FPS and Mirrors

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Miro, Jan 8, 2013.

1. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

hmm... I had this problem too but I don't remember what I did if it wasn't that one.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I'm from Australia. 'Mate' here (and in a few other countries) is a common way to refer to a single person, much like 'buddy', 'dude', 'bro', 'G', 'pal', etc etc ... might be used elsewhere (or here). You said 'guys' to refer to the group, some people are happy to use 'guy' as a singular but it doesn't feel right to me. 'Mate' doesn't mean we're mates or I want to mate.

With that out of the way, I don't know how that's possible. I don't know what setting or processing could be affecting it in the mirrors, and whether something you don't use means you don't get the same drops as other people.

I'm not sure what you mean about numbers - if someone is getting 120fps and turns their mirrors on and it drops to 70fps (just a hypothetical example) something is obviously happening, or the number wouldn't change. For sure it doesn't explain 'why', but it's certainly a 'what'.

Your post, short as it was, didn't make it clear if you were asking for clarification that people were really getting that much of an FPS drop from the mirrors (maybe you intended to ask what percentage change there was, since a 50FPS drop from 70FPS is huge but from 700FPS isn't), or you doubted that what they were saying was true. The 'Guys, really?' I think would usually be taken as the latter. And since that would seemingly ignore the 2 and a half pages of posts saying that, yes, really, people are getting big enough FPS drops to post in a thread about it, I feel my "Mate, really?" was justified. If you had actually contributed to the discussion in some way I wouldn't have posted.

3. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

lol, it will always feel weird, though. XD

I just think it would be more useful to post info about what is being tried rather than saying "This sucks, it drops half the frames, fix it!". I don't have the problem myself, but I'd like to know too. I can post about Silverstone running badly for me, but it's not helping in any way if I don't try anything.

I guess those who have been playing for a long time forget that they are beta testers.

4. tjc

tjc Registered

Afaik (and I could be wrong, obviously) I think this was/is just a bug...

Having said that though I don`t seem to see the seat anymore when I`m driving and use the look back button but I`ve noticed it still happens when the AI are in control.

5. Jorgen

Jorgen Registered

I just did some tests with different values on these player file parameters:

Code:
    Rearview Cull="1" // Whether to cull objects in the rearview based on visgroups in the SCN file
    Rearview_Front_Clip="0.50000" // Front plane distance for mirror (0.0 = use default for scene)
    Rearview_Back_Clip="0.00000" // Back plane distance for mirror (0.0 = use default for scene)
    Unfortunately there was no difference at all in FPS drop as far as I could see. Bummer...

6. Iwan

Iwan Registered

i have a nvidia gtx 590 and about 15-20FPS drop when i enable mirros, no solution found yet, tried different nvidia inspector settings etc etc. also overall performance of my gtx 590 in RF2 is really bad :-/ only about 50 FPS with middle/high settings when i am alone on track

7. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

8. Scott Beck

Scott Beck Registered

Please fix the mirrors ISI. The FPS drop is just to much. If you could enable virtual mirrors without the car mirrors being on, that would be great. There must be a way to do that.

9. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I get a few fps difference.

New F2 @Silverstone

No mirrors - 85
    Cockpit + Virtual - 83
    Cockpit -83

10. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

Mirrors don't effect my frame rate much either. 4% at best.

11. speed1

speed1 Banned

I would please ISI to change something on this soon if possible and not only because of Performance, more about the choice of QA. Maybe a option in the graphics setup menue with 3 levels of QA like low, mid and high resolution. Apart from that i get flashing mirrors on some cars like the Meganes left and right outter mirrors.

12. 7xu5

7xu5 Registered

clear that this game is hardly going to get out of beta. too many problems in too many places in their gmotor.
    Examples: Poor optimization of anti aliasing, bad optimization in mirrows. Low quality in graphics, Bad optimization if You dont have a ultimate Nidia graphics board. Bad rain, Bad brake smoke, And much moré

Isi continues to add content to an engine that does not work well. Why not solve software performance issues before continuing adding things that do not work well?.

I have rfactor 2 from the first day of the beta, has been more than a year and this does not improve the speed of work shown in this year, and with the few things I have been able to cear or repair this year. Isi get? Implement improvements in their simulator? Terms will take to implement these improvements?.

In one Year we have only one a 2013 circuit ,silverstone, but consumes almost all system resources. And I thought that in 2013 the power of computers would allow us to play anything and it turns out that we need century xxv technology to move ​​rFactor2 ,actually it's a little shame. At least give it to me if I worked in Isi.

Greetings from a customer unhappy with their work.

Pd: And no, I will not miss this project, seeing the lousy job they are doing. I will wait until the end of the beta. to truly appreciate the work of ISI.

13. speed1

speed1 Banned

Guys have it a specific reason why the outside mirrors are lower QA as the center mirror in car while the cars diameters look off like the resolution is wrong. I've tryed to edit the mirrors.bmp in the mas file but it doesnt change anything as it was possible with the older gmotor engine. I've done this mod for GTR2 in the past with diff resolutions where people have had the choice to save performance or increase the QA but if i do this with rf2 the esc key doesnt work anymore apart from that it haven't any effect on the QA.

14. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

Content is beeing developed with the core side by side simultanously. The one side is not holding up the other side.

15. raekwon

raekwon Registered

+100000
    and the problem is that rf2 its not in BETA anymore...

16. Iwan

Iwan Registered

any news on this problem?

17. deathofmarat

deathofmarat Registered

There's two ways someone can take this :
    -Positively
    "Then this must be foreshadowing that the next build will have some hefty optimizations!"

-Negatively
    "Then you missed a damn good opportunity to have atleast an excuse for charging us money for this horrendously running game."

...and I'm feeling both ways right now.

18. speed1

speed1 Banned

Any news on any problem ?

19. redapg

redapg Registered

I know that it don't belongs into this thread exactly but...
    If you only compare the use of RAM from running dedic's of rF1 and rF2 you can see a possible reason more.

Example:
    rF1 with Nordschleife V2.2a and a single car mod: 117 MB

rF2 with Portugal GT and a single car mod: 385 MB

It's no wonder, because the quality of everything has increased.
    Higher count of polys in models of cars and trackparts (more detailed), bigger textures, maybe higher setted LOD's too and lower using of VisGroups....

IMO it's better to have a sim that runs smoothly with less grafical quality, than a HQ sim with runs like a slideshow.
    But i am sure it will get better :).

20. GauchoRS

GauchoRS Registered

try this
    Rearview_Back_Clip="60.00000" // this shows only cars and track up to 60 meters behind you. the rest you never should care about ...