Thinking of switching

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Doering, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Doering

Doering Registered

I currently play F1 2012 on a PC. There is a lack of racers in the lobbies and I am therefore looking into rFactor and iRacing.
    Are there F1 circuits and cars in rFactor2?
    THX

2. osella

osella Registered

At the moment not really. Honestly if you mainly want to play F1 cars on F1 tracks, look elsewhere.

When full version will be release everything will change though, rF1 was the best sim for openwheel racing imo, much better than those specialized F1 titles. But it's gonna take a few years maybe from now.

3. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

Not a lot, there is British GP and Bahrain is in the works (no released yet), there is also Monaco but from 1966 or something.

Also since it is beta there are not a lot of racers in rF2 so you might want to look elsewhere.

4. Doering

Doering Registered

Thanks for the info and advice guys!

5. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

There is also:
    Portugal
    Malaysia
    Canada
    (Canada is converted from RF1)

But I think you will have the same problem with lack of racers in the lobbies due to where you live.

6. Richard Chmielewski

Richard Chmielewski Registered

rFactor1 has many Formula 1 cars in it. From many different eras. From very old GP cars, to modern ones, there is more then a few to choose from. Plus all the tracks you could ever want.

Although in f1 2012 you get the entire package, all wrapped up in a nice and pretty wrapping paper, the physics and realism of rFactor1 is worth the work.

You would have to find and download the mods and tracks you want to run. I think you will very much enjoy it. I am sure there are lots of folks online too.

Just google search some leagues, and I bet you will find something!

7. TTupsi

TTupsi Registered

Marussia coming soon ;)

8. Spyder

Spyder Registered

Give iRacing a go, I love RF2 but for close competitive online competition iRacing is top dog ;)

9. osella

osella Registered

This, unfortunately it's also true that many rF1 mods have bad physics, then again F1 games aren't hyper realistic either.

10. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Same applies to rf2 afaiac ;)

11. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

How so? No current F1 cars, and very few tracks. I'm sure they will come sooner or later, but at the moment there is not much for a fan of Formula One. Same with touring cars, I have to go elsewhere to scratch that itch. Be a while yet before rF2 is all things to all men in the way rF1 and it's immediate family are. One day Nicos just not quite yet :) Oh! I should be able to Join you for the next fun race, no club race for me this Sunday :D

12. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Double post

13. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Fingers crossed rf2 will have a really good f1 mod coming (with f1 tracks complete)

Using the advanced features of rf2 this would be phoniminal .......guess it will be after gold release

....come on gold !!!!

Iracing's f1 is good but IMO rf1 has some better mods & a complete f1 track pack
    Iracing online structure s unbeatable at the moment though, maybe if you find a good online league in rf1 then maybe that will be the way to go whilst awaiting progress in rf2

14. osella

osella Registered

I'd say Nikos meant it more as a joke, as there are obviously nearly no F1 tracks and no historic cars either - except 60s cars..

15. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

No, Im sorry, its not a joke afaiac, I have formulae sims here, F1 tracks are here, Malaisia and Portugal are the finest Ive seen in any sim so far, I have an incredible historic Spa, same goes for Monza (Brianza), I have a fantastic modern F2 (not to mention Renaults and Nissans), I have historic f1s, F2s and F3s, all of them done tons better than GPL, well, I didnt expect so much when I bought the sim, but to top it all, I have the most rewarding physics I could imagine, scrubing my front tyres into bends, and feeling that in my palm, is something I never felt in rf1, regardless of tons of amazing mods there, which mods, I sencerely hope will eventually arrive here too.

Again Im sorry, but because of rf2, I havent fired up my beloved FSX for months, this is how it is, again afaic.

16. osella

osella Registered

But you can't say there is a lot of various F1 cars now, I am talking purely about quantity not quality which is mostly great in rF2. Where is modern spa, hungaroring, suzuka, monza, do I need to go on. There is only 60s F1 and modern F2 but no F1 from 70s till today (I don't count unauthorized 88F1 mod which sucks anyway), how is that plenty?

I'm not whining, there is pleeeeenty of time to get all of those, just saying there's lots of content now doesn't compute imo.

If one wants to play whole season, heck even half a season, he must go for rf1.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2013
  17. Redpxl

Redpxl Registered

the OP is clear on what he is looking for, distorting truth will only result in a disappointed customer
    better say things as they are so he can take an advised decision

rF2 is in between a beta, alpha, gold, evolving stage, with random updates
    I highly enjoy the driving experience, but if someone is specifically looking for online action, it might not be the best choice at the moment.

Best is look at current numbers (unless you can race at European time zones you might find very few people online)
    http://rfactor.net/rf2mm.php

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2013
  18. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

There are, but not a full season or anything close, yet. If it's only F1 you want - that is. You might actually be happier with rFactor1 at the moment, if you are new to the community, have you considered that?

19. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

20. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

There are actually more than a handfull of F1 tracks (or tracks that used to be on the F1 calendar). Also, there is an F1 car at the moment, and a new one comming soon that will be a different model, therefore providing different physics/driving experience.

There are also lower open wheel Formula cars.

But if you just want to play online with tons of people I dont think RFactor 2 is at that stage yet as it is still in a development phase, basically the game is still being made, but unlike how most of the times the game gets made behind closed doors, with RF2 we get to help with the testing of it. Therefore there are sometimes bugs, glitches, problems, changes, etc.

When RF2 goes "gold" (actually finished and released like a normal video game/sim) then, trust me, you will be online all day and night racing people in F1 cars from all different years and eras, on tracks from all different years and eras.

At the moment though its not at that level yet, we're still in "testing the game is its constantly being worked on and changed" mode. :)