Crashes on Track

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by bergowitch, Jan 25, 2013.

1. bergowitch

bergowitch Registered

Hallo,
    i have just installed rfFactor2 (bought and activated too).
    I've downloaded most offical mods, istalled them and trieded to drive. (i tried 1960s Monaco, Clio, driving school)
    BUT the race or practice starts controler (sidewinder ff wheel) works everything is fine. I never can drive a whole round, because off crashes on track (with no car near me). In Replay it looks funny. I am driving straight and suddenly the car flys to the side as if an accident occured.
    Sometimes the ai stopps an "waits for me" and as a drive by, the same thing discribed above happens.
    Whats the problem? Pease help!
    Thanks
    Stefan

2. Joshua Roe

Joshua Roe Registered

This is very close to the problems I am having. I would love to hear of a solution to this problem as I have the same wheel.

This is a video I took and it acts very weird, and I have had many of the same problems as above, ai stopping on track, car dropping through floor or flying in weird ways.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37bZ4prb2jQ

The weird thing is if you hand control of the car over to the ai, everything works fine.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2013
  3. bergowitch

bergowitch Registered

Hi
    my problem was, that it is like drivening against an invicible wall on track.

The problem seems to be forcefeedback. I turned it off and the problems (expect those with missing experiene) are gone.
    But I would like to have ff... and donĀ“t want to buy a new wheel...
    Solution?
    Greetings
    Stefan

4. D1Racer

D1Racer Registered

You guys need to provide more information before anyone can help you. What are your PC specs, what settings are you running the game at etc etc?