What to upgrade first

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ducatiguy, Jan 23, 2013.

1. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

You didn't mention about other peripherals but for a better experience in racing, in my opinion, you should give more attention to this combo: 3 monitors and steering wheel. Upgrade your system to match recommended system requirements for rf2 in main page and choose a good pedal set.
    Take your time to raise your budget before start upgrading because if you spend your money in cheap solutions for you rig, you always you'll have something "bottlenecking" your game play. This will make you spend money two times (to upgrade your curremt system and after when you see that some component doesn't really working well) and probably gonna take more time to achieve a enjoyable sim rig.
    If you go for the step by step upgrading, listen to Noel Hibbard.

2. Ducatiguy

Ducatiguy Registered

I have a playseat setup with the Fanatec clubsport setup, I really enjoy them. I'm playing on a dedicated 52" plazma, but am looking into going to a triple screen setup...i'm waiting because of the new Oculus Rift coming out and think it 'might' be my preferred & cheaper solution. I'm pretty happy with my physical setup at the moment, feel i have some decent equipment in place.

I'll be looking at pc replacement this weekend, I have a much newer 'off the shelf' pc with a crappy on-board video card that I think I might try to stuff in my existing gpu and see if i gain anything. If not, i'll just look at building a whole new machine.

I appreciate the input I've received here, thanks all.

3. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Yes.

4. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Eheh 3 screen setup or wait for oculus rift was my dillema too. But i don't think OR will be available with no bugs at least till 2014. So i'm going with 3 screens soon as i can.