when?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tiger, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Domi

Domi Registered

What's exactly the problem with "tyres temperature" ?

2. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

(for everyone allready in) paying starts in:

June 2014
    June 2014 - 12 months = June 2013
    June 2013 = not yet

Answer to your question = No

3. David Almiron

David Almiron Registered

Hello, I run for several years in racing simulators, Race 07, rfactor 1, game stock car, and no, nothing compares to rfactor 2 beta. I just can not
    more run in any of them deleted all of my pc. single and I said that maybe I might be of some pleasure Assetto corsa, but are promises. People complain but have on hand the best product in the world but in the hands. Of course we want things to walk faster, I want more content and some physical hits on some cars, but I think we have to go online and enjoy what we have and not be crying.

4. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Google Translator?
    Anyways, +1 to what ever he just said.

And I want new smileys for the forums, NOW... or I'll hold my breath till you give in.

5. otirc

otirc Registered

6. philmcqueen

philmcqueen Registered

+1000Yes, yes and yes .Yes is the best product !!! No one simracing game give this SO REAL DRIVING SENSATIONS .......

So for those as TIGER ,I think 2013 will be a good "vintage"......So donĀ“t shake it to much and listen this nice music....To relax......

7. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Have any of you whiners tried the game? It's fun! Go play it. :)

8. tjc

tjc Registered

Golanv...

Not trying to be a smart ass here as I know your native tongue is not English and after all, it may just be a typo, but I think you mean threads instead of threats?

Threat - a statement of an intention to inflict pain, injury, damage, or other hostile action on someone in retribution for something done or not done:

Thread - a group of linked messages posted on an Internet forum that share a common subject or theme.

Oxford Dictionary.

As I say, not being smart, it`s just that the two words have completely different meanings. :)

9. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Thanks tjc, I'm pretty sure I made this typo sometimes too...

Anyway, sometimes I think we can call some threads as threats as it seems it's used by some people who like to inflict some pain, injury, damage and other hostile action... ;)

10. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Nope. Technically you can't call something that has already happened a threat, which must be about something that hasn't happened yet :p

11. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Oh ok, thanks for the explanation :)

12. tjc

tjc Registered

:)

13. doug484

doug484 Registered

Yes, I agree, I've been thinking this for a while - this is just a $40 product. Why are people behaving as if they paid $4,000?

It's just a computer game. In the long term scheme of our lives it is very insignificant. Fun, yes, but no one's death will be caused by having to wait for tire temperatures or rain droplets on your windshield.

I'm not trying to insult anyone. I am suggesting a little perspective.

14. brabham67

brabham67 Registered

It's the internet. Peeps will complain about anything. I remember guys grousing about the rf2's minimum requirements before the beta was released. They didn't like the fact that the sim wouldn't likely run very well in the PC they've been using since 2005.

There is no sense in ISI even providing an estimate as to the time it will take to add content, features, ect.. Anytime you make a change during development or add features, you could find other problems that pop up as a result of the change or said new features. If that happens then they'd miss their estimated release date, and then there would be a bunch more forum threads complaining. It is what it is.

15. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Thank you djg.
    I have issues, as alot of finns do with d<->t, g<->c, v<->w, p<->b, when concerning certain words. So I wouldnt take a correction like this as a smart ass comment, but as an educational one. Especially from you cause youre so nice, look at you how you went thru all that trouble to not offend anyone, thats just beautiful. :p
    Besides, I blame the language anyways so...

16. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

what's wrong is "tire temperature", it's inconsistent, rarely does tire temps have a "rhyme or reason".
    I have used Race2Play's SetUp Developer in a few sims to set up suspensions using tire temps enough to know that SetUp Developer is pretty trustworthy as far as using tire temps for setting camber springs etc for tire grip.

But not in rF2 yet. Tire temps are just unreliable right now.

Having stated that, I'm satisfied at the moment with what we do have (at the moment). rF2's FFB is adorable, as far as I'm concerned.

When the tire model is finished it will be grand. Then setup work and its results will be more "traditional" instead "well, its a pretty good setup, even with funky tire temps."

17. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Depends on where they are measured.

I did a simple test once - started burning tires to give them high temperature. Then I started rolling slowly (~25 km/h). When I stopped, tire temperature went up by 25-30 degrees. When I started rolling it went down again. Then up again when I stopped.

This may seem to be some kind of error, but it's not. That was the surface temperature and as I was rolling slowly, tire was exchanging temperature with road surface and was cooling down. When I stopped, head from inside the tire was increasing the temperature of it's surface again.

So you need to be aware which temperature you're actually looking at, because tire surface temperature will change all the time. You can do 5 laps and check temperatures. Then do 5 laps again, but stop the car in different part of circuit and surface temperatures may be different.

Unless there's something else I don't know of :)

18. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

I think part of the issue is related to the way rF2 measures the tire temps.

Ie, atm rF2 if i remember well, measures only the superficial temp, and that brings to unusual results.

I find helpful to use the TGM display btw, which is rough but it is built on the new tire model.
    Still superficial temps, but i guess tuned on the new tire model.

19. Domi

Domi Registered

Surface temperatures changes very quickly IRL as well. Maybe not so *extreme* as in rF2, but kind of.

Btw, even in rFactor tire temps readings weren't really useful to make the best setup (regarding I/M/O figures). If you were really setuping the car (cambers and so) to make them work as the R2P setup developer said, you weren't really getting the best of the tires, most probably.

20. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

In rF1 (from my experience with some mods) the only thing that mattered was to achieve the best avarage temperature (on whole tyre, not every single section of it) to get most grip, nothing more. How you did it wasn't important at all. Of course setup could influence wear but getting most grip was down to getting tyres to optimum temperature no matter how.

In rF2 (to my pleasure, because I'm setup freak. I could sit for days and tweak settings just to make the tyres last one lap more without losing any speed) things are different. What matters most is contact patch and loads on each particular tyre. Getting most of those 4 black magic things is down to loading them to the limit without overloading them because that create huge amounts of temperature (due to losing and regaining grip and friction that comes with it). What you want to have is 4 tyres with maximum contact patch avaible with delta temperature nearest to the optimum.

Right now it is a bit flawed but it works giving us "give-or take" right reactions. However how you pointed out right now they are heating to *extreme* temps. Even if it is surface temp it is still to wonky. I guess it is down to unfinished contact patch code alongside with not entirely working tyre pressures. We can have a better idea once it gets sorted out. Right now getting the best setup by reading tyre temps and so on is not useful. It can provide additional info but nothing more.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2013