Xbox 360 pad support?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BYF, Jan 22, 2013.

1. BYF

BYF Registered

Are there any plans to make the 360 pad work properly with RF2?

Currently it's not possible to throttle and brake at the same time using the two triggers as they share the same axis and cancel each other out, making the cars harder to control This is using the official microsoft drivers, there are other driving sims where this works fine, it even works in Netkar now.

Thanks

2. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

This is a sim... control and 360 pad in the same sentence, do yourself a favor and get a DFGT for 75 dollars ;)

3. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Mate i know this guy well, he is as hardcore as they come, he knows what a sim is. He has had wheel issues though and is having to use a pad while waiting for a wheel. Grahem try the XBCD drivers, they used to work with rFactor

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2013
  4. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Aha! That would have been good info in that initial post of course!

5. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Indeed LOL :D

6. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Some sim racers can't use certain wheels due to disabilities, Please don't make assumptions that because someone wants to use a gamepad they just thrash around on shift or grid etc etc ;)

7. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

DFGT is junk though.

8. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Be that as it may, price vs quality, damn hard to beat :)

9. BYF

BYF Registered

I could use the XBCD drivers but they're are pain to install sometimes, and I want the game to work with the official microsoft drivers as the XBCD's don't work well with my other games.

I'm having to race with a pad due to knee problems.

10. Butch Nackley

Butch Nackley Registered

Why? I'm not going to tell my whole story of what toys I have to play a game with. If I (or the OP or anyone else) has a question about something, doesn't need to say their wheel isn't working and that is why they want to know something. He asked a question which deserves an anwser and no more information was needed.

Maybe request this in the Wish List or even the Technical Support board. A dev is likely to see it here too. But this probably will be something that should be addressed in the future. There will be players using gamepads for control, so if they are not working as well as they could, it should be something the devs are aware of in hopes of better support coming for them.

11. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

Sure you cant use the triggers separatelly? i think the 360 gamepad its the only hardware that comes fully compatible with all aplications in Windows, try using (as alternative) the right stick, foward to throttle and backwards to brake, like Gran Turismo.

12. Richard Chmielewski

Richard Chmielewski Registered

I was thinking of using the 360 game pad as a second controller, to get some extra buttons going.

Also, GP1 Steve, nicely said. I don't think some of us realize how lucky we are to have properly working arms and legs. But there are some out there who still have the racing bug, and they have to do what they can to race.

13. Sentri

Sentri Registered

For the triggers to work independently and to get rumble support ISI needs to add xinput support. Right now the controllers are handled by directinput. In directinput mode the 360 pad uses combined triggers and has no rumble support.

The XBCD drives have axis mapping under directinput and also enable the directinput rumble/feedback.

Microsoft really should have released a profiling software like the logitech control panel, but they have yet to do so. In most directinput games the 360 pad (or at least my pad) has a wondering center problem that could be fixed by adding deadzone at the driver level. Thankfully some games have in game deadzone adjustment.

Adding xinput support seems redundant unless your game is going to be ported/or from an xbox 360. Which is why most new games use xinput.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2013
  14. BYF

BYF Registered

I did make a post about it in the Wish List section many months ago, Is it still worth making another post?

The triggers work fine and independently in other racing games, allowing the player to throttle and brake at the same time.

15. Butch Nackley

Butch Nackley Registered

Maybe bump it, if you don't hear anything in this one.
    Sentri appears to know what it will take for the game to properly support it. Maybe link to it too, if you do bump the other thread.

16. Bart S

Bart S Member

FONismo you just saved this guy some stick, the topic almost turn into a how many times does a cow fart in a day discussion