Oculus Rift over 100k DevKits sold -is ISI going to support with rf2 integration ??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adrianstealth, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miro

Miro Registered

I'd just like to use the rift with rF2. I am that selfish. I do not get this stubborness here at all. Never seen somehting like this anywhere else.

2. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Good luck with AC....with no pit stop, no strategy, no endurance racing support, no penalty and flags system, no driver swap, no real road, bugy damage, and the worst netcode in the sim market......again you need a lot of luck, you and your league!

3. gkz

gkz Registered

No dk 2 support also means no cv1 support at the start. Because cv1 is based on the dk 2. This means when cv1 comes out a lot of new ppl in racing will only look at oculus supportet titels.

4. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

CV1 may be out next Christmas. We're still 2 months away from Christmas this year. What makes it so certain that there won't be support ready in time for CV1 release? They have at least a year to get things done, DK2 support may come the day before CV1 releases. So?

5. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I don't know if today is International Panic Day or something... lol :D

Clearly something is making a lot of people think that ISI is steadily steering this sim straight into an early grave. No official OR support yet: AC will win 'the war'. Minor graphical bugs in newly released tracks: AC will win 'the war'.

Really quite amusing. Slightly annoying, but most of all really amusing. All in good time, patience etc. :D

6. gkz

gkz Registered

We talk about no dk 2 support from isi......... if they don t buy a dk 2 than it doesn t matter when the cv1 coming out. And if this is a fact rfactor 2 will not have a oculus support when cv1 coming out and this would be a shame. Thats just a fact. Maybe isi will get a dk 2 in half year or whatever but that is not case. But for example if cv1 coming winter 2015/2016 and isi decide 1-2 month before to get a dk2 to get ready for cv1 start it would be still stupid because u could do it now and maybe win some customer. And dk 2 support is allways a good commercial for ur Titel. So for a publisher it makes no sense to wait if u need a dk 2 anyway. So the whole mainsteam thing what isi talk about dk 2 is complete *piep* There are only one reason to not buy dk 2 and it is to save 300 dollar and wait for the cv1 and work with the cv1 to make the oculus in rfactor 2 ready. This would mean that a publisher care about 300 Dollar :D

7. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

What war? All titles can coexist. If one is going by Oculus Rift support and video preview virtual reality hype then Live for Speed and pCARS are the winners.

8. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Man, that's why I wrote "the war", with citation marks, because it's an imagined war, made up by blind fanboys, which I find laughable and quite ridiculous.

The very point is that I don't believe there is a war.
    My post was merely pointing out how funny it is that so many people think there is.
    There's quite a lot of panic going on right now, but why? I have no clue.

So the best thing is to just use it as a bit of entertainment. ;)

9. stonec

stonec Registered

It makes sense not due to money reason but because ISI is primarily not interested in supporting a certain device, but all types of virtual headsets (read quote below). It's a bit same as if rF2 would suddenly add support for some Samsung monitor technology. It makes not much sense when you have limited resources as ISI does, they have clearly decided to spend their time on more important things and later add generic support for headsets when it gets more popular.

Doug: What about new technology with the virtual headsets? Any updated news to report?

Gjon: We did some work on it with the original Rift device. We already had some of the basics in there from earlier products and the Rift work enhanced this further. At some point soon we will carve out time and finish this up for not only the Rift but for all devices of this class.

10. 7xu5

7xu5 Registered

When? late as usual.

11. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

Has everyone forgotten that there is a chance ISI will be implementing DK2 support because a commercial client might be paying for it

12. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Ok, so i just tried the DK2 for my first time and OMFG!!! It's amazing!

I was not expecting it to be this big of a leap in resolution quality from the dk1 to the dk2. When i bought and tried the dk1, after an hour i put it on ebay immediately. The resolution was so bad. The DK2 has only improved from 800p to 1080p which certainly doesn't sound like a big improvement but when coupled with the new screen improvement in general, it's quite literally 10x better than i had imagined it was going to be.

This is actually a very functional and usable product as is in my opinion, something i never expected i would say until a CV2 based on dk1 experience. I can completely see why Oculus have said they're not going to produce a dk3 but instead release the CV1 next.

