[Released] Toronto 2007 v0.9 by iDT Simulations

Discussion in 'Locations' started by iDTDoug, Dec 31, 2012.

1. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered

2007 Toronto Circuit for rFactor2
    (c) 2011-13 Doug Lynch/iDT Racing Simulations

Credits:
    This is a conversion of our rFactor1 track.

Please consider donating via paypal to doug@idtsimulations.com
    or use the donate button on our website or RFC.

Credits:
    Track Mesh, walls and fences: Doug Lynch
    Some 3D models by Google, Ryan Field and Richard Chmielewski
    Research Photos: Doug Lynch, Google earth/street view
    Testing: Vincent Ceballos, Richard Chmielewski, Grant Bradley, Chris Lesperance
    Google earth for ground imaging.
    ISI for rFactor2.

Track looks best in NON-HDR mode.
    -
    Instructions:
    Copy the rfcmp file to your packages folder, then install through the RF launcher.

Paddock/Garage: the first 25 garage spots are in pit lane. (#1 car for 25 teams) The rest are in the paddock and a few near pit-in. (75 - 3 per team total for 25 teams)
    The starting grid has 30 markings. The alt grid has 75 spots.

Unlike the rf1 version, there are no night lights yet. Maybe later.

Special thanks to Miss Toronto herself, Brandi Latimer for her support.

Conversion to any other gaming format is prohibited without permission.

COMMERICAL OR PROMOTIONAL USE OF THIS TRACK WITHOUT PERMISSION IN WRITING IS PROHIBITED AND WILL BE DOCUMENTED AND PROSECUTED. Donations can be made via paypal to doug@idtsimulations.com

at RFC and our archive and Nogrip shortly
    http://www.idtsimulations.com/archive/rFactor2/Locations/Toronto07_rf2_0_9.rar

Please post issues and bugs here. Thanks and Have a Happy New Year.
    GRAB_072.JPG

1 person likes this.
  2. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Brill !

Going to check this out tomorrow !

Thanks (-:

3. Banger

Banger Registered

thanks idt

4. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

conversions from rf1 has the same quality of one built from the scracth (from beggining?) in rf2?

5. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered

the road textures were all totally remade for this version.

6. Essemo

Essemo Registered

I've downloaded the track but can't seem to extract the contents of the file. I just get a corrupt file message. Any thoughts?

7. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

Corrupt download, download again (rar file size must be 134.799.849 bytes).

8. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Can I suggest to upload files sites accept rfmods rather then compress them.

Idea is to drop it straight into packages like Abriel's torrent.

Better yet just give it to Abriel before release and save yourself the Hassle

Then post torrent link at your site you help others with all tracks.

:)

9. ozleem

ozleem Registered

I've been to this race track twice for the Indy Cart cars very loud very epic and you should check out there Kiosks best hotdog's ever, I am part of the checkered flag club there where we get are very own tent bar,BBQ,open buffet,T.V, heh, It's funny you go there and end up watching the race on the T.V, To loud in the seats behind pit lane, and you really have no idea who is winning the race cuz no guy on T.V telling you or cam's following the leader, just every few seconds a random car will come around the corner for just one second and gone again in another second, much better to watch races on a T.V then in real, could be different at other tracks but this is the only one I've ever been to in real, other then small local dirt tracks those don't count thou, Thanks for this maybe i can find my club tent :D

Just gave it a try and it has the feel you are in Toronto thats a good thing the feel of the place is there good start hope it gets better bit bumpy but you prolly know that and other's i wont mention as this is wip.
    View attachment 5442
    Are you going to implement this garage? In real life it is where the cars are pushed out from, To the pits, You could start us from inside that building like they do for real, so we don't just start right there on pit road, more immersion this way i think.

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2012
  10. ethone

ethone Registered

Thanks Doug!

11. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

12. DerKutscher

DerKutscher Registered

Very nice work! But it still lacks truly HDR profiles.

With HDR, it is very bright!

greeting

DerKutscher

13. elbo

elbo Registered

Thanks for this...now we got Longbeach, Toronto, Indy...can't wait for an Indycar to run on these.

14. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

15. Ryno917

Ryno917 Registered

It can be difficult to follow any race at a road course because you can't typically see the entire course. That being said, it's still 100 times better than watching it on TV; the ambiance is just bliss.

The indycars aren't loud anymore, though :( The new cars are so damned quiet. I live basically right beside the course and I couldn't even hear them on Friday and Saturday (only went on Sunday this year).

And about the bumps; many drivers complain about Toronto; it's by far the bumpiest circuit on the calendar (probably due to Detroit being missing for years, it's worse). And I'm not surprised, our roads are crap.

16. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered

I doubt the garage location will be changed. That would make it so a road behind the grandstands would be needed to avoid the AI giving you a wrong direction DQ getting on pit road (or you'd have to do a whole lap and re-enter the pits).

I have yet to master the art of getting the HDR profiles to work without them adding weird colors. If anyone wants to contribute, please feel free, you will get full credit. my email is and always will be doug at idtsimulations.com

17. ozleem

ozleem Registered

"It can be difficult to follow any race at a road course because you can't typically see the entire course. That being said, it's still 100 times better than watching it on TV; the ambiance is just bliss".

Agree nothing can match the real sounds and feeling of being there in person.

"And about the bumps; many drivers complain about Toronto; it's by far the bumpiest circuit on the calendar (probably due to Detroit being missing for years, it's worse). And I'm not surprised, our roads are crap".

True I've never drove on the track or won the draw to go out with the pace car but I could imagine the bumps on this track heh.

"I doubt the garage location will be changed. That would make it so a road behind the grandstands would be needed to avoid the AI giving you a wrong direction DQ getting on pit road (or you'd have to do a whole lap and re-enter the pits)".

Cool just a thought I had, Had no idea what it would take to implement that thanks for reply :D

18. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Thank you for this new track :)
    Just a little thing, when I try to Use trackmap plugin (after exported aiw & gdb files) I encounter CTD.

19. elbo

elbo Registered

strange, I use track map plugin on it with no problems.

20. Bryan Birtwell

Bryan Birtwell Registered

Fun track, thank you very much!

One thing I noticed was after the track got heavily rubbered in, the rubber takes on an extremely angular pattern.

Happy New Year!

Bryan