Need some Crossfire Help !!!!

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Beuteman, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Beuteman

Beuteman Registered

Hi Racers.

I have a problem here with crossfire and need some help, I´m already trying for more than one week all kind of setups.

First of all let me show you the specification of my hardware.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz
    MB Asus P9X79 Pro
    16GB DDR3 2400 G-SKill GTX
    SSD INTEL 520 Series 240GB
    3XCrossFire HD 7970 3GB
    Corsair HX850W
    Windows 8 Pro
    3xSAMSUNG 32"TV 1920x1080

I have to say that rf2 is Runing fine with just one HD 7970 at 5760 xv 1080 res.

He are the settings

View attachment 5888

View attachment 5889

View attachment 5890

View attachment 5891

Like you can see in the last picture this is giving me with the VSync in Video Mode and 10 AI a smooth 60 FPS, but if i try to set on the road or environment FPS go under 60 and stuttering appears.

Ok, what I thought is that with a second HD 7970 I will be able to turn on this road or environment reflections and maybe another level more of antialising, but off course NOT !!!!!!!

With a 2 X Crossfire HD 7970 VSync on Video Mode syncs at 120 FPS, Why 120FPS?????? Now I have the same problem if I turn on reflections and some AI cars my frames goes under 120 and I get Stuttering, if i turn of Video VSync I get 140/160FPS but Stuttering, Terrible Stuttering!!!!!!

I have tryed everything, read tons of Threads and didn´t get any solution.........

Flush Turn on in PLR, MSI Afterburner, Radeon Pro........... NOTHING!!!!!

So I read this

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/6990-Micro-Stuttering-Due-To-2-GPUs-Add-A-3rd-Card!!!!!

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-geforce-stutter-crossfire,2995.html

Yes my idiot, I get a Third Card !!!!!

What Now? 3xCrossfire on Video mode VSync is now set at 180FPS :( and now I can´t turn on HDR because i get this !!!!!!!
    and if i turn off VSYnc wow!! I get 200 FPS but with stuttering !!!!!!

View attachment 5892

Please can somebody explain me why One card is Syncing at 60, Two at 120 and Three at 180, is there anyway to set 3xcrossfire without stuttering, is there anyway to set 3xCrossfire at 60FPS and is there any solution to activate HDR without getting a White screen ??

Some other details.....

If I set Vsync in software mode i get Stuttering, BIG stuttering !!!!!!
    If I set Vsync in GPU mode, is not cutting the frames and i get stuttering.

Please I need some help or if somebody could guide me.... I spend a lot of money and i feel idiot :eek: because i cant find any solution.

THKS TO ALL

2. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Have you tried setting max framerate in PLR file?
    I used to use this settings instead of ingame's Video V-Sync, because of input lag. It was pretty good with only occasional tearing, barely noticable.

Now I am using D3DOverrider program to force V-Sync and Triple Buffer, it is very smooth.
    You can also try D3DOverrider but I think it will sync to 120 fps, I'm not sure, but it doesn't cost you to try.

You can also try this option, it can reduce stuttering

3. Beuteman

Beuteman Registered

thks a lot I will give it a try :)

4. Beuteman

Beuteman Registered

No its not working, it syncs at 60 Fps but still have Big stuttering, but thks anyway.

5. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Everything is way smoother for me and many others when goin from 2 to 3 cards.

When you combine multi-GPU with eyefinity I have noticed it sucks.

You have the 7970, look out for new amd drivers starting with 13.2, supposed to help a lot with stutters, and it will get better from there supposedly (but some have said it doesn't affect multi-GPU + eyefinity, only multi-GPU single screen), to early to be sure.

For games that don't have a fps limiter use dxtory ;)

Tri-cards is broken on current build of RF2, everything is white.

6. Beuteman

Beuteman Registered

Hi all.

Just after installing Catalyst 13.2 Beta3 everithing is much smoother !!!!!!!!!!

Don Forget to uninstall Cap2 :)

7. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Why?