Optimization coming?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ccjcc81, Jan 26, 2013.

1. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Like I said...

2. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Registered

Sheesh, what a waste of time these threads are.

Mr Wheatley, can't you just do like most other developers forums and delete/lock/ban these trolls that have nothing better to do than post negative crap/comparisons about your software.

When I want to read about iRacing, AC, or any others I go there, not here.

3. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Of course these are waste of time if you are not interested taking part of this kind of converstions :p So why come here just to say that we are wasting our time :D Waste of time in my opinion ;)

4. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Registered

:D

Well A thread about optimization is something that interests me, but then you get a 6+ page thread of off topic garbage mostly written by boneheads. Guess i'm becoming one now too, time to leave the thread. :p

5. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Guy: You know, I didn't see them kissing. I saw them canoodling in the library for hours but I had no idea he was cheating on you.

Girl: Really? Sounds like you've got the Ostrich Syndrome.

6. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Six pages and no staff comments?

7. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

I say we all shut up and go drive the top gear test track :)

8. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

You shouldn't expect staff to dig through all these pointless posts to find if there were any relevant questions asked and if there were answers given already.

The same thing happened to Q&A thread - instead of asking questions people were discussing and arguing. It ended up closed, but before that happened we had to basically yell our questions so they could be heard in all that background noise people were making.

Unless community will stop making a mess of threads, nothing will change.

9. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Hi Andy, I have 16 Gb. I'm going to try this setting, let's see.

10. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

11. Knight of Redemption

The question being asked is on page one post one, no need to dig through to find it. And it is a question that has been asked before. All you need to do is stick the word Optimisation in the search bar and endless threads are listed. It has been stated that rF2 will be constantly updated for years to come, it doesn't take much thought to imagine that optimisation is part of that ongoing process, in fact when I first installed rF2 I had terrible stuttering and frame rates, a couple of builds later, no stuttering and better frame rates. First few tracks from ISI graphically Meh, Lime Rock? Ah now we are getting there. Okay sometimes a new build is three steps forward and two steps back but all in all it has moved forwards. Don't assume either that ISI staff don't read these threads, I thought the same until in the middle of a thread just like this up popped an ISI staff member.

12. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

thanks to these "pointless" posts people are driving a corvette today and will get an update.
    What cost to then to answer the op and get out on this or one of the many threads they ignore?
    Ok, i forgot. Maybe you are one of the stealth user that are what people use to call a beta tester.
    Just say you are an internal tester (or constantly evolving tester) and you have more information than others. Don't pretend you are regular user.

13. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

We got Corvette because ISI has finished testing it and we will get an update when ISI will finish testing it - regardles of what's happening on forum at that time.

Besides, posts about Corvette in threads about Corvette are not pointless. This thread however, got pretty much hijacked and that's what I was referring to.

Unless you're saying that frequent complains from community motivate ISI to step up their game somehow. I can more less agree with that, but then again - why not start separate thread for this kind of motivating / criticizing talk, instead of hijacking existing thread that is meant to serve a different purpose? :)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2013
  14. Knight of Redemption

The question was asked, no reply was forthcoming and now there is an ongoing discussion about thread highjacking that has as much to do with the OP as anything else. Admit it, your as guilty as anyone :)

15. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

KSzczech, nothing here is close to what experienced user could call finished. I'm not in this category, but i can read what people with more knowledge than me, say
    about phisics, graphics, tire wear, damage model, modeling process.
    About highjacking hreads... Do you remember topics regarding AA levels? As far i know, none of was answered by staff team. because i'm sure most of techinical support doesn't even happen here.
    You cannot control when a thread change subject. And this happen every time most because without any staff answer people start to rambling and insatisfaction raises uo until the last post of some thread is completely diferent of OP.
    Do the test: maybe only threads that not changing subject is the rf2 screen shots and Internet: share the fun.

16. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Hi -- been spending a few hours today in the Corvette at Sebring and it's a great car. Improved cockpit textures (still could be better) and a very nice model of the car. It feels great at the wheel, just like the Nismo GT-R. I turn multiplier up to 1.7 BTW. It might be my imagination but I might have gained a few FPS with this latest car v the GT-R? Will test further to find out.

Elsewhere in rF2, hoping for improvements to the following areas:
    1. Rear view mirror (resolution needs improving)
    2. C6R's headlights are white (should be yellow...WIP I know)
    3. GFX fixed for the slow-down in FPS in SLI systems when road + hdr details are on
    4. Driver Hot Swaps implemented (I want this very much!)
    5. Keep up with the improvements :)

Well done guys in the meantime.

17. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

I understand your logic, but I think it would be highly unacceptable for ISI to leave rF2 in a state where this applies.

My computer is primarily used for image/video/audio editing so I'm unwilling to disable HT just to play a couple games.

18. emilblixt

emilblixt Registered

And maybe some decent track TEXTURES!!! :p

19. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

The majority of you think aids in a pro sim is like some unwritten law.
    Who says a sim must have aids.
    I sick of being bagged for even having the idea.

Besides that.......

I will never give a dollar to unofficial payware or any developer that unofficially supports them, what a cop out.

Next will be paid rips, oh it has already begun.

As good as rF2 is, payware and Tim's statement on the matter has killed it for me.

20. osella

osella Registered

Every other mod for rf1 is either a rip or simply low quality mod yet I bet you spent thousands of hours with rf1 didn't you.. It will always happen, you decide what you download and use.

"oh it has already begun" gotta love your pessimism and confidence in knowing everything. lol
    Don't think paid rips are ever gonna be common. A few cases already happened for rf1, anyone remembers balanesko and his crappy conversions of street cars sold for like $5each? Mods like that will disappear into oblivion quickly I believe..