Oculus Rift over 100k DevKits sold -is ISI going to support with rf2 integration ??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adrianstealth, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adrian

Adrian Registered

Mine turned up a couple of days ago. Its awesome, my experience had been exactly like everyone else. Put it on, go holy-pixel-batman for about 5 seconds then never notice it again. It's crazy the first time you turn around in your seat and see the game world doesn't end, kind of hard to explain but its something you need to experience. I've made a couple of things in unity and they work pretty cool.

This is the only way to play games. It will be how we game in the future, nothing else comes close. I've been having lots of people try it out and for people that wear glasses it works fine, they will just lose a little FOV (or they can use the lenses).

Sorry about the disjointed post, its hard to put thought down about this, its just something everyone needs to try.

2. mark0spasic

mark0spasic Registered

That is cool and can you tell me is it working with rFactor2? And how it feels?

3. Adrian

Adrian Registered

no rfactor yet, played dirt 2 though its really cool, the thing that stood out the most was that elevation changes are much more pronounced than on screens.

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

its probably funny watching you whilst using it, I can imagine you're moving up and down with the elevation changes and left right and all that :D

5. Adrian

Adrian Registered

:D its exactly like that, even worse with flight games. Also watching people point at things that aren't there is priceless.

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

hahaha :D

7. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

You lucky bugger Adrian! ;)

Btw did you order it on kick starter or afterwards? I ordered my after in January so I'm at least 12,500+ down the waiting line and only 3-4000 orders have been fulfilled. :(

8. Craig Booth

Craig Booth Registered

Priceless! Good 'stuff' (pun intended).

Hopefully I'll be getting mine within the next few days. I'm a none developer and feel real bad for delaying ISI's Dev Kit.... Oh wait a minute?!

9. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Ordered mine jan 21st

So based on their current production speed & they've aparently shipped 3k units already

I'm hoping mine is due approx late June / 1st half of July latest

Then hoping support for racing sims will be fairly sharp

The consumer version (higher res & hopefully higher hz ) they've stated their aiming for Q3 - Q4 2014 by then hopefully they'll be a lot if support

10. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

lol, i thought i was talking to you...2 different adrians. :p

11. Marcos Orallo

Marcos Orallo Registered

I received my Rift a couple of weeks ago. I have tried to make it work with rF2 and the Vireio Perception driver, but no success.

Could anyone at ISI give some support for making it work? It could be a good interim solution until (if ever) rF2 supports the Rift natively.

12. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Marcos

ISI are awaiting delivery of their oculus rift ( I think they should receive around late July time )
    -hopefully some support will follow included in a new build swiftly after, can't wait.

13. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Gjon actually backed it. :) Still didn't get his though until now.

14. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

ISI just getting a dev kit, they don't have enough of the actual product to give them to devs.

15. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Let's hope he doesn't get lost in the world of virtual RF2 :D

I look forward to the retail version that is if it doesn't give me motion sickness! :)

16. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Im hyped for this thing, i hope your drivers head in rf2 copys exactly what your heads doing so i can shake my head at some shoddy driving. ;) Would be a must have for il2 cliffs of dover too.

17. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Imagine being able to look over at a driver next to you, and see their head turn towards you as well... that would be a bit surreal :)

18. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Haha that would be cool, i like listening to music when i race from time to time, what am i going to look like when a tune drops and head starts bopping? a right nob? lol ;)

19. DrMabuse1963

DrMabuse1963 Registered

20. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Well if you start flailing your hands up in the air with the razer controllers to... I'd laugh myself off the track :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.