Oculus Rift over 100k DevKits sold -is ISI going to support with rf2 integration ??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adrianstealth, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I've been getting mixed up, tridef is all I've used as per vittorio's instructions

although useable -for me it's not great visually + black borders
    (even worse quality if no borders )
    I'm hoping either tridef/vorpx gets better compatibility with rf2 to overcome the res problem
    ( image seems to stretch thus a lose of clarity)

vittorio's tracking patch working a treat though

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2014
  2. Narrowbackwing

Narrowbackwing Registered

Wow :) got mine today , tried pCars I never thought it would be this good ,completely blown away , I fear my triple screen could be retired .

3. maniac618

maniac618 Registered

This all sounds like a massive headache with '3rd party' plugins etc.

COME ON ISI, PLEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAASE?!

4. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

we live in hope for integrated compatibility, we have a super tracking patch that could be integrated -not sure how much work the graphics would take

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2014
  5. 7xu5

7xu5 Registered

Isi prefer that others take their responsibility to their customers, it is easier and cheaper for someone to program the plugin, so the company saves money and effort, do not mind leaving your customers dumped like garbage. there are more important things they say but we take them over 2 years many unsolved.

No matter what new technology arrives and is greater integration for players of the story. no matter, use it in the final version as they clear, no matter what we ask users to program the plugin company. the company is above any request that is made by users, not listen to them and go. shame really gives isi see how it behaves with users, most studios are working hard to make oculus is compatible with their software, but no isi, isi preferred that the work is done by vittorio, it is easier for them not to take their responsibilities and another bear and programming support something they (isi) probably do not even know how.

6. crz

crz Registered

ISI said there won't be support until CV1 is here.

7. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

There is now a version of Opentrack that supports the DK2, it can emulate trackIR so it will work without a plugin delay. But for rF2 I think vittorio's headtracking plugin is superior because there is a weird effect with Opentrack/TrackIR where the translation seems wrong when your head is turned. I noticed this a bit when using actual trackIR so it might not be opentrack that is the problem.

If you want to try opentrack you have to remove the rF2rift plugin dll and restore the trackIR dll, then go into your player.JSON file and set glance angle, look roll and look up/down angles to 2. In opentrack you select Rift as the tracker and Freetrack 2.0 as the game protocol. Do not select a filter. You must set up the curves under 'mapping' for each axis of rotation and translation. For rotation just put a point at 0 and 100 on each graph, for translation I think the line needs to be steeper to get significant movement (I set points at 0,0 and 50,100). Tick the box to invert roll. Also make sure you disable translation compensation and disable z-axis compensation. You can bind a key or key combo to centre the view but it only seems to work if you alt-tab out of rF2 and select opentrack as your active window, press the centre button, then alt-tab back.

My settings are just rough ones so it will probably look better if you do some fine tuning. Also the DK2 support was only introduced a few days ago so things may change rendering these settings obsolete. As I said earlier for rF2 I think vittorio's plugin is better, but for other games Opentrack could be the solution.

edit: here's the link https://github.com/opentrack/opentrack/blob/master/README.md

8. svenh007

svenh007 Registered

Looks like OpenTrack works only with a Win32 System. I didnt find a 64bit Install :-(

9. Miro

Miro Registered

10. museumsteve

museumsteve Registered

11. Narrowbackwing

nice :) also if you want to mirror your game , handy for menu in game .

• 1) Install OBS
    • 2) Extended mode> turn off Oculus service (Bilago's tool)> Start E:D (verify head tracking is on).
    • 3) Start OBS
    • 4) If a "Scene" does not exist, create one (right click in "Scenes" > add Scene, name it anything.
    • 5) Add a "Source" Right click under "Sources" > add Game Capture
    • 6) Select E:D (client)
    • 7) Click "Stretch image to screen"
    • 8) Choice "Capture mouse cursor" (allows you to navigate menu's without having rift on)
    • 9) Hit "ok"
    • 10) Hit "Preview Stream"
    • 11) Click the icon of the game/demo running in the taskbar
    • Should work for other demo's as well. If preview is choppy, increase bitrate/fps on OBS, but it will impact game performance based on cpu. Default is 15fps (works fine for preview).
    Thanks to jscheema for this .

12. museumsteve

museumsteve Registered

Yeah I use OBS to mirror it and it works a treat :)

13. Woodee

Woodee Registered

What is the mirroring for?

14. Narrowbackwing

Your game is duplicated , so others can see it on the monitor , this is great for game menu adjusting .
    games are not optimised with the rift in menu ---- difficult to navigate , the mirror monitor makes it easy .

15. Narrowbackwing

If you want to run RaceRoom in rift mode remember -steam -properties - general - ( SET LAUNCH OPTION ) and set this like this -vr

run rift in main display , hope this helps anyone having problems .

16. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Meaning there is only one display instead of the two eyes we commonly see captured?

17. museumsteve

museumsteve Registered

No, it mirrors what the Rift gets so you see the two images. It's just a handy way to navigate menus more than anything :)

Also, I've had best results by setting visuals to Medium, turn off Motion Blur (must do this) turn off Shadow Split, make sure the game is at 75hz (in video settings) and turn drivers arm&wheel on in vehicle settings :)

18. maniac618

maniac618 Registered

From rFactor2 Facebook page:

IT'S COMING SOON!

19. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Oh for crying out loud. Out of that entire quote you deliberately miss out on ALL the nuance and failsafes and suddenly announce the 'fact' it's 'coming soon'?

No wonder some people keep on getting disappointed...

20. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Another case of premature exacerbation :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.