Oculus Rift over 100k DevKits sold -is ISI going to support with rf2 integration ??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adrianstealth, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

The Oculus SDK v0.4.0 Beta has been released!

You can download it now at https://developer.oculusvr.com/?action=dl.

Release Highlights
    Added DK2 Positional Tracking support.
    Introduced Oculus Runtime that is installed separately from the SDK. Runtime package includes the Oculus Config Utility, service and drivers.
    Introduced Oculus Display Driver under Windows that routes rendering output directly to the headset, with an option of mirroring it in a window.
    Added Health and Safety Warning screen that should be displayed on application start-up.
    Please make sure to update your DK2 firmware before you start using your new headset.

You can read the full release history at https://developer.oculusvr.com/?action=hist.

Please send any questions, comments, or feedback to support@oculusvr.com.

Thanks,

The Oculus Team
    www.oculusvr.com

2. Balles

Balles Registered

I ordered the DK2 on Mar 19, 2014 09:52 AM PDT. status is Processing this morning in France. Merry July Christmas to me ! ;)

3. crz

crz Registered

Not long and you can open your box :) I ordered on Mar 20, 2014 05:53 AM PDT and I really hope I wasn't too late for shipment in July.

4. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I've been promoted to "processing" too :D

5. Narrowbackwing

Narrowbackwing Registered

Very sweet mate , I ordered mine in Early June it will be a long wait for me :)

6. PaulG

PaulG Registered

My 12:15 PM PDT order has been sent to processing. Now I just need to wait for one of the big sims to update their support for DK2:)

If all he's using is 120Hz eyefinity, even DK2 low persistence mode should blow it out of the water in terms of motion resolution:)

http://www.blurbusters.com/persistence-vs-motion-blur/

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2014
  7. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I'm expecting mine to turn up next week, no idea if it will work with anything

I'm assuming there will be some specific DK2 demos, hopefully the racing sims will be compatible fairly quickly after

8. Adrian

Adrian Registered

From the latest oculus email

" We’re working out a minor snag for Oceanic customers"

:-( and I ordered like half an hour after the page went up. Though this does mean everything will be working once it turns up.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

9. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Good God, there's a gentleman in Hong Kong who has just received his DK2 and he also plays rf2 and with a t500.

I've left a comment in hopes he'd be willing to let me visit him.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2014
  10. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

The status of my order is this: :(

PENDING:Your order is pending. Please see the reason(s) below.

Error(s):*Your order is awaiting inventory before it can be fulfilled. We will notify you when it's about to be shipped.

11. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Don't worry, that could be tomorrow for all you know and the moment it goes green the product arrives like the day after or it can even arrive before it showns as green even.

12. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Hope he'll let you visit him! With your experience with LightBoost stuff etc you'd be just the right man to tell us simracers of how good or bad Oculus is for rFactor 2 at it's current state.

PS. Ask him to wipe off that milk stain (or whatever explanation he tells you) before sitting on that sofa. :)

13. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Great! Get yourself round there drriper !

We need a full report

(Hoping to get mine next week & can't wait ! )

14. NaveenB

NaveenB Registered

My DK2 just shipped today to FL USA, I can't wait to get RF2 going in the rift.

15. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

brill!

can't wait for reviews & first impressions hope you get it quickly M

16. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

No reply yet, fingers crossed.

17. PaulG

PaulG Registered

Same here. Was hoping it'd ship UPS Select and not ground though. I'm assuming your ETA is Thursday too. Hopefully it'll mean a lot of the software bugs will be worked out in the meantime.

18. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

Some developers have had the DK2 for a couple of months already but, were under NDA and have yet to update to the latest SDK. Now that it has been released, that should happen soon for some titles. Work-around's are being used to test some games already by those who have their DK2's but, almost no games work straight out of the box without some tweaks.

Early reports are saying that the braking-points are much easier to see, contrast and head-tracking are greatly improved over DK1. DK2 is not perfect, but the higher resolution and Low-Persistence is a significant improvement. The CV1 should make sim-racing even more fun. I have a DK2 on order but, I imagine that it'll be a month or more before I can try it for myself. Hopefully by then, most titles will have basic support in place.

19. Narrowbackwing

Narrowbackwing Registered

Yep i seen pCars have had it a month or two .

20. PaulG

PaulG Registered

It's a good point. I know there was an Oculus confirmed employee who posted something on Reddit about how awesome Assetto Corsa was on DK2 and how it'll sell a lot of wheels.

And yet, Kunos seemingly hasn't updated Rift support in forever. But they seem like they've been on the radar of Oculus for a while and would have been a good candidate for early dev kits. So maybe they will quickly roll out an update now that SDK .4 has been released.

We really don't know anything about the status of the racing sims. Only the guy in charge of Live for Speed has commented that he's trying to get DK2 support as quickly as possible. Ideally we'll see a number of sims with official support soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.