Terrible Frame Rates- Nissan GTR

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jett080, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Jett080

Jett080 Registered

Hi Guys,

I have an issue I'd like to sort out...hoping someone can help?? I have no issues with any other cars but when ever I take the GTR for a spin my frame rates are terrible.

With the 370z, Clio etc I have upwards of 80-90 frames on all tracks, yet with the GTR as soon as I start moving my frames will drop in to the 25-30 fps range- sitting still they are in the 120 fps range.

I can't work it out & after two or three weeks its driving me insane!

any ideas??

2. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Well, my problem is a bit different. I had terrible frame rates whatever I drove and wherever I was. I made a clean instal of 134 build and my frames jumped to 70-90 from 30-45. Without lowering any video settings at all. However I noticed different problem. When I was driving GTR at Toban it was silky smooth for the first 5-10 minutes of constant driving. The more I was driving the less smooth the picture started to become. Frames were still at 80+, without any sudden drops. Only to 70 fps but never lower. But the view through my windscreen was getting less and less smooth. Motion of steering wheel etc inside the car was fine but everything outside the car seemed like was loosing fps. Like a slideshow, a fast one, but still slideshow. It was slow enough for my eye to see that the picture wasn't smooth. With even some more driving it really became annoying and wasn't affecting only my driving but also my eyes and brain. My brain couldn't handle it and it started to hurt a bit. Nothing major but still enough to actually have a prove that sth is not right.

Jett080 my advice is to make a clean instal and see what happens. If it improves then cool. If not come back and we will figure it out.

I would be grateful if someone helped me with my problem because this might be a problem when it comes to long races.

3. taufikp

taufikp Registered

Did this slideshow happened in Toban only? Or in other tracks as well?

4. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

To be completely honest with you mate, I didn't check it. I mean I didn't tried driving around (at other tracks) long enough to encounter this problem. At Lime Rock you get this sudden loss of smoothness and fps at certain points of track like the last corner of the track but it is quite common among others and track related. I wrote about Toban because I had a lot of running there recently and it became annoying when it became obvious that sth is wrong and unlike LRP it happens on whole circuit not certain parts and fps counter still shows constantly around 80-85 fps which should be smooth like baby's butt but it isn't.

You think I should drive around for longer period of time at other tracks to check if it's track related or it's something else? Or we can try finding solution right now with current knowladge :confused:

If you need anything else from me to able to help me, you got it. I appreciate any help and thanks in advance. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2012
  5. taufikp

taufikp Registered

Just finished 50 laps of practice (with 4 AIs) at LRP with Nissan GTR and Z. I didn't get the sudden loss of FPS nor slideshow problem. I'll try Toban after the downloading process is complete.

6. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Cool. Let me know what did you find. I learn at nights so I'll be here I guess. ;) If you got TS or Ventrillo you could tell me where I could find you and talk through this problem. :)

EDIT: Tried with video sync and it helped a lot. Still it can slow down a bit but it doesn't bother me anymore. I expected to have huge input lag but it's rather small and manageable.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2012
  7. taufikp

taufikp Registered

Just finished the test day and racing at Toban with only 11 AIs (mixture of GTR and Z), and I didn't get slideshow or drastic FPS drop.

But this Toban is very bright with HDR on, almost no shadows, and at some places the 3D meshes are not well connected/welded, causing very harsh bump.

About slideshow, one of the possible cause is the steering wheel is out of real time mode, if I remember this correctly.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2013
  8. Jett080

Jett080 Registered

Ok guys to update this-

I've done a complete reinstall of Rf2, I've tried turning mirrors off & a whole host of other things- with no fix.

As I've said in the first post this issue only occurs in the GTR. I can be sitting in the pits in the car & get upwards of 130fps yet as soon as I move they plumet, this is what led me to try the rearview mirrors.

What I have found so far
    - This only happens in cockpit & rear chase cam view- this issue does not occur using nose cam etc.
    - When this fps slowdowns occur my GPU usage drops from 99% on both cards to around 40% (monitored in afterburner)
    - This ONLY occurs using the GTR- all other cars are flawless.

any ideas on the cause?? or fix gents?

9. Jett080

Jett080 Registered

Just bumping this back up....still having this issue.

To add to my above post, the frame drops are linked to me pushing the accelerator pedal, I can literally hit the throttle and watch frame rates drop from 100 or so down to 30, I can be flat out down a straight on the gas with frame rates at 30, get of the gas and just coast and my frames will go back up to 100 or so, it's bloody odd.

Any ideas? No other cars are an issue at all.

10. Natureboy

Natureboy Registered

Really sounds CPU related, maybe your physics files on the car are corrupted. Try redownloading the rfcmp and install car again.

11. Jett080

Jett080 Registered

Did some more playing around tonight, seems if I turn multiview off my frame rates are fine in the gtr, multiview back on frame rates drop only when I press the throttle...it's got me beat as to why the gtr is the only car I have an issue with!

Still only occurs in cockpit cam, all other cameras are fine.