A few changes, including refund policy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

which annoying issues are they Tim?...as i and others still have a very long list

BTW..while your game files are sprayed with comments like "soon to be implemented" or "will be replaced in the future" ...shes still beta

2. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

Now that rFactor2 isn't beta anymore...
    Ready or not...where are my GT cars?
    And I want them to be golden!

I demand!! ;)

P.S. Don't take this too seriously, I'm at work and it's 2am here. :)

3. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Priceless :D

4. SCampbell

SCampbell Registered

You can call it whatever you want. Its not finished, and if its released as a full game, then it should be noted that there is a lot to be done. This is traditionally why people use the word "beta". Releasing it as a full game means you are 100 percent there, the rest is tweaks and miscellaneous fixes for small items. This is the traditional philosophy of most game developers.

I'm not saying that it cannot become really good after full release. I'm just saying that the terminology, or lack thereof, threw some people for a loop because we are breaking conventions here. :)

5. kotakotakota

kotakotakota Registered

Hmm... Well, I was hoping I'd be at least a little good at this by the time it hit gold XD

I'm excited for gold to hit, but I do hope it isn't too soon... Much of the racing sim community is very quick to judge a title, and I would have liked to have seen a few more improvements first for rFactor 2/ISI's sake. I know development will continue at the same pace after the initial release but there are definitely quite a few things that would be nice to see polished, and as of 134, still a lot of bugs to be dealt with.

6. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Personally I liked it better when it was called rf2 beta because then we could wait all the things Wajdi said to the "gold" version. But now when it is rf2 and the developement is a continious process (as it were before) then we can not be sure what we get this year. Before, I believe that we could wait for all those things Wajdi mentioned implemented somehow before the end of 2013 and call the rf2 version "gold". Now maybe ISI could just implement some of the things after 5 years because it is a continious project.

I DO NOT BELIEVE that this will happen but the fear is strong :D

7. FatCity

FatCity Registered

Hey Tim, can you please leave any Forum changes for a week or so, otherwise we are going to get another 4 or 5 pages of why hasnt the Bealphagold version of RF2 been released.

P.S I want it now!!!!!! I paid my money.........where is it? I,ve worn out my 3 versions of RF1 and I want my money back!!!!

PSML.

8. Spyder

Spyder Registered

If I was Tim I'd change the forum name to Rfactor2 Pre-Alpha, that should stem the hysteria.

9. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

I wonder why people are not aware of how "entitled" they sound? So, you paid a small amount of money. Please explain how that entitles you to order around software houses? Me thinks there is going to be a hardcore group who will remain eternally disappointed, simply because the imaginary sim in their head was not recreated down to the last bit by ISI. Who are you to demand what features are in or out anyway? Think about it like this:

ISI would be well within their rights to simply ban you, and block you from the network. No refund. No reason. You may not LIKE that fact - it might even be arbitrarily unfair - but that IS within their rights AND abilities. At least then, you would never have to worry about rF2 again ;)

From such a perspective, you realise it was just a small amount of money, a small gamble (that YOU made). The software is actually pretty good, and the development trajectory - while slow - has shown progressive, incremental improvement. 90% of the hard work is done - but that 90% has taken many years. We should expect that the last 10% will come just as slowly, and seem slower.

It is still THE most "drivable" software experience ANYWHERE. It has no current competition that you can switch to, for a similar or better experience in pure sim driving.

My name is Adam, and I was an rF2 beta tester for a year.

10. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

maybe if the beta tag was taken away at the start of a new build it wouldnt seem so absurd

@Nand ...the price of the game has nothing to do with it...what may be cheap for you isnt for others

11. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Without ambitious gamers and their "demands" there would not be such good games. Often the ideas behind games come from the people who play games (or sims). So demands/ideas/succestions are needed in my opinion. Developers could get blind to flaws or shortcomings of their own product. But you always have to remember good behaviour. There can be rules to how people should express themselves but you can not forbid them to give critisism if it is somehow justified. Why would we not recieve feedback also on some features (not only bugs) if ISI has no hurry putting things together.

I agree with Nand Gate that rf2 is "still THE most "drivable" software experience ANYWHERE". But that does not mean that we should give up hoping that rf2 will reach its full potential (by having a mature conversation about that potential).

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2013
  12. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

rFactor v1255 was, for sure not rF v1020.

LOL still i remember a bug in rF v1020 ... when a driver was leaving the server, his car stayed on track in the last position before the disco! ... and good luck the car was trasparent LOL.

rF v1255 was released in 2008, if i remember well, about 3 years later than the first release.

I mean, we yet are users and testers, so nothing changes for us if the status label goes to gold with some features not completed or not 100% tuned.
    The same exatle thing happened with rF (software released in a immature status, how evidenced by v1255), with the difference that rF2 is more complex, having more features.

13. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

In my remembers I enjoyed the demo with only one car and one track (Toban & ZR) and the demo was more complete than the feature in build 134 at this time. That is the point I want to show. I played every days since the game release with the demo in online without blocking bugs or partial feature that can annoying me.

