Upcoming ISI Content List

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kotakotakota, Jan 10, 2013.

1. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

^Mak-Corp did the 2004 BMW recently.

2. Minibull

Minibull Member

Yeah I know, I was just referring to ISI work though, getting a nice sweep of many generations of F1 cars.

3. Navigator

Navigator Registered

I read thas the Indycar may come before the Indy 500........
    That would be a day to remember :)

4. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Looking forward to Indianapolis road course, not really into ovals but they are good in part (as part of a road course)
    Hope ISI hold onto release until each configuration is ready

5. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Yea, Pleas ISI release the Road Course along with the Oval layout:) Driving on the oval would be very annoying for me.....

6. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

+1

I find oval racing extremely dull but I'm really looking forward to the road course.

7. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

I must say I don't understand the last few posts..... If the Oval is ready, but the Road Course isn't yet, then why NOT release the oval??? I don't see any reason for it.

If you go to a bakkery to buy a cake, then the customer in front can't have his cake until your cake is ready as well??? Even though holding on to his cake doesn't mean your cake will be done any sooner??? Just let him enjoy his cake when it's ready, and when yours is ready you can enjoy yours too :p

PS: Used cake as an example, since I think we are up for a treat. :)

8. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I think the thought is (rightly or wrongly) that the road course will take longer to release if the oval is put out alone

I'm sure the oval will be quality but it seems that a lot of others (as well as me) are really awaiting the road configs(s)
    & will not have much use for the oval

also it's a real treat when a few configs are released at once ( like the kart track ) so I'd prefer to wait until it's ready as a complete track with all configs

I'm sure this will be a much needed quality addition to the small pool of rf2 (quality) tracks

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2014
  9. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Forget the track; the car should do just fine ;)

10. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

the Charolette Motor Speedway road course ( inner road that includes some of the oval ) is one of my most favourite tracks in iracing, I look forward to this coming to rf2 -it's on the track list but not sure if it's still happening ?
    the track surface is very lively with a lot of character

although I'm kind of hoping that Indianapolis road will be just as good

11. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

There are no cars to be matched up with the track. The idea seems to be have both track and vehicles released together as they'd go hand in hand.

12. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

I can't agree with people saying releasing oval without road course makes no senseoval shouldn't be released without road course. You guys already have different tracks available, so it's just one more track for you.
    Those of us waiting for oval content have nothing yet. So releasing oval means much more for us - it "unlocks" new kind of racing in rF2. If you don't like ovals, you have other tracks already.

Of course I don't believe any post on this forum can change ISI's plans at this stage of IMS development :) I just find these posts a bit selfish. Even if oval fans are not the majority, they should not be ignored every single time. And I don't believe we will be :)

13. Ekimelyobo

Ekimelyobo Registered

I wasn't too keen on karting... until a couple of weeks ago...

14. Daytona 675

Daytona 675 Registered

+1 K Szczech.
    Like many Europeans compete in an oval does not draw much attention, see a race on TV sometimes becomes monotonous, but the day we organized a mini Nascar championship with rf1 everything changed in my mind,in the fisrt race only few drivers (a few friends) much mess with the safety car, the whole grid taking advantage of a safety car to change wheels at once (as I have seen in reality) the pressure riding together, many accidents and 64 laps later the race was decided on the last curve of the last lap for 6 thousandths. Very fun and challenging.
    Since then this form of racing has all my attention, at least from my cockpit view (not on tv, perhaps from the stands with a beer too) :D
    Hoping to relive moments like this soon in rf2.

[​IMG]

15. NWDogg

NWDogg Registered

I agree completely. And oval fans may not YET be the majority...but that's only because we don't have any ovals to race on yet!

I believe, if I'm not mistaken, that ISI's current plan is to release Indy along with the DW12 Indycar...a car perfectly matched up with the Indy oval. Built specifically for this track in mind, in fact...the road course is just an afterthought in both design of the car (RC didn't exist yet), and design of the track (it's always been an oval, this is just another random iteration of the road course.) Even still, the RC was designed specifically for the DW12 Indycars this past year, so it makes no sense to release that part without the car, and the oval!

16. capetuso

capetuso Registered

I don't do much oval but my mates in iracing say it is very fun. I've done only a few races and it's not bad at all.

17. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Who said the oval was ready?

18. 88mphTim

And probably unoptimized until layouts are more advanced. *cough* Silverstone first release *cough*

19. 88mphTim

There's a third party Mid-Ohio, etc. But the car isn't ready yet, track was started WAY before the car.

20. Woodee

Woodee Registered

It takes a different approach from road courses. If you are two wide around Daytona, that is more than enough to keep ones mind active ;)