Why do you play rF2?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kotakotakota, Jan 21, 2013.

1. coops

coops Banned

because all the rest at the moment feel like crap compared to rf2.

2. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

GSC 2012 doesn't feel like crap compared to rf2, in fact, it's much better for me with my G27.

3. rene-xmg

rene-xmg Registered

..because rf2 makes me smiling - doesnt matter if i am just alone on the track.
    its hard to drive something else when you have enjoyed rf2 once!

4. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Former stupid street racer, console entusiast racing games on the past and f1 lover. Didn't know about sim racinG games until i bought g27 2 years ago to play Gt5 wich came with rfactor dvd. Try once, didn't like. When i found on youtube videos of 1991 mod and the 1985 mod start to learning how to config rfactor.

5. Hagen Tröger

Hagen Tröger Registered

best driving expirience for me, it's like im sitting in the car :)

6. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

Because I can!

7. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

That's funny to hear now that i've just noticed how we all (myself included) comment on the FFB being the best without really giving the physics directly it's due credit/praise, since the quality of ffb is proportional linked to the quality of the physics models. If ffb = massively ahead of it's time....then physics model is most likely also the same leapfrog. :p

I wonder how many formula 1 teams are going to adopt rf2 pro.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2013
  8. Ricoo

Ricoo Registered

LFS->Race07->nKPro->GSC->rFactor 2

I play rFactor 2 because it has the best driving feel (including FFB) for me.

I tried iRacing, and I also play a bit of R3E and pCARS but don't tell anyone. lol

9. rikhindle

rikhindle Registered

I've been a huge motorsport fan all my life and I am very new to racing sims (very very new). I watched a few videos, read a few reviews, and rF2 looked and sounded great. It also contained what I was initially looking for in a racing sim... the desire to be realistic. I thought I'd get myself a decent wheel (DFGT) and a decent PC, and I wasn't disappointed! Great graphics, great realism and great fun! I'm looking forward to future mods!

10. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

I like racing. I have no money to put towards real world racing. I'm too old to be looked at to start a career in racing to gain support. I might like dabbling in game mods more than I like actually playing games. ISI never tried to sue the community that supports its product. ISI gave me a platform to build things. ISI is a Michigan based company. I like learning. Learning how to mod a vehicle has taught me so much about actual vehicle dynamics. rF2 is the next evolution, it only makes sense to support it and run with it.

11. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Easy.

Because I cant race in real life anymore due to money.

So I choose the most realisitic sims to give me my dose of racing that I need. Once you do it in real life, then all of a sudden stop, its like having sex and then never being able to do it again, its like a drug.

I also use it to keep improving and keeping sharp incase my career ever gets started again ( I have hope!).

Why specifically RF2?

Because I feel it has the best overall physics of all driving sims. Overall. Some sims might do some things a little better, but overall, by far, RF2 gives me by far the best experience, and most related to real life experience that I can get, specifically in terms of pure physics.

Game Stock Car feels awesome, but I can feel the physics just arent up to the level of detail and complexity as RF2, sure it may "feel" great, and the physics, regardless of feel, I think are very very good as well, but then once I drove RF2, I realised that the overall dynamics of the RF2 physics modelling is just on another level now compared to the rest.

Netkar Pro, I cant stand. It feels very direct in terms of steering and FFB, and once you get the rear out saving the slide is very natural and great, but thats it, the rest of the 99% of the time you are driving (when you are not saving big slides) I think it is crap. I cant feel the car talking to me about what it is doing, what it is about to do, the car looks like it is a static image painted on your screen which gives no info to roll, pitch, etc etc. I just rely on audio and whatever visual cues I can get (no wonder some of the tyre sounds are soooo loud in this game, the dev probably knows too that you cant feel crap without the audio speaking to you). The F1600 in it is one of the worst sim cars I have ever driven, EVER. The very sharp and direct ffb gives a very good initial impression, but once I start forgetting about that and just concentrate on driving, the game is a joke and probably in my mind the most over-rated sim in history. Im taking a different line and doing completely different things with the car every corner of every lap, every corner is a "lets see what the heck is going to happen now" moment. Its not like that in real life, I could lap using very similiar lines and within half a second of my lap times constantly. I can also do this in RF1, GSC, LFS, iRacing, and so on, but nope, not in NK Pro. Maybe I am on to something and that is why Kunos is making a brand new scratch made physics and tyre model for Assetto Corsa (Thank God).

