Oculus Rift over 100k DevKits sold -is ISI going to support with rf2 integration ??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adrianstealth, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Narrowbackwing

Narrowbackwing Registered

ISI must feel there are better benefits not to implement this now ( time will tell ) , but IMO it looks like a no brainer ,looking at what it has done for other games , but again I have no idea what happens behind ISI doors , so for now I have to respect what they choose .

@Ernie posted .
    And as officially mentioned by Oculus .... all software developed for DK2 will run without problems on the consumer version. Regarding to software, there will be technically no difference between DK2 and CV1, besides a higher resolution and refresh rate.

--- if this is true ^ I sure gaming companies are saying it's now we need to work with this .

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2014
  2. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

"And as officially mentioned by Oculus .... all software developed for DK2 will run without problems on the consumer version. Regarding to software, there will be technically no difference between DK2 and CV1, besides a higher resolution and refresh rate"

narrowbackwing -good info, well found this means immediate compatibility & no work for devs of already compatible titles, good news

3. Ernie

Ernie Registered

If i were an ISI-developer, i really couldn't wait to try out "my baby" in the Rift. :D :eek:

4. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

If I go down the rift road I'd also have to get LFS,which means rF2 will get put to one side and maybe even forgotten about.......

5. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Come on serious. Im not a fanboy but maybe forget about rF2 because they seem to take another road to or support. I would love or support also asap. But this sim imho is still one of the best if not the best, at this time. Can't forget about that no matter if there is or support or not.

Now give me my icecream ;)

6. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

rF2 is great don't get me wrong but if it does not work with rift and LFS does..............
    Sensation and immersion of LFS+rift over rF2 and a 2D monitor?

I'm holding off at the moment because I still race rF1 and more and more rF2.
    rF1 because it's still good but most of my racing buddies have still not jumped ship to rF2 yet :(

Just downloaded and trying out LFS,seems ok so far

7. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2014
  8. crz

crz Registered

9. Ctuchik

Ctuchik Registered

Anyone give it a try with rFactor? I never tried it with the DK1 since Tridef worked so well. Unfortuantely vitorio is still missing so we have no headtracking plugin!

10. crz

crz Registered

I don't think it is working since I saw a guy on their forum asking for rF2 support. I will give it a try after my league race.

11. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Since Tim said there will be no native support anytime soon I have done new plugin versions for rfactor2 and rfactor1. Will release tomorrow, but they are still early versions (Oculus needs to do some more bugfixing, Tridef needs to correct chromatic aberration and make things simpler for DK2) and only useful for rfactor2- and tech-savvy users. But rF2 and DK2 is still the best VR experience for me. ISI is missing a big chance here I think, but they have probably very good reasons we don't know.

12. Narrowbackwing

Narrowbackwing Registered

You FN beauty , you are gonna please a lot of rF2 fans .

13. crz

crz Registered

Very good news! Thank you vittorio :)

14. Adrian

Adrian Registered

Yup [MENTION=4386]vittorio[/MENTION] your still my favourite person :D

Also for anyone that's interested Vorpx "works" in geo-mode in RF1 but the cockpit guages are still broken for the right eye and there's a bug with the IPD settings so everything looks tiny, It's currently unusable. RF2 only works in z-normal mode which gives no 3d, once again pretty much useless.

From the looks of it Tridef support is a while away but at least they've said they'll support it :D

15. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

much appreciated vittorio

happy to give it a try / test

p.s ISI reason to not support as a matter of urgency : there is something we do not know for sure

16. Frankysco

Frankysco Registered

Thank you so much vittorio.

17. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

chromatic aberration dosnt seem to bother me like it does some users , neither does the pixel mesh
    (I even like to focus on it ) , although I'm sure my impression of visual heaven will go super nova when the next rift gets released ;)

x2 monitors + an active adaptor sold successfully on ebay the 3rd now on wall out of the way

we'll need to buy vorpX for the plugin to work ??????
    (will it be a plugin or some kind of rf2 hack? )

18. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Hope this isn't true. I was expecting more improvements "across the board" with the CV1 compared to the DK2, starting with a screen that covers more of the human's 170-ish degree horizontal FOV.

19. Adrian

Adrian Registered

It's a plugin that goes in the plugin folder :)

you don't need vorpx. Tridef is what your after. keep in mind thats its only got DK1 support so there's CA and everything's slightly stretched horizontally

20. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Spinelli

I think the same (or compatible SDK) will be fine , a new unit will just offer a different range of resolutions ( with different aspects ).

my guess the all singing & dancing unit with curved screen etc will be the CV2

the CV1 (or even be called the DK3 )will offer higher res than the dk2 & will come next
    ( dk2 "screens have run out" thing imminent early 2015 lol )

that way consumers will have to buy another unit before the one with a near perfect spec, makes sense (for oculus)
    then after the following unit -it will just be a case of accessories ( gloves / walking platforms / object scanners&trackers / fuse placement )
    +a trail of refined VR units maybe each year ( lighter / higher res / better screens etc ) as well as a load of services on the Facebook VR interactive platform ( maybe social / virtual tours / shopping / virtual entertainment channels etc )

it's indicated that later units will also be self contained (no need to link to a PC ) which I'd imagine will work as a stand alone with FBVR (but we'd have the opportunity to connect to our PC too), all good stuff

of course I'm guessing at a lot of this but it seems to be the way things are going, that oculus gang seem to be a busy bunch

bear in mind though the scale of their sales on dk units ( 1 & 2 ) have been relatively small when considering the amount of investment & asset associated with oculus
    ( & with the right services in place the potential target market)
    they've not even flexed their newly found muscles yet, 2015 hopefully will be their time for global exposure to start, they shouldn't hang around to long, I'd not be surprise (in spite of their claims about price) if the next version isn't uplifted in price by about $100 US as well.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.