I am swearing left, right and center when using it....very impressive.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2014
  13. gkz

gkz Registered

dk is commercial so u will get the 300 dollar back in sales.... thats so simple and at some point they need to buy a oculus anyway so what ?

14. museumsteve

museumsteve Registered

:cool: Good to hear you're impressed

15. PaulG

PaulG Registered

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fEIrXv_vBY

Somebody was able to develop a DLL for Richard Burns Rally that makes it playable with DK2. Haven't had a chance to install and test yet (we're swimming in racers now), but it looks pretty great. And kind of hilarious how awesome a job he's done with a simple DLL hack. Pretty amazing.

16. Kokomo

Kokomo Registered

What seems obvious to me is that everyone that tries the Rift with a sim, is instantly sold on the tech, even if not for the DK2 itself, at least for CV1 or CV2 in the worst case scenario. Only people complaining about resolution and FOV and stuff are the ones that never tried one, and can't even imagine what it's like.

The comment of the guy saying DK2 makes others "kick your arse" because of screendoor was epic, ignorant sentence of the month. I've not only became faster with DK2, but is much more enjoyable and as already said, slides are caught much earlier and consistency improves drastically. It's like gamepad vs Wheel, you can actually be as fast in a hotlap with a gamepad, but it's much easier to be consistent with the wheel because it's more natural and precise. With the Rift the exact same thing happens again, the 3D sense of scale makes it much easier and natural to drive. Only a better screen and a haptic chair separates you from the real thing, and that will eventually come so monitors are basically sentenced to death already for sim racing

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2014
  17. 7xu5

7xu5 Registered

Great comment, and also completely true. Here another frustrated owner of dk2 + RF2. Hopefully Isi learns once but I think that as they are always looking the other way. Unfortunately we have had the best sim with the worst possible development. They probably using the familiar excuse that the CV1 bring him out, waiting for an unknown support with all the systems of virtual reality, which most do not have begun to develop their product. But we will wait using games like:

iRacing
    pcars
    Assetto Corsa
    LFS
    Richard Burns Rally
    RaceRoom Racing Experience

and other less rFactor2. maybe so many people asking the same thing means something.

18. 7xu5

7xu5 Registered

19. RichFreed

RichFreed Registered

Yep - I have been playing Elite Dangerous properly now with the DK2 for a month or so. I loaded up last night without the DK2 and I can't believe how much I dislike standard monitor play in that game now, regardless of the poorer visible res of the DK2! Car Sims will be the exact same for me also.

20. Txus

Txus Registered

Hi

Really ISI should listen to users, instead of having such a close on this subject position, it is said on oculus the forum that isi expect compatibility with all VR systems, but currently there is only one system (Oculus) and I the others do not have to rely on the same technology, how they will support all systems if vr not know how to operate the home system for oculus ?.

I have many concerns with this issue maybe someone can answer some.

Did you do this to be delayed further add compatibility with all systems ?.
    Why is everyone being so easy for other developers to run their software on oculus isi oculus and costs much ?. Examples: iRacing, Pcars, Assetto Corsa, LFS, Richard Burns Rally,
    RaceRoom Racing Experience.
    What should the delay in the implementation of technology in ISI ?.
    Will there be any compatibility problems or performance isi known and has not said anything ?.
    How will it affect the rendimietento the oculus on oculus RF2 I ask because I have not seen that is well optimized rf2 ?. I have found problems to run properly on my computer RF2. (i7 3.4GHz 16GB Triplechannel RAM GTX680 4GB vram) especially with RF optimization with antialiasing.
    Is it safe to wait that long for compatibility with CV1. when you leave the compatibility with CV1, this delay will not make users forget RF2, to devote all his time to other games that are compatible ?.
    Me think ISI is not listening to their users too, maybe this should be changed?.

I am holder of a DK2 and really see unfeasible to touch Rf2 if not compatibility with oculus. It is impossible to enjoy the same way you did before with the monitor, now is somewhat flat lifeless does not transmit speed and immersion really use oculus is the best experience I've seen in a long time, and is incomparable at 1 2 or 3 monitors. Even with the resolution currently give the oculus. It is something that happens to sengundo plane dipping outperforms any other inconvenience.

Best Regards

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.