Formula 2 and G27

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by enique, Dec 28, 2012.

1. enique

enique Registered

Well I just purchased rFactor 2 and fired it up with the Formula 2. I have to say so far I'm disappointed to say the least.

I don't know what it is, but it almost feels like the force feedback is reversed or something. Like as you make a turn like all feeling for the car just goes out the window. It just wants to continue to turn, even letting off the wheel it just stays the same and keeps turning.

I thought on the old rFactor there was a reverse the force feedback option, however, I didn't see an option within rFactor 2. Maybe I'm missing something, but hopefully someone here can point me in the right direction. Thanks.

2. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

No reverse ffb. :)

3. enique

enique Registered

Yeah, I believe I found the setting to reverse the force feedback.

[ Force Feedback ]
    Steering effects strength="-10000.00000" // -10000 to +10000, applies to all steering effects (torque, resistance, static spring, jolt, etc.)

I've tried both "-10000.00000" and "10000.00000", neither one of them really seem to help. Maybe it's just the physics of the car, if that's the case then who do I contact to get a refund.

4. Hagen Tröger

Hagen Tröger Registered

the force feedback is not reversed, this is a characteristic of this car that the pneumatic trail can be reversed in a particular angle and oversteering

5. poket roket

poket roket Registered

lol, tried one car, try another before you consider a refund.

6. enique

enique Registered

Yeah, that's the car I bought the game for. Maybe I'm just spoiled by netKar PRO, but if this is how the car drives definitely would like a refund.

7. poket roket

poket roket Registered

I have a G25 and FFB feels great in this car. Maybe you have some settings messed up.

8. enique

enique Registered

Default settings other then the setting above I tried.

9. Hagen Tröger

Hagen Tröger Registered

you can test the rF2 beta 2 months, before you have to decide to make a refund :)

10. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

Well, I can't say I experience the same as you are saying, but to each their own :) Different expectations, etc.

But to you question, inside the launcher there is an option to request a refund (I believe it is under 'purchase', correct me if I'm wrong :p ). Though I do think you should try it a bit longer, try changing the setup and see how that changes feel.
    And as someone allready said, you can ask a refund any time within two months after purchase

11. stonec

stonec Registered

The F2 inverted FFB is I believe a mod related issue that I hope will be fixed in the future. I think it has to do with the low level of default caster which the F2 car uses, which is a locked option in the setup. Higher casters that for example the ISI Masters car has result in a higher degree of wheel centering, which is what increasing the caster does in real world as well. It just seems that the effect on the FFB is somewhat wrongly computed for low caster angles. Anyway, I haven't noticed this in other mods.

12. Hagen Tröger

Hagen Tröger Registered

AW: Formula 2 and G27

Caster is causing mechanical trail but the rotating frontwheels are causing pneumatic trail which can be reversed in realistic way

Gesendet von meinem U9200 mit Tapatalk 2

13. sg333

sg333 Registered

I cant get the FIA F2 to feel right with any settings and ive tried gear and belt wheels. I dont think the physics are final so I'm personally waiting on an update before judging it. Shame because its a GREAT car otherwise.

14. Hagen Tröger

Hagen Tröger Registered

AW: Formula 2 and G27

The question is, what is right, reversed pneumatic trail can be a.realistic thing,but I can feel the car very very good :)

Gesendet von meinem U9200 mit Tapatalk 2

15. enique

enique Registered

I requested my refund, I'll just stick to iRacing/netKar PRO for now until Assetto Corsa comes out. ;)

16. Domi

Domi Registered

The mechanical trail contribution for the steering torque should be higher than the one coming from the pneumatic trail, as far as I know. Here it feels like if there is only a torque coming from the pneumatic trail, which can go reverse at higher slip angles. It is a bit strange that the caster value of the car is just 2.5 (if I remember correctly). All the caster values I've seen from open wheelers are between the 7-13deg range.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2012
  17. Deadpedal

Deadpedal Registered

In the Controls panel, set the Car-specific FFB Multiplier to at least 2, maybe 2.5 for the Formula 2 cars. Set the FFB Smoothing to between 8 and 16; the lower you can stand it the better.

18. Zephyr RU

Zephyr RU Registered

cooool isue

19. ericRacer

ericRacer Registered

I think you are right ! with netkar pro, AC , GSC2012 and iracing it is not a headache adjusting the wheel and FFB. Plug , calibration and play. => Refund.

20. Big Engine

Big Engine Registered

In any case is not a g27's problem. Even with the t500rs the car is really bad