Oculus Rift over 100k DevKits sold -is ISI going to support with rf2 integration ??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adrianstealth, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

For sure CK1 will be better but the race for VR has already started and I strongly believe we will not have to wait so long. The ice cream you mention is so tasty that the kids wont stop until they get one. If uncle Joe buy us the ice cream instead of mamma, we will move to uncle Joe"s house ;)

2. gkz

gkz Registered

rf 2 is the last game which need physics more than vr :D AC is not done atm and but rf 2 just needs a oculus rift support and it is the great.

3. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I recommend you to try the rift just with the stupid desktop demo to see if you maintain your statement

4. ViSo

ViSo Registered

The Note3 screen that is being used on DK2, is overclocked to 75Hz, for that reason it will probably have less input lag than the mayor monitors, that have 60Hz. But, my question here is:
    Anyone have a strobbed 120Hz monitor and the DK2? can you tell me if there are differences (better/worse) in terms of input lag?

5. Rik

Rik Registered

heheheh but the mom is always mom ;)

6. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

LFS working. WONDERFUL experience despite driving with the mouse!!! :). Pretty much seamless experience although using a laptop. The aliasing was quite disturbing but I couldn't find a setting for this (only for mirrors). Ill try to play with nvidia settings to override the game settings.

Resolution is at the playable minimums. Pixels are appreciated. 4K seems unavoidable. We now need a windows oculus support. I directly remove the lenses and use the display as a smartphone to configure nvidia settings for example...

7. PaulG

PaulG Registered

Finally got around to trying Rally in LFS. Amazing. Now I really wish rfactor 1 supported it. Rallycross in VR is crazy awesome.

8. Narrowbackwing

Narrowbackwing Registered

You guys a killing me , just can't wait for mine to arrive from what I've read DK2 is a huge hit , I even purchased LFS and looking forward to giving pCars a shot , oh! :rolleyes: We'll any game that support DK2 .

9. Frankysco

Frankysco Registered

Seriously I don´t understand why ISI don´t say nothing. For instance:
    "No, we don´t want people use the Rift in rF2."
    "Yes, but we are waiting for the consumer version."
    "Maybe, before that we need to see if Oculus has success in others platforms."

after 52 pages, is this so difficult?

10. gkz

gkz Registered

Hä ? What are u talking about ?

11. blanes

blanes Registered

Does anyone know if the devs at ISI even have an Oculus Rift ? My guess is they don't and their silence would appear to indicate they are just not interest in the technology at this stage. Still a comment either way would enlighten us somewhat ! ;)

12. djbob

djbob Registered

I think they were a bit put out when Oculus didn't respond to Tim's emails?

13. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

It was said a while ago that ISI would support when the demand was great (not exactly like that but that's the crunched down version)
    Not sure how great -great is

I pretty much think rf2 is not ISI main day to day work
    It's the stuff they have going on before rf2 was released that keeps them busy

I'm thinking 3rd party plug in will come first
    which I'm not to excited about due to it being limited ( menus & on screen displays etc I don't think can be altered to suit VR & of course our good friend ....the plug in dełay )

A dev posted "no rush" in the poll ......so I guess that's our answer from ISI

From what I've gathered for VR support :

Iracing -mid October
    Gsc2013 extreme & reiza truck -approx October end. (They are awaiting their dk2's:
    "We have ordered a kit and should start working on something as soon as we get it, hopefully it can be done for both GSC as well as FTruck")

LFS -supported & new update imminent
    ( not sure if pcars is full sim but it has support)

With decent support coming on Iracing & GSCE I'm happy to shelf rf2 until decent support shows up -if it ever does , running old spa in the bt20 in VR would be amazing

P.s Racing online in LFS it's easy to tell who is using VR as they look back at you whilst side by side
    The ones with monitors just have their heads froze forward (I don't like being side by side with these going into a corner!)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2014
  14. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Ps -fiddling with graphical settings in rf2 last using the single monitor

I was able to turn some if the settings in high -I don't know why some moan about rf2 graphics they look very good
    (On the better tracks)

Virtually maxed out 160fps-ish which I suspect is about the same I'd get on the rift

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2014
  15. crz

crz Registered

It is not a difficult question and we know ISI staff has seen this thread. Looks like a deliberate decision not to answer it, which can mean many things (not neccessarily bad). I think it would be best to leave it alone for a while because it only gets frustrating from a user perspective.

Keep in mind that we demand hardware support for a product which hasn't even been released yet. Officially nobody should be waiting for games supporting DK2 because we are all developing our own games for it, right?

16. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

It is a question of education and respect to answer when you are asked. Especially when it is the customer who is asking. For ISI, consumers seem to be those nerds who bought rF2 more than two years ago and disturb their concentration writing stupid posts, complaining about inexistent bugs and asking for features that they don't need just for the fun of criticizing ISI and rF2.

17. PaulG

PaulG Registered

I'm thinking Assetto Corsa has a good chance at hitting the October time frame. They're just in the middle of the graphics engine update and aren't taking away resources to patch in something that would soon be broken anyways.

So really, by the end of the year, it'll be incredibly likely that all the major sims support DK2 (with the exception of ISI).

Honestly, after spending a bit of time with DK2, I can't imagine any professional teams not making the switch to VR. So maybe that'll spur ISI to adapt VR support. Because anyone who's buying professional sims for driving/testing purposes is quickly going to move to someone who can meet this requirement (once they see how much superior it is).

18. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Paul

hiya, gosh I forgot AC ( I don't use it but I know it has a good following ) yes bet they'll be onboard soon too

as VR is much more natural than a static separate screen pretty much everything will go that way, we'll laugh at some of the current objections in the not to distance future for sure ( I've taken some snapshots of some posts just to review & show people later down the line )
    when movies started to include voice (previously silent) some people said it would never catch on lol

19. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

FYI, this is the kind of post that just got you banned, if anyone is curious.

20. thuGG

thuGG Registered

Wow, criticism = ban.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.