The sunglass-style Wrap™ 1200VR

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by David Almiron, Jan 11, 2013.

1. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

OK so there shouldn't be problems without vsync because it's only few horizontal 1 pixel high lines that would contain distorted 3D. However fast vertical panning (looking up/down) will probably look bad without vsync because screen is drawn first from left to right - not from up to down. However when racing there's hardly any looking up and down, at least not fast head movements, so shouldn't bother us simracers.

Do you know if rFactor 2 is already capable of providing 3D or is it graphics adapter which does the job without any additional work from game/graphics engine and Tridef just converts the 3D image to side-by-side 3D? How are those separated images created? I mean if the original image has screen ratio of 16:9 will it be same in the final image shown by Oculus? If so then there's some horizontal stretching via optics?

2. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

nVidia, with it's ability to make something 3D that isn't native 3D is likely doing it's own work on the graphics card, not taking information straight from the game.

3. Pauli Partanen

Pauli Partanen Registered

Dont know about 3d in rfactor or about tridef. But you can try tridef for free at their website and see how image looks in your screen. I guess it's stretched. There is other 3d drivers for oculus, but I think they don't support rfactor.

4. taufikp

taufikp Registered

@postipate, why do you take a 3 screens route? IMO, using 2 screens is enough to create 3d effect similar to Oculus Rift. Oh, maybe you just want to use the tri-screen setup in a HMD device? Cool! Can't wait for your result :D

5. Pauli Partanen

Pauli Partanen Registered

Im not going to make 3d experience :) it's more like 2d tri-screen setup with head tracking, but mounted to head.

But if this thing is going to be too heavy, I can sell xtra panels to somebody. Seems like my panels will arrive next week. After few tests I can comfirm that image will be same size as looking my 50 inch tv from 30cm distance! I really hope this could work.