Well I thought I understood some things...until GSC2012

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kknorpp001, Jan 6, 2013.

1. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Not atacking Navigator neither has any tension with you. But i do have some dificult with the language wich sometimes people feel i´m little offensive when i really didn´t mean to. I´m sorry for that.
    Wich i´m talking it is, i don´t care if knorp is an attention whore if his threads has something related to rf2. And i think Gsc it is more relevant to discuss than Asseto Corsa (wich i believe it will be a good sim) for 10 pages or mores based on screenshots and posted youtube videos and no one call that is annoucement of other game based on nothing else then others opinions and assumptions.. Gsc its there to donload, it came from ISI software and has better features than rf2 (in my opinion even it is old generation of the software we are using now).
    I´m sorry for the bad word. Not mean to personally atack you.

1 person likes this.
  2. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Okay, that's cleared out than, no problem.

I didn't really read the Corsa thing.
    This one I read and even with google I couldn't make up what it was. Not after the second post of TS either.
    After the post from Nikos, I could find it.
    Than I think; posting things, not elaborating, no real connection with rF2 really......why post? Advertising? Just attention?
    I really don't get it; that was my issue.

3. canastos

canastos Registered

I'm thinking the same: about to find connection between rfactor2 and my cat :p

byyyyyyyyye

4. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

For those who are truly having trouble understanding this post (not those who just complain about every post they didn't start), consider the following:

- Game Stock Car is built on rf1 and some say is better than rf2
    - I personally am completely shocked by the Mini
    - Incidentally, the AI are OUTSTANDING, even on rf1 track conversions. Might be interesting to understand how or is Reiza just amazing at everything
    - GSC represents a hugely successful implementation of a commercial mod
    - For those of you who can't read, I also mention in one of my posts that I'm curious how soon commercial licensing of rf2 engine would be available for Reiza and others to make magic like this
    - Do I need to go on? Please grow up. There is really nothing constructive in feigning confusion or failure to understand a post or companying about the number of threads or accusations of spam/marketing. Really. And hit me with negative rep all you want. This may shock you but I don't care about my rep. My statements and actions on this forum stand on their own and I will take positive or negative credit for each based on the logic and merits of what I say.

5. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Both you have no idea when become gold. :p

6. Navigator

Navigator Registered

It was not feigning; you write down "gsc2012" and that was all. Can't make anything up with that and that is just because you want to start topics, giving no information or elaborating; just the page full of your topics.
    People told you before; this is the first time I say that. And yes, I' m heartbroken about the fact I didn't start it; how can I live with myself now? (See; this is YOUR level of writing now)

I didn't give you negative reputation.

7. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

I don't get all this comparing of games...or Sims if you prefer. I have most of them, and enjoy them all. But I would not bother singing their praises here. I will get all the next gen ones as well, there will be something in each of them that I will enjoy, maybe the feel, maybe a particular mod or yes maybe even just the sexy eyecandy. So why argue? just enjoy the wealth of fun to be had, enjoy your racing and chill.

8. vittorio

vittorio Registered

I tried GSC2012 + Nordschleife mod + V1.20 update (which includes the Mini) and it feels indeed very good.
    Better than RF1+HistorX+RealFeel+LeoFFB (but my racing wheel wasn't in best condision/broken when i was driving this combination).

Personally i think theres still a big/huge difference regarding better feel (and maybe realism, i dont race in real life) of FFB and physics between GSC2012 and RF2. RF2 really fascinates me and makes me smile when racing because of the physics and FFB. Driving the mini on nords with GSC2012 was good and interesting (but not fascinating).

Still worth the $19. A simracing pal did alot racing in real life with the mini, lets see what he thinks.

9. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

The problem with me is im a sim whore...im gonna buy everything but codemasters .. lol :D

1 person likes this.
  10. taufikp

taufikp Registered

GSC is not a mod. It directly uses the source code of gMotor and pMotor, basically this means you can change anything inside ISI base code. With the regular modding, it is not possible to have such high degree of "freedom".

11. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

To a point I'd agree with this but there is the point that many that be physics don't think outside the box. They don't change all the things or add to things that ISI has set out in the physics ini files from rF's release back in 2005. rF has still got a lot of hidden stuff that people can do and I think Reiza is one that has. I don't know about this GSC but it was there in Formula Armaroli back in 2007 when it was first released and better now after a update in 2010. Reiza aren't the only mod team that has achieve things from rF1 that was never there to start with either. Many have. The thing that's sad is their all have found things different but no one has combined all these into one mod.

12. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

By the way, threat and thread mean different things, so you better check next time :)

PS: GSC 2012 is awesome, totally worth it. I had some fun races there and they were epic.

1 person likes this.
  13. Navigator

Navigator Registered

LOL!
    I made a mistake, thanks for correcting; I like that.

14. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

I'd just like to point out that the Nordschliefe mod for GSC is just basically the rFactor track and has none of the improvements that the scratch built tracks for GSC offer, including a much higher resolution surface with modeled bumps etc. So the experience will be diluted compared to normal, although I guess with a placebo of it being 'Nordschliefe'.

15. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Thats interesting, thanks for the info Alex! I only tried the Nordschleife yet.

16. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Well, I for one can´t feel anything special about GSC2012.
    Nothing that others already done with rF1.

Personally I think Niels Heusinkveld is somewhat overrated.
    Sure he has some experience. But he does no magic.
    For example the new Corvette C6 for rF1 is physics-wise a big fail!

Greets
    Pete

17. Hagen Tröger

Hagen Tröger Registered

Every rF mod is directly using the source code of isiMotor2.0, like reiza are doing, but Reiza are authorized to change the source code of isiMotor2.0, what does not mean, that they have automatically the ability to do this.

I think in GSC2012 there is no indication for changes in source code of isiMotor2.0, the FFB is different, but maybe it is caused by a plugin, i may be wrong too

18. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

They use their version of realfeel with some leobodnar code built in. Techade could explain this better, i think.
    As far i know they have 2 licensed cars and fantasy f1 (modern and midle 80's wich i think that formula armaroli is). Plus they have at least half dozen of real tracks from Brasil included interlagos (better i've seem).
    If rf2 has some payware like that for the price people said in here, please let me know.

19. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Yep, physics were nothing special, but they did do a nice job on their circuits.

20. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

GSC2012 Rocks fellas. Im a sim whore also. lol. I even paid for the Truck sim coming out soon.