why this interface

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by willz, Dec 27, 2012.

1. willz

willz Registered

Help, this interface on rf2 is a bit of a joke, its like looking through a deck of cards, I can`t wait till i have hundreds of mods and tracks, flip flip flip flip flip flip flip and then flip some more, why change the interface from the old one, have they been on space cake, I`ve been a rf1 fan for years but the new one should be better and easier, not being funny but please sort it out

2. CordellCahill

CordellCahill Registered

3. Butch Nackley

Butch Nackley Registered

I agree too.
    I have suggested a system like Flight Simulator X has for its Aircraft Selection page. Something like that for cars and another page for tracks would be very easy to use even with hundreds of items to choose from. I've not seen a better a system in any games I have had, especially not when there are many many items in them.

I do hope to see something similar in rF2 one day.

4. Type-R

Type-R Registered

You can always switch to old car/track selection menu :)

5. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Yes, switch to list view.

I agree this new interface should have some grouping. Take 10 mods with 30 cars each and you end up with 300 car pictures that need to be loaded and 300 cards that user needs to dig through before finding his car. I have all ISI mods (and there will be a lot more of them after gold) + one community mod and it's allready too much IMHO.

6. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

I guess the cards were used to speed up the interface, but i guess it was a bit overdone here.
    List view and cards should be the way to go. I also wanto to choose upgrades without to load the 3d car.
    Showroom should be only optional.

7. willz

willz Registered

how do you do that ??

8. JGraf

JGraf Registered

within the VEHICLE and TRACK menu, above the spinner of go-fish cards is a button for an alternate LIST VIEW.
    not old, it was introduced later in development.
    also notice in the CUSTOMIZE area, a USER INTERFACE tab, just begging for someone to mod us other UI choices. :cool:

9. willz

willz Registered

thanks this is easier but still limited to the section selected, for instance i put a track in my packages folder the other day went into manage mods right clicked on it, and installed, so now the track is in my manage mods folder with a yes in the installed box,
    go into the game and i simply cant find it anywhere, now i know this new game is very technical in the physics department but menus should be simple i just cant understand the thinking in the design of it, all we need is a list in alphabetical order after all thats the way its been done for thousands of years. again thanks for the tip on alternate list JGraf

10. Kiro

Kiro Registered

sorta reminds me of the previous iTunes build.

11. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Um, try enabling the older layout you like by switching on the list view that's been there for quite a while.

12. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

That issue is probably that you had a specific series selected. Go to series and select all cars and tracks.