FFB near Center /

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Andreas67, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Andreas67

Andreas67 Registered

Hello,

I use a Fanatec wheel Clupsport.
    This is very smooth.
    In the center area, it feels too lax.
    And there is no smooth transition,
    when the FFB then abruptly.
    in the pit lane, the steering is too loose
    I would not use damper
    I think it's better, a little bit of FFB.
    Is that possible?

2. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Hi Andreas67,

I have the CSR-Elite which is exactly the same technology in terms of the wheel base (the unit that generates the FFB).

If i understand what your saying correctly, you have this strange feeling of almost non-existent FFB around the centre?

I have this problem sometimes as well. It comes from not plugging in the wheel before loading up rf2. What I have observed is the controls get messed up and i find myself having to hit the "detect" button on the settings page (picture below) which then fixes the problem. Unfortunately though, it deletes all you assignments so you must re-assign them all again. :(

And so the rule of thumb i advise to you is to never load rf2 without you wheel first powered on and plugged into the PC. :)

[​IMG]

(please ignore the clutch, brake and throttle graphs. I only plugged in my wheel when i took this pic so they sort of freaked out).

Please let me know if this did or didn't help you resolve the issue. Cheers. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2013
  3. Golanv

Golanv Registered

I just added some spring to my t500rs to get more feeling to the middle, I mostly had the issue when starting to lose the rear end grip and needed to do little adjustments to keep it from escalating.

4. emilblixt

emilblixt Registered

I have the same issue with my G27. Om some tracks I can let go of the wheel on straights and it almost wont move at all. rF2:s FFB is great, just not at, or around, the center if you compare it to iR for example.

5. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

I thought this was a problem with the G27? (I have one too) So in iRacing is the force feedback still present in the centre?

6. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I use a bit of Damper(22%) and it feels better near center!

7. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

wow, seems like i either understood the OP correctly or a whole lot of people are experiencing the same problem that i did not have all the time on either my G25 and CSR-Elite.

8. Andreas67

Andreas67 Registered

there was something in RF1 :

FFB steer force neutral range="0.00000" // Max distance from center "neutral force" location where forces are reduced to help avoid

oscillation (0.0 to disable)

Leo´s Real Feel Plugin -- FFB Kraft für stationäre und niedriger Geschwindigkeit Effekte

9. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Andreas, did you try my solution in case it was the problem i have experienced in the past?

If it feels like a big drop in ffb strength and response for the first 20-30 degrees of rotation around the centre, then it really sounds like the problem i know. If not, well nvm then. :)

10. emilblixt

emilblixt Registered

Yup. Except for the (tiny) mechanical deadzone due to the G27 gear mechanism. In rF2 FFB is a little more vague round center. Maybe iR uses some kind of spring effect not present in rF2?

On the whole, rF2 FFB is better though.

11. Andreas67

Andreas67 Registered

ThankYou DrR1pper, I will test it later:)

12. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Just curious. What's up with your pedal graphs?

13. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Continue reading below that picture in that post. ;)

That happens to them when i start rf2 without the pedals plugged in.

14. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

I apoligise, i know what you mean now after going into the game trying to look for the problem you were talking about. I had just never noticed it until you mentioned it. The other problem I talk of is still very real but it is a different problem altogether.

15. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

My g25 has always suffered with a weak centre with higher rotations. Bring it down to 270º and it tightens right up :)

The idea of running strength at 107% was to help with FFB at centre wasn't it? Something to do with info being dropped at 100%.

16. Andreas67

Andreas67 Registered

'That's right

17. Iker Doral

Iker Doral Registered

18. emilblixt

emilblixt Registered

270 is crazy low! I use the vehicle set option to get realistic steering. 270 must be twitchy as ****??? Or am I missing something?

19. filas

filas Registered

If someone have for example Logitech Momo, it has only around this number of steering degree maybe less (240). So like you say, after that if use higer number in setup/vehicle steering lock, steering can be twitchy (depends on default maximal steering lock of vehicle).
    It can look like disadvantage, but sometime I wasnt sure, because you can turn quicker, but not so accurate, althougt that depends on skill. Or you use low steering lock and its ok, you cant turn that much, but I didnt have problems with it, maybe only if you have to turn around.. Now with g27 I use more, but still sometime I go for lower value, mainly for formula cars. Sry for eng..