G25 - I give up!!

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by Perryn, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Perryn

Perryn Registered

I'm new to rFactor and very frustrated. I am a long time iRacing fan but really wanted to give rFactor a shot. iRacing was plug and play with my G25 set up and rFactor is anything but; I've spent hours on the forums trying a dozen different setup recommendations, none of which work properly. I've calibrated the wheel and run the Logitech Profiler with no success.

This is a DRIVING simulator and my DRIVING apparatus should work - easily! Oh, and I also loaded F1 2012 today and my G25 ran like a top. I am not impressed.

2. Dave Millard

Dave Millard Registered

I have been using a g25 for years.......... talk to me, what is the problem?

3. Perryn

Perryn Registered

Thanks. I can't shift with paddles even with them mapped. Steering is heavy and vague at lowest settings. Weird centering resistance. Feels anything but real.

I should be able to select the G25 USB profile in the menu and drive away!! Or at least be able to find the ideal settings without digging through the forums and getting a dozen different ways to set it up.

4. Dave Millard

Dave Millard Registered

question
    1: In the windows controller settings do you use 900 degrees?

5. Perryn

Perryn Registered

6. Perryn

Perryn Registered

I really appreciate your help, but rather than do this one question at a time, isn't there one good set up sheet we can all use and then tweak it to individual preferences?

7. Perryn

Perryn Registered

Okay, I'm going to go and do some iRacing and then I'll check this post again later, thanks

8. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Just a little hint mate. If you're clear, to the point and a little less abrasive more people might be willing to help. ;)

9. Dave Millard

Dave Millard Registered

I would like to get on TS or some voice chat ... would make things a lot easier.

3 people like this.
  10. Jorgen

Jorgen Registered

Is it rFactor1 or rFactor2 you have issues with? Also, if you could describe in detail what doesn't work, it would be easier to help.

Side note - I have been using a G25 in both rFactor1 and rFactor2 without any issues at all except for overly noisy FFB in rF2, which was cured with a filtering parameter.

11. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Hire a pit crew to make this job instead you :)

You have no FFB in the game? Steering degree is not right? Buttons? Nothing works?

Just be more detailed about what doesn't work and we will try to help you

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Sorry if this seems harsh... but when someone joins and their first post is a "I give up!" post... I'm inclined to let them.

13. Hutch-SCO

Hutch-SCO Registered

Well its fairly obvious you can't do anything by yourself seeing as you can only use plug and play....

Even if you click the predefined g25 profiler you still need to calibrate and reassign the controls to make sure it works to your wheel (the ingame settings not on the logitech profiler like you are touching), you also need real feel and the knowledge of how to use it correctly if you want the best feeling from the wheel.

14. Perryn

Perryn Registered

Wow, Dave Millard just took a great deal of time out of his Sunday to set me up and teach me many very cool things about rFactor! Dave, you are a gentlemen and a true ambassador for rFactor and I greatly appreciate your help. I'm already starting to forget the name of that other race sim ;) Thank you!!

15. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

Top man Dave, that's the way to do it. Would buy you a drink, but you'll have to make do with a rep point.