw Tuttle! Thank you for this brilliant track

15. Tuttle

Thank you sir. I'm really happy you like it... I'm near to release a first small update which fix some feedback issues, and the new training version with traffic cones for noobs...;)

16. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Brill !

Thanks tuttle

17. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

That's awesome! I'm totally in love with your track :D

PS: from what I've seen, rest assured the cones won't last more than one lap :p Maybe heavier barriers :D

18. Tuttle

LOL that's true! But as you know there are plenty of different lines available for this track, especially on the main runway section. Using barriers should be a suicide, especially when you use AIs or you loose your line. Even with cones I had to place it with a very big distance from the ideal line, as each car needs different space to act...and if you engage a race you can't limit other opponents to much inside painted lines.... I see they do the same, during private testing, they use plastic barriers for closed roads, and traffic cones to design the track, leaving a huge room for different approaches...:)

19. D!2T

D!2T Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2013
  20. Sam Moss

Sam Moss Registered

+1 . Want to race, you need a vmod. vmods won't download in game on this build making you search for it somewhere in the vast realms of the internet.. Download it to find you now need an extra few tracks.

I game regularly game with 3 other guys, we all had rF within the month it came out. We've yet to have a decent race evening on rF2 in the year its been released.. Simple fact is MP in rF2 is broken because of the vmods.