If it's only to get a rF2 with less performance than rF1 and with new feature not finished, no interest to switch from rF1 to rF2.
    The new feature added are great and part of the rF2 new status for me. Without these new features mature enough to be used (I don't expect 0 bug, but normal usage) rF2 will not be used as a game, but as an experimentation, so a beta :)

Sorry to say same things, but it's a fact. I'm a huge fan of rF1, I'm a huge fan of rF2, but at this stage rF2 is not a finished game usable to replace rF1. And rF2 in the mind of the players is to replace rF1. And it's not a question of money, it's a question of respect from the rF1 addicts we are. What you sell us in the beta is great and what we need to progress, but it need to be mature to be used every day by racers.

For me the feature to be matured are to be a good addition from rF1:
    + Meteo:
    - missing the rain projection behind the wheels
    - missing water on the screen/helmet
    - missing wash of the rubber after rain (at this time you get the same amount of rubber than before the rain
    - Working wippers

+ Collision:
    - Damage deformation working as for rF1 (not active at this time?)

+ Packaging system
    - Remove the dependence of track? (or not if ISI don't want)
    - Allow modders to update their own mods, at this time I can't :( and wait for support

+ Physics
    - Reference tires TGM provided by ISI to help modders
    - Documentation for the new physics features (Engine, tires ...)

+ Graphics
    - Equivalent look as rF1 is when the new feature like HDR/Reflextion is off
    - FPS close to rF1 when new graphics features are disabled
    - Global look of all ISI content uniform and stable to make a reference for modders (at this time all need to be adjusted in the contet provided by ISI).

+ General
    - Optimisation of the usage of the processor and GFX card, not used at 100% at this time and perhaps impact Low FPS issue.

If you can provide a quite mature level on these elements, we can talk about a gold version equivalent for me to the v1020 of rF1.

Do you share this? Or I'm the only guy expecting a clean job from a paying product. ISI in the past give us this level of quality. What it was announced was delivered in very good level of maturity. On the beta 134, the level is not enough good to compare to the quality of what ISI made for rF1 at start IMO.

14. Thiago Lima

Thiago Lima Registered

I have to agree with you in almost every point.

These things are NOT implemented and make the game looks like...BETA! Tah dah!

Im always saying that: Visual and physics tiny things is what makes a good simracing.
    Im gonna say AGAIN: Reiza took the Gmotor and did what? "Visual and physics tiny things"

And thats a released game!

rF2 isnt even well optimazed. I race with my 660ti and MAX everything (except AA lvl 4)and my VGA works like 80/85%, no matter
    what do i do, or where I am!
    MultiGPU: whats the recomendation I saw from forum comunity? "If you have 2 cards...just buy another"! Ok, so now i can print money!

Rfactor 2 is very VERY good. But once you buy it and wants to go deep in the game, you just see unfinished things.

By the way im still playing all weekends :p my nick ingame is "Ironik".

15. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Hmmm...maybe I miss something but does anyone from ISI said rF2 is going to Gold? :confused:

16. spider19462000

spider19462000 Registered

They havent yet,,which is why everyone is getting confused,,but can we have top gear track anyway,,please,please,pretty please,,;)

17. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Nobody, Tim just rename the forum rFactor 2 Beta to rFactor2, so he gives us the stick to beat him :) (I joke), I gives us the go to ask him to say us if ISI plan to go to gold in the state of the build 134 :)

I hope Gjon will go in this thread to post a clear statement about this (because Tim don't want to answer to my questions :) ). The boss has to clean the doubt generated here by just a forum renaming and a reduction of the refund period.

But I wait for the next build, it will be the better answer to give. And wait for answers on my posts here (that are not linked to Gold) :
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...t-working-all-with-same-lights-!!!?highlight=
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/9523-Problem-when-trying-to-update-a-my-mod?highlight=
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/9527-Max-export-option-and-gen-GMT-tags-description?highlight=
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/9525-Collisions-and-Deformations-(Build-134)?highlight=

18. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

For arguments sake lets say rF2 goes gold tomorrow. How does this effect us? All this commotion is confusing. :confused:

19. Seth

Seth Registered

Just hope all i' ve read from ISI And Tim are joke !!!! If they do it of course all fanboys Will go "great, i CAN play the game". But seriously for the others like me don't expect me to say " great, i' gonna play à simrace game With super tire physix, With five years old graphix, développed underground the brand new direct X 9 !!!! Wow so glad !! Tanks for fuc.... Me ISI. I've payd around 60 € for that !!!" this is insultant for the people that gives you money to make this game. If you do want to release the game as so i want m'y money back And i'll wait for Assetto Corsa.
    Regards

Sorry for m'y bad English i'm à french customer.

20. rhamm

rhamm Registered

It would only affect people who either A) can still get a refund or B) haven't purchased the software yet. It's not like they're going to stop working on the game once it "goes gold".

Tim's previous employer's software was nowhere close to being finished when they started taking money.