A few changes, including refund policy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Jan 7, 2013.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Well, either way, it makes absolutely no difference really. ;) I am probably getting more inclined to try to market the product, now that a few of the really annoying issues are gone.

2. 88mphTim

And I think, with the last build, that someone coming in fresh could probably understand it better if we changed how we talk about things. It frankly didn't do the last company I worked for any long-term harm by releasing openly, and updating long-term, which is what we want to do anyway. That's why with the 30 days there now is for the refund, it makes people make a judgement on the product now, rather than the future, and it might actually take away a bit of the issues people have with ISI not going quick enough for them. Just thinking aloud, but that's what I'm thinking.

3. JuanitoRPM

JuanitoRPM Registered

After one year of tests the number of posts with bugs and wish lists has been falling with successive betas... Its time of first final release? :D

4. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

:cool:

5. spider19462000

spider19462000 Registered

Tim, a quick question,,if ISI are not using the term beta anymore,what is the sim classified as:)

6. Max

Max Registered

Looking forward to news of Gold as many others are too, though maybe not til the end of 2013.. Still, enjoying it as it develops. Updates look good Tim

7. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

For me the list given by GTClub_wajdi here is accurate, and ISI for rF1 released a finished or very mature game. At this time if you consider the rF2 Beta in the state we have with the build 134, you go to suicide !!!

I hope your are joking, and if the list given by GTClub_wajdi is not fixed before Gold (and testable as finished through the beta), I think you will have refund request or very aggressive behaviour against ISI from many Beta tester of rF2.

So please, don't destroy the confidence we have on ISI devellopment habits taken in rF1 to release a Beta as Gold (that is what we have at this time, a beta, far far away to be gold). Or you have internal build that cover what we don't have in our 134 build.

Please say me you are joking !!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2013
  8. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Silver maybe, could be bronze though ;)

9. spider19462000

10. tjc

tjc Registered

I kinda quite like the sound of Bronze as it indicates that much progress has been made but much more is to come. ;)

11. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

soon (rimshot)

12. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

The title of this forum is no more "rfactor 2 Beta forum", now it is called "rfactor 2"!!

13. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Good way to look at it :) I think we are coming up to the 1 year anniversary of the beta release too, boy dose time fly.

14. Golanv

Golanv Registered

You stirred the beehive, sleepy simracers saw something move and jumped on it in hopes of getting a free dinnertime entertainment.

Also the folks that down play ISI accomplishments and rF2 features, saying its behind schedule or that its far from finished, we are not even close to gold, are only saying crap to keep them selves from getting hurt feelings when their hopes and dreams arent quite ready to come true.
    In psychology its called dysappointment, in forums they are known "Forum Warriors".
    "If instead of handling it with poise and aplomb, you become upset and strike out at others or yourself, disappointment turns into dysappointment, where you experience pain and hurt over the disappointment."
    http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/just-listen/201204/disappointment-vs-dysappointment

As you were. :p

15. spider19462000

wow,:D

1 person likes this.
  16. RMachucaA

RMachucaA Registered

Everyone, please stop using the term "BETA". We are all playing an ALPHA version.

"Beta is feature and asset complete version of the game, when only bugs are being fixed.[137][138] This version contains no bugs that prevent the game from being shippable.[137] No changes are made to the game features, assets, or code. Beta occurs two to three months before code release.[138]"

17. 88mphTim

How is "no support" for something accurate when it's working for many, many people, exactly? No support would mean, well... No support.

18. 88mphTim

rFactor2... I guess? That's what I'll be calling it. This is rF2 now, in 6 months it'll be rF2 in 6 months, in 5 years it'll be rF2 in 5 years. :) If you want something to compare to, well, think of most MMOs. It's an ongoing evolutionary process. We certainly aren't where we wanted to be at this point, but we are where we are. It's time to try something different.

19. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Ok, I missed no support, so if we remove the no support from the list, the other point for me are far to be finished. Are you agree with that? Because your answer is not clear!!!

So I rephrase my question: Is ISI considering build 134 enough mature to be gold?

20. 88mphTim

There is ZERO difference to what you're worried about, and what has been here for a year. We haven't started shipping DVDs. Calm down... lol