Going back to RF, I have to admit though, the head shake and vibrations in the RF1 cars and the very, very, very early builds of RF2 gave a much more realistic "experience" of what it is to drive race cars in real life. I miss that, it kept me sharp in regards to the whole "bad vision, everything vibrating and shaking" that you would get in real life, but I guess I am just lazy as I can always edit those numbers in the files.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2013
  12. Tony

Tony Registered

Nice post Spinelli, & from a real-life racer ..currently resting ;)

13. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

In best posh voice " It is not a game, it is a simulation " ........... used to get tarred and feathered for that one. lopl

What no pCARS in da history mate > :confused: < lopl

Gpl > rf > rf2 me 3. p

Why RF2?
    You say why I say why not ?

14. Jux

Jux Registered

I am just regular gamer. (actually quite a irregular one)
    I like different kind of games and particularly the ones that evolve in simulation.
    For example NBA 2K series is wonderful basketball simulation. Men of War is WW2 tactical combat simulation. Mount and Blade is good medieval fighting and I also like racing simulations. I am not very good sim racer though.
    But I also like others, that are well done like SC2.

I hate all that is (cheap) mainstream in gaming industry and also arcade racing games.

15. SVO

SVO Registered

In the real world driving these cars won't happen. In my fantasy simulation... I am the king of the road. LOL

Grand Prix Legends -- Great game way ahead of its time.
    NASCAR Racing 99 -- Started enjoying the oval courses.
    NASCAR Racing 2003 -- Raced for several years competitively. Pretty cool rating system if you avoided the Tally/Tona wrecks
    NASCAR SimRacing 2005 -- Can't offer much here. Donated money and hated it.
    rFactor 2005 -- Discovered this gaming platform that allowed our NASCAR mods, and a plethora of road courses and cars.
    rFactor2 -- I've owned this since its BETA inception. Love it! Race it! Wreck it! I really really want NASCAR on it though. :(

A small group of mine also dabble in GRID, Dirt 2, Flatout 2, Flatout Carnage, etc. just for kicks and laughs. Except for ARMA2, or Flight Simulator X, my life is rFactor2 now almost exclusively.

16. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Wow I'm very surprised you haven't bought arca sim racing. You should honestly try it if you havent. It's real good, still getting updated too I believe.

17. SVO

SVO Registered

Oops.... I have ARCA Simracing as well. Bought it a few years ago, but haven't played it much.

18. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

GPL>virtualy every sim or arcade racing game ever released in the galaxy>RF2

Ok maybe not every game but allot. i like to mix it up between goofing arround and serious stuff and i used to be a gamer, not so much anymore.

Last couple of years mainly rfactor because the one thing that is most important for me is beeing able to race online with other peeps, and because my league does rf1 mostly thats the platform i am focussing on.

I abuse RF2 on and off, usualy allot when we organise an rf2 event but when we dont my interest fades abit.
    And of course with new builds, then things become interesting again :)

The best thing so far about rf2 is doing an event in our league with it and then switching back to rf1 for the next event. then i realy have to get my head arround the differences and i have to force myself to stick with it and not return to rf2 (because championship points etc)
    I can't do both at the same time, well not seriously anyways. and that in itself is a good indication on what i can expect from rf2 in the future.

19. Hectari

Hectari Registered

> means greater than, -> is an arrow, please be careful as it's just another thing for people to misinterpret with rf2 being at the end of all these > signs..

20. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

I would find it hilarious if people misinterpret an arrow and start flaming eachother for 10 pages long or untill Tim throws a fit :p